Pat McGrath Beauty

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  315
Likes Likes:  609
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat McGrath Beauty

  1. #361
    Senior Member Prettypackages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning towards the brown one also. She's bogus for the setup of this one though.
    Starting to hunt for Blazing Haute. This will be the first blush I've ever hit pan on.

  2. #362
    Senior Member Prettypackages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone buy this set?
    Starting to hunt for Blazing Haute. This will be the first blush I've ever hit pan on.

  3. #363
    Senior Member Kaidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    1,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^I'm skipping this time. I really like the ultraviolet blue version of the set, but I find it overpriced and I'm really over the cheap and sequin packaging. She needed to do a version that included both the ultrasuede brown and ultraviolet blue pigments instead of making them exclusive to a set.


    After having a month of problematic customer service issues with Pat's site, my SkinFetish 003 in Nude finally arrived a week ago. It feels bittersweet because while I love the pigment, I'm not a fan of the cheap brush that came with the set and I'm 50/50 with the balm-highlighter stick. I like the highlighter side, but I don't have much use for the balm side. It's like buying a Wet n Wild product at an exorbitant price on eBay. This might not stop me from buying PMG's products in the future, but I'm certainly not ordering from her site again and just stick with the Sephora release dates. It also downgraded the hype that I had for future products as well.
    ~Team pink x Team coral x Team blue x Team orange~

  4. Thanks fur4elise thanked for this post
  5. #364
    Senior Member Icecaramellatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post
    anyone buy this set?
    I caved and it arrived today from Sephora. The bag was open and everything spilled all over the place. They were spilling out the sides of the box before I even opened it. An absolute mess and made for an awful presentation. CS said they would send another. I don't know how that happened as the packaging is usually hard to open and scissors are needed. I'm not bothered by the sequins. I think they are so pretty and look artistic. I like that the packaging can be reused or repurposed. I finally thought of a use for them though. I only got the brown but I was surprised that they didn't offer the brown and the blue together.

    I wasn't going to get this because I was still waiting for a relaunch of Lust 5 and wanted to make certain funds were available if it ever happened. But then I thought I would be sorry if it sold out so . . . here I am.
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://www.instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/
    https://www.ebates.com/r/PINEA8?eeid=28187

  6. Likes GreenEyedAllie, fur4elise liked this post
  7. #365
    Senior Member GreenEyedAllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte View Post
    I caved and it arrived today from Sephora. The bag was open and everything spilled all over the place. They were spilling out the sides of the box before I even opened it. An absolute mess and made for an awful presentation. CS said they would send another. I don't know how that happened as the packaging is usually hard to open and scissors are needed. I'm not bothered by the sequins. I think they are so pretty and look artistic. I like that the packaging can be reused or repurposed. I finally thought of a use for them though. I only got the brown but I was surprised that they didn't offer the brown and the blue together.

    I wasn't going to get this because I was still waiting for a relaunch of Lust 5 and wanted to make certain funds were available if it ever happened. But then I thought I would be sorry if it sold out so . . . here I am.
    I let my toddler play with the sequins every so often, and she LOVES it, lol. It's a big sparkly mess for weeks (months) after, but so worth it for her joy. My husband jokes that whoever we sell the house to years later will still be finding random sequins in their kitchen.

  8. Likes boschicka, fur4elise, Icecaramellatte liked this post
  9. #366
    Senior Member Prettypackages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my sequins from previous packages all spilled, I combined them for a while and just eventually threw them away. I got the brown. I haven't had timeto play with them yet. the blue sequins are pretty!
    Starting to hunt for Blazing Haute. This will be the first blush I've ever hit pan on.

  10. Likes Icecaramellatte liked this post
  11. #367
    Member clidre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post
    my sequins from previous packages all spilled, I combined them for a while and just eventually threw them away. I got the brown. I haven't had timeto play with them yet. the blue sequins are pretty!
    I'm leaning towards the brown too. I find difficult to see swatches of the brown online. The ones I managed to see are filtered so not really trustable. I wonder if it's dupable.... I have so many bronze and brown eyeshadows that I think I would be disappointed... but I don't like the blue too much. Too '80 looking...

  12. #368
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #TeamLowBuy

  13. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
  14. #369
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat McGrath Beauty-screenshot_20170612-092023-png
    #TeamLowBuy

  15. Thanks LV2EVOLVE, Icecaramellatte thanked for this post
    Likes LV2EVOLVE liked this post
  16. #370
    Senior Member Icecaramellatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new collection is up on her site as coming soon. Pics shown. MatteTrance LUST: MatteTrance™ – PAT McGRATH LABS
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://www.instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/
    https://www.ebates.com/r/PINEA8?eeid=28187

  17. Thanks boschicka, LV2EVOLVE thanked for this post
    Likes LV2EVOLVE, awickedshape liked this post
  18. #371
    Senior Member LV2EVOLVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte View Post
    The new collection is up on her site as coming soon. Pics shown. MatteTrance LUST: MatteTrance™ – PAT McGRATH LABS
    Yes! Some kind of packaging. Hopefully, the lipsticks won't dry out.

  19. #372
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were the previous lipsticks matte? I own one, but it's so far away in the other room.

  20. #373
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    Were the previous lipsticks matte? I own one, but it's so far away in the other room.


    This one time my lipstick box was 6ft away but I was lying down and Googled a swatch instead
    Last edited by awickedshape; June 12th, 2017 at 06:47 PM.
    #TeamLowBuy

  21. Thanks LV2EVOLVE thanked for this post
  22. #374
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't love this more!

    Quote Originally Posted by awickedshape View Post


    This one time my lipstick box was 6ft away but I was lying down and Googled a swatch instead

  23. Thanks awickedshape thanked for this post
    Likes awickedshape, GreenEyedAllie liked this post
  24. #375
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    I couldn't love this more!
    #TeamLowBuy

  25. Likes boschicka liked this post
  26. #376
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by awickedshape; June 13th, 2017 at 11:26 AM.
    #TeamLowBuy

  27. #377
    Senior Member patentg33k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allure Mag's snapchat had some colors demo'd
    My blog is Cafe Makeup
    Twitter is @cafmakeup
    Instagram is Cafe Makeup

  28. Likes awickedshape liked this post
  29. #378
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by awickedshape; June 23rd, 2017 at 09:45 PM.
    #TeamLowBuy

  30. Thanks boschicka, GreenEyedAllie, katred thanked for this post
    Likes katred liked this post
  31. #379
    Senior Member fur4elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Little Big City (Grand Rapids), Michigan
    Posts
    2,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MatteTrance Early Access ~ Code: LIPLUST
    $38 per / Trios $95 / Everything Kit $275

    Pat McGrath Beauty-fall-2017_pat-mcgrath-matte-trance_001_promo-jpg
    (temptalia)
    Pat McGrath Beauty-5_everything_light_grande-jpg

    Pat McGrath Beauty-4_everything_medium_72f8dc60-450d-4af7-8f80-c1ed7fbbbf01_grande-jpg

    Pat McGrath Beauty-3_everything_dark_grande-jpg
    (patmcgrath)

    OMI (107) - Mid-tone rose
    1995 (108) - Warm light nude
    FLESH 3 (109)- Brown rose
    ELSON (003) - Blue red
    OBSESSED! (211) - Bright orange red
    FULL PANIC (005) - Bright fuchsia
    ANTIDOTE (207) - Magenta violet
    MCMENAMY (200) - Deep burgundy
    DEEP VOID (210) -Deep blackened purple
    Last edited by fur4elise; July 13th, 2017 at 09:09 AM.
    +*x
    positivity, patience & quiet persistence

  32. #380
    Senior Member Shars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fur4elise View Post
    MatteTrance Early Access ~ Code: LIPLUST
    $38 per / Trios $95 / Everything Kit $275

    Pat McGrath Beauty-fall-2017_pat-mcgrath-matte-trance_001_promo-jpg
    (temptalia)
    Pat McGrath Beauty-5_everything_light_grande-jpg

    Pat McGrath Beauty-4_everything_medium_72f8dc60-450d-4af7-8f80-c1ed7fbbbf01_grande-jpg

    Pat McGrath Beauty-3_everything_dark_grande-jpg
    (patmcgrath)

    OMI (107) - Mid-tone rose
    1995 (108) - Warm light nude
    FLESH 3 (109)- Brown rose
    ELSON (003) - Blue red
    OBSESSED! (211) - Bright orange red
    FULL PANIC (005) - Bright fuchsia
    ANTIDOTE (207) - Magenta violet
    MCMENAMY (200) - Deep burgundy
    DEEP VOID (210) -Deep blackened purple
    I'm feeling the nudes and the last two vampy colours. Are you gonna bite? I'm committed to being good among all these temptations.

  33. Thanks fur4elise thanked for this post
    Likes fur4elise, boschicka liked this post
  34. #381
    Senior Member fur4elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Little Big City (Grand Rapids), Michigan
    Posts
    2,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shars View Post
    I'm feeling the nudes and the last two vampy colours. Are you gonna bite? I'm committed to being good among all these temptations.
    I am not going to bite...I don't do well with true matte lipstick. Instead I added a couple shades of the new Hourglass and Bite Liquified lippies to my list and if I get an extra penny, I'll splurge on those.

    Like you, I am trying to be real good. I have been ignoring the Neiman g/c promotion. Just saw Macy's has a bunch of stuff on sale for their Black Friday. AND I was just reading a variety of posts on the Nordstrom early access sale. Sigh. Luckily I do not have a Nordstrom's card. BUT I did add the Diptique 5 mini candle set to my wish list and hope to purchase that on the 21st. I have been wanting to splurge on Diptique and this looks the best way to try. If I do not like a scent I can gift it. They also have 2 beautyblender duo sets with beautycleanser & bag. That is tempting as I have not ever had a beautyblender...seriously...LOL! Other than that I am keeping the purse strings drawn.
    +*x
    positivity, patience & quiet persistence

  35. Likes Shars, boschicka, katred liked this post
  36. #382
    Senior Member Shars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fur4elise View Post
    I am not going to bite...I don't do well with true matte lipstick. Instead I added a couple shades of the new Hourglass and Bite Liquified lippies to my list and if I get an extra penny, I'll splurge on those.

    Like you, I am trying to be real good. I have been ignoring the Neiman g/c promotion. Just saw Macy's has a bunch of stuff on sale for their Black Friday. AND I was just reading a variety of posts on the Nordstrom early access sale. Sigh. Luckily I do not have a Nordstrom's card. BUT I did add the Diptique 5 mini candle set to my wish list and hope to purchase that on the 21st. I have been wanting to splurge on Diptique and this looks the best way to try. If I do not like a scent I can gift it. They also have 2 beautyblender duo sets with beautycleanser & bag. That is tempting as I have not ever had a beautyblender...seriously...LOL! Other than that I am keeping the purse strings drawn.
    I have to go back to ignoring a lot of stuff. I was doing well for the first 3rd of the year but not so much lately lol. I've always wanted to try Diptique candles too. Hope you love them! Re the beauty blenders, I prefer the black ones. I find they're more durable and are easier to get clean. Good luck!

  37. Thanks fur4elise thanked for this post
    Likes fur4elise, boschicka, GreenEyedAllie liked this post
  38. #383
    Senior Member fur4elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Little Big City (Grand Rapids), Michigan
    Posts
    2,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shars View Post
    I have to go back to ignoring a lot of stuff. I was doing well for the first 3rd of the year but not so much lately lol. I've always wanted to try Diptique candles too. Hope you love them! Re the beauty blenders, I prefer the black ones. I find they're more durable and are easier to get clean. Good luck!
    Aaaah! Good to know on the beautyblenders!

    I was not so good for the first half of this year...but feel like I have fleshed out my "wardrobe" to where I have lots of fun stuff I am using and really do not have a need for anything more. So I think my spending will naturally taper off and be limited to super special stuff and replenishing essentials.
    +*x
    positivity, patience & quiet persistence

  39. Likes boschicka, Shars liked this post
  40. #384
    Senior Member LV2EVOLVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shars View Post
    I'm feeling the nudes and the last two vampy colours. Are you gonna bite? I'm committed to being good among all these temptations.
    It's mildly tempting to me because while the packaging is okay, I'm not interested in the shades. It's like been there done that. I do appreciate the bold shades and pigmentation.

  41. Likes Shars liked this post
  42. #385
    Senior Member Shars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fur4elise View Post
    Aaaah! Good to know on the beautyblenders!

    I was not so good for the first half of this year...but feel like I have fleshed out my "wardrobe" to where I have lots of fun stuff I am using and really do not have a need for anything more. So I think my spending will naturally taper off and be limited to super special stuff and replenishing essentials.
    I really need to do a purge and downsize on a lot of stuff (clothing, shoes, cosmetics, etc.). I don't even have space for most of the stuff I currently have.

  43. Thanks fur4elise thanked for this post
    Likes fur4elise liked this post
  44. #386
    Senior Member fur4elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Little Big City (Grand Rapids), Michigan
    Posts
    2,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shars View Post
    I really need to do a purge and downsize on a lot of stuff (clothing, shoes, cosmetics, etc.). I don't even have space for most of the stuff I currently have.
    That is exactly where I was at a couple years ago. Too much of everything and lots of good stuff buried and unused. Rather than add more storage to accommodate, I purged across every area you mentioned, no mercy! Then, I redid my storage situation to make it accessible, usable and not overwhelming. Also I put a new rule in place this past year or so: For every one thing in, at least one thing has to go...and more often I find I am removing multiple things for one addition. I bet once you get going you will feel soooo much better.
    +*x
    positivity, patience & quiet persistence

  45. Thanks Shars thanked for this post
    Likes GreenEyedAllie liked this post
  46. #387
    Senior Member Shars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fur4elise View Post
    That is exactly where I was at a couple years ago. Too much of everything and lots of good stuff buried and unused. Rather than add more storage to accommodate, I purged across every area you mentioned, no mercy! Then, I redid my storage situation to make it accessible, usable and not overwhelming. Also I put a new rule in place this past year or so: For every one thing in, at least one thing has to go...and more often I find I am removing multiple things for one addition. I bet once you get going you will feel soooo much better.
    That's my problem right now. So many gems but my storage situation is less than ideal so half the time I can't even remember what I own! It can get a bit overwhelming too. Right now though I'm going to focus on a massive cull until I can get my storage/display in order. I look forward to feeling less of a hoarder haha!

  47. Thanks fur4elise thanked for this post
    Likes fur4elise liked this post
  48. #388
    Senior Member fur4elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Little Big City (Grand Rapids), Michigan
    Posts
    2,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shars View Post
    That's my problem right now. So many gems but my storage situation is less than ideal so half the time I can't even remember what I own! It can get a bit overwhelming too. Right now though I'm going to focus on a massive cull until I can get my storage/display in order. I look forward to feeling less of a hoarder haha!

    Sssshhhh! I confesss I still have one hoarder issue...my 15 bins of shoes, boots, flats, heels, trainers, etc...I'm working on it. It's hard to let things go, because I do not beat up my footwear. Except for maybe my trainers and sport shoes (keds, converse, etc.). I wear those into the ground, but still have a hard time letting them go.

    I have done great this year, just purchasing a few pairs of driving moccs for work and earlier this week, I ordered a couple pairs of dressier keds on clearance. So, I have to let go of at least 4 pairs of dead flats and kicks, before that packet arrives. LOL! I'm wearing a pair now that will go...just had to get one more wear in...
    +*x
    positivity, patience & quiet persistence

  49. #389
    Senior Member Shars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fur4elise View Post
    Sssshhhh! I confesss I still have one hoarder issue...my 15 bins of shoes, boots, flats, heels, trainers, etc...I'm working on it. It's hard to let things go, because I do not beat up my footwear. Except for maybe my trainers and sport shoes (keds, converse, etc.). I wear those into the ground, but still have a hard time letting them go.

    I have done great this year, just purchasing a few pairs of driving moccs for work and earlier this week, I ordered a couple pairs of dressier keds on clearance. So, I have to let go of at least 4 pairs of dead flats and kicks, before that packet arrives. LOL! I'm wearing a pair now that will go...just had to get one more wear in...
    I hear ya! I had a phase where I was a shoe fanatic as well but I live in the tropics and if you don't wear them everyday they fall apart or start to peel etc. So when I do buy I make sure they're well made and are unique to my "stash". I hardly go anywhere these days except for work so like you, I focus on comfy flats. When one pair is run down then I replace. Enjoy your new additions lol!

  50. #390
    Senior Member Icecaramellatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm considering the nudes but will wait for Sephora if I get it.
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://www.instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/
    https://www.ebates.com/r/PINEA8?eeid=28187

  • Display all images
  • Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •