Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  102
Likes Likes:  117
Page 11 of 632 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

  1. #301
    Senior Member honey on boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Posts
    1,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimibos View Post
    so are you girls doing your nails for thanksgiving?? what polish are you gonna wear??
    I was just about to change mine but I can't decide what color to put on =/ I'm currently wearing Casino Royale from the Skyfall collection.

  2. #302
    Senior Member Liz2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimibos View Post
    so are you girls doing your nails for thanksgiving?? what polish are you gonna wear??
    No thanksgiving here but i just did my nails as well Was gonna wear Winter Holly from China Glaze but ended up with Where's My Chauffeur from Essie instead. I really like it!
    NC15, Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes
    Addicted To Bright Lippies, Mineralize Products & Nail Polish

  3. #303
    Senior Member BuickMackane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    aboard the fotnmc
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post
    No thanksgiving here but i just did my nails as well Was gonna wear Winter Holly from China Glaze but ended up with Where's My Chauffeur from Essie instead. I really like it!
    That is such a gorgeous shade! I'll probably need to pick it up at some point.

    My ChG haul still hasn't arrived. Booo!

  4. #304
    Senior Member Liz2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post
    That is such a gorgeous shade! I'll probably need to pick it up at some point.

    My ChG haul still hasn't arrived. Booo!
    You sure do! (My turn to enable now ). And if you haven't checked out "Butler Please" (same collection), please do. It's super gorgeous as well I don't have it yet but i will go back for that one most likely tomorrow. And i hope you'll receive your China Glaze polishes really soon, how long does it usually take?


    Ps.: I think they're both awesome for layering "The Man With The Golden Gun" over it, so bonus
    NC15, Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes
    Addicted To Bright Lippies, Mineralize Products & Nail Polish

  5. #305
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post
    That's a very nice list CartoonChic! Let us know which one you ended up choosing
    I didn't get anything. Apparently, I got lucky when the SA applied my coupon. Butter London is considered a "prestige brand" at Ulta, and normal coupons like the one I had are technically excluded. I'm just going to wait for the Nordstrom Black Friday deal. I do plan to pick up more BL at Ulta when they have a sale or when I get the special coupons that can be applied.
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  6. #306
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimibos View Post
    so are you girls doing your nails for thanksgiving?? what polish are you gonna wear??
    I'm planning to do mine today before I leave out to make the Thanksgiving rounds. I picked up a bottle of the OPI drying drops last night. I'm going to try out all of the new polishing tips to see how fast I can finish.
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  7. #307
    Senior Member Liz2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post
    I didn't get anything. Apparently, I got lucky when the SA applied my coupon. Butter London is considered a "prestige brand" at Ulta, and normal coupons like the one I had are technically excluded. I'm just going to wait for the Nordstrom Black Friday deal. I do plan to pick up more BL at Ulta when they have a sale or when I get the special coupons that can be applied.
    Oh i see, you're indeed better off waiting then Have fun shopping on Black Friday btw I sooo wish Belgium had special shopping days like this one as well
    NC15, Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes
    Addicted To Bright Lippies, Mineralize Products & Nail Polish

  8. #308
    Senior Member Naughtyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    3,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my nails last night with live and let die from the opi skyfall collection... I love both Essie's butler please and where's my chaufer? wearing then next week at Disneyland I think... going to order Grey Friday tonight and pick up for fun at the TT preview

  9. #309
    Senior Member kimibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyp View Post
    going to order Grey Friday tonight and pick up for fun at the TT preview
    nice, have fun at disneyland!

  10. #310
    Senior Member kimibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did my nails with CG Free Love. beautiful orange!

  11. #311
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my nails before leaving out. All of your tips worked! Thank you so much!
    I used Chanel Delight and finished in less than hour. For me, that's a miracle compared to the several hours it usually takes me to polish my nails. It probably would've taken less time if I didn't have to redo a nail after nicking it somehow. I'm so excited about this. Polishing my nails is one of the luxurious I enjoy doing for myself. It's great that it no longer has to be a long, arduous process.

    honeyonboost, I just love the OPI dry drops. Thanks for mentioning them. They're a life saver! I feel like I can quickly get back to real life instead of having to sit frozen like a statue waiting for my nails to dry.
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  12. #312
    Senior Member tats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received loads of nail polishes today)) now I have a lot to try)) I'm starting with Kiko 243..)) btw Dominique thanks for introducing this brand.. their eyeshadows are amazing.. I hope nail polishes will be good in wear too.. the application was a bit messy to be honest but with 2 layers I got an opaque colour)) I hope it will last too..))

  13. #313
    Senior Member Corally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally received my China Glaze order today! They're sooo pretty. :love:

  14. #314
    Senior Member BuickMackane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    aboard the fotnmc
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corally View Post
    Om nom nom!

  15. #315
    Senior Member Liz2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corally View Post
    Looks like you're set for the holidays Such beautiful shades .. I'm glad i ordered 4 of them and am trying to resist buying more of them Enjoy your polishes!
    NC15, Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes
    Addicted To Bright Lippies, Mineralize Products & Nail Polish

  16. #316
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered Trustafarian, Bossy Boots and Two Fingered Salute through Nordstrom's sale. I noticed after the fact that they're all light green colors. I now have 4 Butter London polishes counting Victoriana. I haven't decided if I'm ordering another batch during the sale. My funds are being tempted by other Black Friday deals.
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  17. #317
    Senior Member Dominique33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tats View Post
    I received loads of nail polishes today)) now I have a lot to try)) I'm starting with Kiko 243..)) btw Dominique thanks for introducing this brand.. their eyeshadows are amazing.. I hope nail polishes will be good in wear too.. the application was a bit messy to be honest but with 2 layers I got an opaque colour)) I hope it will last too..))
    Your're welcome. I don't know if Kiko polishes are really long wearing, with a good top coat it's normally ok but their eyeshadows are fantastic, as I said high end quality. Their quads but also the Aqua formula which is very good. Here a new Kiko shop opens in 5 days ( I'll be the first to go to Kiko's I think lol it's going be a pretty haul !!! )
    TEAMENABLEEVERYBODYINTOBUYINGEVERYTHING

  18. #318
    Senior Member Medgal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    31,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimibos View Post
    i did my nails with CG Free Love. beautiful orange!
    I'm still into the 'FALL' product challenge so I wore MAC's Styleseeker since it's very orange & festive.

  19. #319
    Senior Member Medgal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    31,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post
    I ordered Trustafarian, Bossy Boots and Two Fingered Salute through Nordstrom's sale. I noticed after the fact that they're all light green colors. I now have 4 Butter London polishes counting Victoriana. I haven't decided if I'm ordering another batch during the sale. My funds are being tempted by other Black Friday deals.
    I already have Trustafarian & I've never even worn it. I did take advantage of the Nordstrom sale...I ordered Bossy Boots, Gobsmacked & Lillibet's Jubilee. I now must order yet another N/P wall rack to handle the over flow that I have sitting in a decorative box. It's a shame that if they're not out where I can see them, I tend not to use them.


  20. #320
    Senior Member honey on boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Posts
    1,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post
    I did my nails before leaving out. All of your tips worked! Thank you so much!
    I used Chanel Delight and finished in less than hour. For me, that's a miracle compared to the several hours it usually takes me to polish my nails. It probably would've taken less time if I didn't have to redo a nail after nicking it somehow. I'm so excited about this. Polishing my nails is one of the luxurious I enjoy doing for myself. It's great that it no longer has to be a long, arduous process.

    honeyonboost, I just love the OPI dry drops. Thanks for mentioning them. They're a life saver! I feel like I can quickly get back to real life instead of having to sit frozen like a statue waiting for my nails to dry.
    You're welcome! I can't live without them.

  21. #321
    Senior Member Medgal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    31,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honey on boost View Post
    You're welcome! I can't live without them.
    I'll have to try the OPI drying drops! I've been using Sally Hansen but if I can have dry nails in less than 15 minutes then I'll try anything. I'm a base coat, 2 nail polish 1 drying top coat kinda girl, so I need a product that will really get it done. I trust your recommendation. I'm on it ladies!


  22. #322
    Senior Member BuickMackane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    aboard the fotnmc
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post
    I'll have to try the OPI drying drops! I've been using Sally Hansen but if I can have dry nails in less than 15 minutes then I'll try anything. I'm a base coat, 2 nail polish 1 drying top coat kinda girl, so I need a product that will really get it done. I trust your recommendation. I'm on it ladies!
    I know those drying drop thingies have a lot of fans, but they didn't work for me. The polish didn't dry for aeons and it lost its shine. I love the idea, but I'm sticking to my fast dry top coat.

    I'm probably in the minority here though. I'm sure you'll be just fine

  23. #323
    Senior Member Medgal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    31,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post
    I know those drying drop thingies have a lot of fans, but they didn't work for me. The polish didn't dry for aeons and it lost its shine. I love the idea, but I'm sticking to my fast dry top coat.

    I'm probably in the minority here though. I'm sure you'll be just fine
    Which one do you use? I really like the Sally Hansen one. It works for me but I thought if there's something better, I'd like to try it. I just ordered the OPI one so I guess we'll see soon enough.


  24. #324
    Senior Member kimibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post
    I know those drying drop thingies have a lot of fans, but they didn't work for me. The polish didn't dry for aeons and it lost its shine. I love the idea, but I'm sticking to my fast dry top coat.

    I'm probably in the minority here though. I'm sure you'll be just fine
    i want to try some drops too but now i dont know. i luv seche, (which by the way i cant find right now). buick do you use seche?? or another brand?

  25. #325
    Senior Member kimibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i got from nordstrom:
    dosh -- buick's recommendation
    wallis --- omg i cant wait.
    all hail the queen-- im xrazy excited for this one. its like a sophisticated nude shade.
    trustafarian- holo
    come to bed red-- they say its their hottest red
    two fingered salute- interesting shade.

    deborah lippmann:
    mermaids dream -- i hope i luv it as much as liz
    naked -- i liked the goggle swacthes,
    its raining men-- i love a classic red, and the song

    * i forgot about the cleopatra one, i was mad cause i couldnt find ray of light. im going to wait for beauty.com to have it and order it with ray of light. with a $10off coupon. my polish addiction is worst than the mac one, for sure.

  26. #326
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimibos View Post
    so i got from nordstrom:
    dosh -- buick's recommendation
    wallis --- omg i cant wait.
    all hail the queen-- im xrazy excited for this one. its like a sophisticated nude shade.
    trustafarian- holo
    come to bed red-- they say its their hottest red
    two fingered salute- interesting shade.

    deborah lippmann:
    mermaids dream -- i hope i luv it as much as liz
    naked -- i liked the goggle swacthes,
    its raining men-- i love a classic red, and the song

    * i forgot about the cleopatra one, i was mad cause i couldnt find ray of light. im going to wait for beauty.com to have it and order it with ray of light. with a $10off coupon. my polish addiction is worst than the mac one, for sure.
    That's a great haul. I was still debating another order with Nordstrom. I put the polishes in my cart, then took a nap to think about it. The colors I wanted sold out by the time I woke up. I'm not upset about it. I'll get them and more colors later during another promotion/sale. I'm sure there will be something else happening in December.
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  27. #327
    Senior Member Corally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corally View Post
    I finally received my China Glaze order today! They're sooo pretty. :love:
    Looks like you're set for the holidays :amused: *Such beautiful shades .. I'm glad i ordered 4 of them and am trying to resist buying more of them :sweat: *Enjoy your polishes!
    I sure am!

  28. #328
    Senior Member BuickMackane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    aboard the fotnmc
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimibos View Post
    so i got from nordstrom:
    dosh -- buick's recommendation
    wallis --- omg i cant wait.
    all hail the queen-- im xrazy excited for this one. its like a sophisticated nude shade.
    trustafarian- holo
    come to bed red-- they say its their hottest red
    two fingered salute- interesting shade.

    deborah lippmann:
    mermaids dream -- i hope i luv it as much as liz
    naked -- i liked the goggle swacthes,
    its raining men-- i love a classic red, and the song

    * i forgot about the cleopatra one, i was mad cause i couldnt find ray of light. im going to wait for beauty.com to have it and order it with ray of light. with a $10off coupon. my polish addiction is worst than the mac one, for sure.
    Great haul indeed! You'll love Mermaid's Dream! I know I do. Hehe.

    re: Cleopatra - it's been released very recently so I'm sure Beauty.com will have it soon. None of the EU online stores I buy Lippmanns from have it yet either. I was hoping to get it from Beautybay because they had 20% off everything yesterday, but no luck.

  29. #329
    Senior Member kimibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post
    Great haul indeed! You'll love Mermaid's Dream! I know I do. Hehe.

    re: Cleopatra - it's been released very recently so I'm sure Beauty.com will have it soon. None of the EU online stores I buy Lippmanns from have it yet either. I was hoping to get it from Beautybay because they had 20% off everything yesterday, but no luck.
    thanks i hope i do. cleo- beauty.com has it already, so i'll just try to wait for 1-2 weeks to get it. ( lets see how that goes) i hope the others get it soon so you can order it.

  30. #330
    Senior Member Dominique33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corally View Post
    A nice haul, they look pretty all the 9 !
    TEAMENABLEEVERYBODYINTOBUYINGEVERYTHING

  • Display all images
  • Page 11 of 632 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •