Rouge Coco Flash

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  89
Likes Likes:  106
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rouge Coco Flash

  1. #31
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte View Post
    That is interesting. I thought of Boy as a spring scent. If I don't get it soon. I will definitely sniff it again in warmer weather to see if I like it for the season. I did like Jersey. Seemed sweet if I'm remembering right or was that Beige? I'm not sure. I didn't try any of them on my skin. Next time. Next shopping trip I will check out 1957. Thanks for the info Monsy.
    boy has that old school barber shop vibe. definitely more masculine than the rest in the range. jersey is beautiful soft lavender

    the best one for winter is coromandel

  2. Thanks Icecaramellatte thanked for this post
  3. #32
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    i don’t remember it but would Casual or Immediat be anything similar?
    I am eyeing Casual

  4. #33
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    I am eyeing Casual
    I like that one too on Chanel.com, but I like a lot of them on there. I need some real swatches. I got #92 and love it even though it looks more pink than red on me. Wore it to my Valentines Day lunch ❤️ with DH.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  5. Likes elegant-one liked this post
  6. #34
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  7. Thanks Alysse011, elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes Alysse011, elegant-one liked this post
  8. #35
    Senior Member Alysse011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, it looks like Boy is a totally different color. I’m disappointed about that. I definitely am going to wait to see it in person before purchasing.

  9. #36
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely more brown than the old one

  10. #37
    Senior Member Icecaramellatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monsy,

    I stopped at a Boutique to try 1957. I liked it but I don't know that I have to have it. I'm still in winter fragrance mode and this definitely says spring to me. I thought I would wear it and think about it. I did get a compliment on it though when I went into another store. I did pick up 3 Rouge Coco Flashes: Jour, Moment and Warm Up. I picked up Chicness first but I traded it out for a pink color as I always find myself needed something pink. I had swatched a pretty berry but I'm always picking up a berry so I went for a wearable pink. I hope Jour is it. I tried nothing on my lips. There was another color next to it that was close to it and I almost bought that one I think it was Love but I think Jour was a pinch warmer. I wanted to get Chicness and the shimmer top coat but I thought 5 was too much for an impulse purchase. I also bought another Le Volume Revolution. Is this ever coming to stores? Has anyone seen it in department stores yet? I'm not ever sure when I bought it the first time as it isn't in my order history since the site was down and I had to do a phone order but it was definitely needed to be replaced.
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://www.instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/
    https://www.ebates.com/r/PINEA8?eeid=28187

  11. Thanks Winthrop44, elegant-one, urbis thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44, elegant-one liked this post
  12. #38
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are right about 1957 i would say and try it again in warmer weather

    regarding rouge coco flash i saw someone posted on their ig stories, i think it was display from nordies

  13. #39
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  14. Thanks Alysse011 thanked for this post
  15. #40
    Member USCgirlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't posted in forever (I have to admit that I sometimes lurk instead!) but wanted to share that I just received my Rouge Coco Flash today in Jour and LOVE it so far. I had read good things about the lipstick but RCF has truly exceeded my expectations! It's so incredibly comfortable and moisturizing to apply, glides on incredibly smoothly, and my lips feel very moisturized (especially great in the winter). I have way too many lipsticks in my collection and I have to say that so far, RCF seems to give the most pleasant application experience by far. My lips also look hydrated and healthy.

    I'm really glad that I ordered RCF as I went back and forth about it, since I've been trying to transition to wearing only "clean" lip products lately (e.g. Bite Beauty, RMS, and I have an order of Kjaer Weis lip products arriving tomorrow). I have a weakness however for Chanel products, and the good reviews & marketing sucked me in (as well as their cool virtual "try on" feature on their website!). Wish that Chanel provided cleaner ingredients but I must say this is exceeding my expectations so far! I've only worn it for a few hours though so will update if anything changes .

    Edited to add: I have many Rouge Coco Shines in my collection and for me, RCF glides on so much more smoothly in comparison and is much more moisturizing.
    Last edited by USCgirlie; February 21st, 2019 at 12:41 AM.

  16. Thanks elegant-one, Winthrop44 thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one, Winthrop44 liked this post
  17. #41
    Senior Member Miss QQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching this when I get home! My favourite Rouge Coco Shine was Flirt, which was a soft coral, so beautiful. I'm trying to find the dupe in these new ones. At the moment I'm interested in 90 Jour and 84 Immediat. I think the clear cap top will look elegant, not hoping it looks like the drugstore transparent caps because I like my luxury lipsticks.
    NC15 / dark brown hair / brown eyes

  18. #42
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post
    Watching this when I get home! My favourite Rouge Coco Shine was Flirt, which was a soft coral, so beautiful. I'm trying to find the dupe in these new ones. At the moment I'm interested in 90 Jour and 84 Immediat. I think the clear cap top will look elegant, not hoping it looks like the drugstore transparent caps because I like my luxury lipsticks.
    Hi @Miss QQ ! Hope all is well with you. I think both of those look really pretty online, but still don't have a counter so don't know about irl. The case is still elegant looking. TBH it's not that easy to peek at the color thru it. Please report back if you get to see those two in person!
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  19. #43
    Senior Member Miss QQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gail! All is well here and hope you are too! I saw the video, the test cards are so cute and it's a great way to try all of them. I haven't been to the counters in a while, and I think these are not launched yet and only saw them on the states website. All the colours look so pretty, and I've added Live and Emotion in my kiv list. I know, I think we still have to look at the label at the bottom of the lipstick to identify it if we buy more than one!
    NC15 / dark brown hair / brown eyes

  20. Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  21. #44
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USCgirlie View Post
    I haven't posted in forever (I have to admit that I sometimes lurk instead!) but wanted to share that I just received my Rouge Coco Flash today in Jour and LOVE it so far. I had read good things about the lipstick but RCF has truly exceeded my expectations! It's so incredibly comfortable and moisturizing to apply, glides on incredibly smoothly, and my lips feel very moisturized (especially great in the winter). I have way too many lipsticks in my collection and I have to say that so far, RCF seems to give the most pleasant application experience by far. My lips also look hydrated and healthy.

    I'm really glad that I ordered RCF as I went back and forth about it, since I've been trying to transition to wearing only "clean" lip products lately (e.g. Bite Beauty, RMS, and I have an order of Kjaer Weis lip products arriving tomorrow). I have a weakness however for Chanel products, and the good reviews & marketing sucked me in (as well as their cool virtual "try on" feature on their website!). Wish that Chanel provided cleaner ingredients but I must say this is exceeding my expectations so far! I've only worn it for a few hours though so will update if anything changes .

    Edited to add: I have many Rouge Coco Shines in my collection and for me, RCF glides on so much more smoothly in comparison and is much more moisturizing.
    Thanks for posting this! Jour is #1 on my list. What does the shade look like?
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  22. #45
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    Hi @Miss QQ ! Hope all is well with you. I think both of those look really pretty online, but still don't have a counter so don't know about irl. The case is still elegant looking. TBH it's not that easy to peek at the color thru it. Please report back if you get to see those two in person!
    I think I will get to a Nordies this weekend. Hopefully they will have these at the store we're going to.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  23. Thanks Winthrop44 thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  24. #46
    Senior Member Alysse011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had a very fruitful trip to Neimans. Boy is definitely different, but I’ll eat my words because I’m not going to riot...I like the new version SO much more. Which I didn’t think was going to happen. The new formula is most definitely better. It’s no contest. The new color is more beige. It actually reminds me of a cross between the old Boy and Satisfaction. I’m relieved!

    i also bought Tom Ford White Suede eyeshadow palette while I was there! I’m very excited!

  25. Thanks Winthrop44, elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44, Rinstar, elegant-one liked this post
  26. #47
    Senior Member Alysse011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just reread the above posts and I used so many exclamation points. But I meant them all

  27. Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  28. #48
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    I am eyeing Casual
    Don't know how true it is but I read on an IG post today or yesterday that Casual is LE.
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Thanks for posting this! Jour is #1 on my list. What does the shade look like?
    Yes! I almost ordered Jour along with Boy when I ordered. The Live Chat person told me it was pinky coral but I don't really trust their descriptions so will look forward to hearing what you think of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysse011 View Post
    I just had a very fruitful trip to Neimans. Boy is definitely different, but I’ll eat my words because I’m not going to riot...I like the new version SO much more. Which I didn’t think was going to happen. The new formula is most definitely better. It’s no contest. The new color is more beige. It actually reminds me of a cross between the old Boy and Satisfaction. I’m relieved!

    i also bought Tom Ford White Suede eyeshadow palette while I was there! I’m very excited!
    I prefer the new Boy too. It shows up on me and that's a good thing. lol Haven't really played with my White Suede yet but it looks so pretty in the pan! Hope we both love it on.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  29. Likes Alysse011 liked this post
  30. #49
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes and it says on the website LE
    (talking about casual)

  31. Thanks Winthrop44 thanked for this post
  32. #50

  33. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  34. #51
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  35. #52
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where the heck is my post description! UGH...I cannot repeat it. What is WRONG with this site????????
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  36. #53
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 82 LIVE. A slight red mauve plum berry. Very pretty & flattering shade on. It has some subtle shimmer & is medium in sheerness. Jour was more peach/slight pale pink neutral than I thought it would be, but still pretty, I wasn't sure it would show up on my lips. I also loved shades 72 & 97.

    No testers for swatches. Ugh! The caps have this very pretty almost prism clear cap.
    Last edited by elegant-one; February 25th, 2019 at 07:12 AM.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  37. Likes Alysse011 liked this post
  38. #54
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Ugh! NO testers yet but had the lipsticks. I bought 82 Live. It's a very pretty slight red, mauve, plum pale berry. It has some pretty subtle shimmer & is medium in sheerness. I love how it looks on my lips & it's a very flattering shade. Jour, while I still liked the shade, i wasn't sure if it would show up on my lips. It was more on the peach rose neutral shade. It is pretty. The other 2 shades I really liked were 72 & 97. I needed to swatch them all.

    I also swatched the new Armani concealer. It was AMAZING! Shade 2 was perfection. I'm going to order it online from the highest ebates bidder LOL.
    I quoted myself to see if my original post would show up...
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  39. Thanks Winthrop44 thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  40. #55
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @elegant-one thanks for your thoughts. Was that 92 Amour or 97 Ferveur you also liked? I have 92 and really like it but 97 also looks pretty online. I saw someone wearing 72 Rush on IG the other day and it looked very nice too. Will see if I can find the picture again. Interesting about Jour. What a bummer they didn’t have testers.

    Here is 72 on:

    Margo Holder on Instagram: “@elliebamber_ for @Chanel .beauty @bazaaruk #makeupbymoi using #ss2019collection #CHANELMAKEUP #rougecocoflash in 72 Rush #chaneleyeshadow…”
    Last edited by Winthrop44; February 25th, 2019 at 06:32 AM.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  41. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  42. #56
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    @elegant-one thanks for your thoughts. Was that 92 Amour or 97 Ferveur you also liked? I have 92 and really like it but 97 also looks pretty online. I saw someone wearing 72 Rush on IG the other day and it looked very nice too. Will see if I can find the picture again. Interesting about Jour. What a bummer they didn’t have testers.

    Here is 72 on:

    Margo Holder on Instagram: “@elliebamber_ for @Chanel .beauty @bazaaruk #makeupbymoi using #ss2019collection #CHANELMAKEUP #rougecocoflash in 72 Rush #chaneleyeshadow…”
    97 Ferveur. Ugh, I corrected my post above. 97 & 72 looked quite pretty. I was so bummed about the tester issue. I was planing on swatching as many as I could. There was also a deeper kind of red burgundy shade too that looked really nice. We were in a super big hurry too which didn't help. Girl needs more time to shop

    72 Rush is beautiful on her! Thanks! Actually, I thought of you when I saw that shade I'll take some pics of mine (82) today.
    Last edited by elegant-one; February 25th, 2019 at 07:14 AM.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  43. Thanks Winthrop44 thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  44. #57
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chanel 82 Live

    Rouge Coco Flash-img_0520-jpg
    Rouge Coco Flash-img_0522-jpg
    Rouge Coco Flash-img_0524-jpg
    Rouge Coco Flash-img_0525-jpg
    Rouge Coco Flash-img_0529-jpg
    Rouge Coco Flash-img_0532-jpg
    Rouge Coco Flash-img_0534-jpg
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  45. Thanks Alysse011, Winthrop44 thanked for this post
    Likes Alysse011, Winthrop44 liked this post
  46. #58
    Senior Member Alysse011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @elegant-one that is beautiful!

  47. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  48. #59
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @elegant-one thanks for the pics. Very pretty! Kind of a MAC VGV-ish vibe?
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  49. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  50. #60
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    @elegant-one thanks for the pics. Very pretty! Kind of a MAC VGV-ish vibe?
    Yes, that would be a close comparison. It's funny, as it warms up on my lips after applying, it looks so lovely. You're welcome my friend!
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  51. Thanks Winthrop44 thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  • Display all images
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •