Juvia's Place

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Juvia's Place

  1. #1
    Senior Member mollyv6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Juvia's Place

    Not sure if there's already a thread going but I couldn't find one.

    I just started buying from Juvia's and already own most of their eyeshadow palettes including Magic, Saharan, Nubian, and Masquerade. I also have the Saharan Blush 2 palette. I absolutely love their shimmers and most of the mattes. Some mattes are drier than others but can be built up.

    Here are swatches of the Magic palette:
    Juvia's Place-img_0533-jpgJuvia's Place-img_0534-jpg

    I am also planning on buying Zulu when it's restocked on 7/18.

    Anyone else liking this brand?

  2. Thanks DILLIGAF thanked for this post
    Likes VAL4M liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member VAL4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mollyv6 View Post
    Not sure if there's already a thread going but I couldn't find one.

    I just started buying from Juvia's and already own most of their eyeshadow palettes including Magic, Saharan, Nubian, and Masquerade. I also have the Saharan Blush 2 palette. I absolutely love their shimmers and most of the mattes. Some mattes are drier than others but can be built up.

    Here are swatches of the Magic palette:
    Juvia's Place-img_0533-jpgJuvia's Place-img_0534-jpg

    I am also planning on buying Zulu when it's restocked on 7/18.

    Anyone else liking this brand?
    I love them!!! I have Nubian 2 and the Saharan. I almost got the Mascarade but like Magic to much blues that is a ''waste'' for me because I rarely used them. But I might take the plunge for the Nubian 1 just because HAHAHA.
    I think the are the same quality of Natasha Denona but a fraction of the price!

  4. Likes mollyv6 liked this post
  5. #3
    Senior Member mollyv6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAL4M View Post
    I love them!!! I have Nubian 2 and the Saharan. I almost got the Mascarade but like Magic to much blues that is a ''waste'' for me because I rarely used them. But I might take the plunge for the Nubian 1 just because HAHAHA.
    I think the are the same quality of Natasha Denona but a fraction of the price!
    I don't have anything from ND so I can't speak to that but IMO Juvias has better quality than a lot of other brands. I think their mattes need a bit more work as they are not consistent yet but some of them are so good. I know people are skeptical of Instagram brands but this one seems to be the real deal. I've also had really great experiences with their shipping although I've read that others have had really horrible experiences.

    I'm looking forward to their upcoming all matte palette. Let's hope it's not a bunch of neutrals, although I don't see them doing that.

  6. Likes ARmakeupjunkie liked this post
  7. #4
    Senior Member VAL4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mollyv6 View Post
    I don't have anything from ND so I can't speak to that but IMO Juvias has better quality than a lot of other brands. I think their mattes need a bit more work as they are not consistent yet but some of them are so good. I know people are skeptical of Instagram brands but this one seems to be the real deal. I've also had really great experiences with their shipping although I've read that others have had really horrible experiences.

    I'm looking forward to their upcoming all matte palette. Let's hope it's not a bunch of neutrals, although I don't see them doing that.
    Me too I didn't had any problem with their shipping, it was a little slow but that was expected as it was shipped to Canada. My friend order all 4 palettes and also had a good service, glitch will happened it is part of the growing pain.

  8. #5
    Senior Member DILLIGAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Girl...living in the A
    Posts
    6,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 4 Juvia's Place palettes. The Nubian 1, Nubian 2, Masquerade and Saharan palettes. I got them all from Hautelook. I would love to get my hands on the Magic palette. As I've not ordered from their website directly I can't comment on shipping. However I did get my palettes delivered 4 days after I placed the order with Hautelook. So you wont hear any complaints from me.
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    THIS IS SPECKTRA!!!!!!!

  9. Likes mollyv6 liked this post
  10. #6
    Senior Member mollyv6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    I have 4 Juvia's Place palettes. The Nubian 1, Nubian 2, Masquerade and Saharan palettes. I got them all from Hautelook. I would love to get my hands on the Magic palette. As I've not ordered from their website directly I can't comment on shipping. However I did get my palettes delivered 4 days after I placed the order with Hautelook. So you wont hear any complaints from me.
    I wish I knew about the Hautelook deal but I missed out. I've just ordered Zulu, Nubian 2 and the pink brush set. I'm not expecting much for a $25 brush set but I figured I'd give them a try.

    I'm also looking forward to the new palette Juvia's teased on Instagram the other day. They asked for followers to vote for purple or yellow. I like both! Wonder if this will be the all matte palette or something else?

    Juvia's Place-img_0542-pngJuvia's Place-img_0543-png

  11. #7
    Senior Member rockin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    4,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the prices, I can't help but think that nearly all the Juvia's Place palettes available here in the UK are fakes - the ebay and Amazon prices are very low compared to prices I have seen for the palettes at US onlne shops.
    “The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops when the music stops” - Robert Helpmann


  12. #8
    Senior Member VAL4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mollyv6 View Post
    I wish I knew about the Hautelook deal but I missed out. I've just ordered Zulu, Nubian 2 and the pink brush set. I'm not expecting much for a $25 brush set but I figured I'd give them a try.

    I'm also looking forward to the new palette Juvia's teased on Instagram the other day. They asked for followers to vote for purple or yellow. I like both! Wonder if this will be the all matte palette or something else?

    Juvia's Place-img_0542-pngJuvia's Place-img_0543-png
    I wouldn't mind them being all matte but I still like their shimmers. Let us know if you like to brushes i'm curious.

  13. #9
    Senior Member Icecaramellatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I first tried the brand from Hautelook. I think they shipped about 2 weeks later even though Hautelook said 3-4 days. When I order direct from the website, I get it in about 2 days by U.S. Mail. They ship from New Jersey.
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://www.instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/
    https://www.ebates.com/r/PINEA8?eeid=28187

  14. Thanks DILLIGAF thanked for this post
  15. #10
    Senior Member DILLIGAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Girl...living in the A
    Posts
    6,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their mattes are good but their standout products by far are their shimmers. Foiled looking shadows without the additional work of having to foil them yourself.
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    THIS IS SPECKTRA!!!!!!!

  16. Likes Haven liked this post
  17. #11
    Senior Member DILLIGAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Girl...living in the A
    Posts
    6,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mollyv6 View Post
    I wish I knew about the Hautelook deal but I missed out. I've just ordered Zulu, Nubian 2 and the pink brush set. I'm not expecting much for a $25 brush set but I figured I'd give them a try.

    I'm also looking forward to the new palette Juvia's teased on Instagram the other day. They asked for followers to vote for purple or yellow. I like both! Wonder if this will be the all matte palette or something else?

    Juvia's Place-img_0542-pngJuvia's Place-img_0543-png
    I'm going with purple because they already have a yellow palette. The Nubian 2 is already a yellow color. Makes it easier to find what I'm looking for in my palette drawers.
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    THIS IS SPECKTRA!!!!!!!

  18. Likes VAL4M, mollyv6, Haven liked this post
  19. #12
    Senior Member mollyv6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Zulu palette
    Juvia's Place-img_0546-jpgJuvia's Place-img_0547-jpg

  20. Likes VAL4M, DILLIGAF liked this post
  21. #13
    Senior Member Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have several eyeshadow palettes and the vol II blush palette. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

    I also have not had any shipping or CS issues with this company.
    Last edited by Haven; July 22nd, 2017 at 07:01 AM.

  22. Likes mollyv6, VAL4M liked this post
  23. #14
    Senior Member sagehen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a chance and ordered from Juvia's. It took a solid 7 business days for my order to ship, but they were upfront about it. Unfortunately, they did not pack two of the blush palettes I ordered and when I e-mailed them about it, they asked for pics of the box it was shipped in (the pack list is on it somewhere?) and the items I received, and I hope they resolve this quickly. I had to e-mail them several times to finally get a response. I hope I can still find the box since it has taken so long. What I have received is beautiful. I can't wait to play but I want my blush palettes!

  24. Thanks mollyv6 thanked for this post
  25. #15
    Senior Member mollyv6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saharan 2 - the deep red is

    Juvia's Place-6e978b50-8611-41ca-b3cd-f3563b975f5a-jpegJuvia's Place-a19d441c-deed-4f37-b4a0-9ff80dcc6e56-jpegJuvia's Place-6bf23e0d-eb5c-497b-b1bf-95aab70b1791-jpeg

  26. Likes fur4elise, leonah, DILLIGAF liked this post
  27. #16
    Senior Member sagehen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mollyv6 View Post
    Saharan 2 - the deep red is

    Juvia's Place-6e978b50-8611-41ca-b3cd-f3563b975f5a-jpegJuvia's Place-a19d441c-deed-4f37-b4a0-9ff80dcc6e56-jpegJuvia's Place-6bf23e0d-eb5c-497b-b1bf-95aab70b1791-jpeg
    Lemming born - dare I take the chance and order from them again? I still need the Zulu Palette too (yes, they are like Pokemon - I want to collect them all)

  28. Likes mollyv6 liked this post
  29. #17
    Senior Member mollyv6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sagehen View Post
    Lemming born - dare I take the chance and order from them again? I still need the Zulu Palette too (yes, they are like Pokemon - I want to collect them all)
    Yes, they are! I have all the palettes and need to use them more.

  • Display all images
  • Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •