Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  47
Page 623 of 623 FirstFirst ... 123 523 573 613 621 622 623

Thread: Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

  1. #18661
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    EP Restock at Pshiiit now, they have the 2 exclusives!
    Thanks, but I'm all EP'd out now.

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    I got Evil Genius before - it's so pretty!
    I did get the code, but I didn't use it.
    Well done on a quick sale!
    Thanks. I was very happy with myself selling 2 dupes. I also sold 3 Pretty Serious polishes as they were all glitters and I didn't particularly like them, so that's one less brand now as well. Of course I have already spent the money on more polish, hahaha!

    Speaking of which, my Stackry stuff came today. I was expecting the package yesterday, but they didn't deliver for some reason, don't know why. So many gorgeous polishes in there.

    The EPs are quite nice, there's a lot of shimmer in January (not sure if they'll show up on the nails though) and February is certainly very pretty. Got my free Opalescent Rainbow too.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_131749c-jpg
    Let me know if you want close ups on anything. Can't be bothered to resize every photo, such a pain, but if you're interested in anything in detail, I don't mind.

  2. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka liked this post
  3. #18662
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few manis too. First is Dreamland Coral of the Story II with Revlon Zealous (2012 untried) and decals made with the Dreamland and a Hit the Bottle stamping polish.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170306_100047-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170306_100126-jpg

    The next one was one of my must wears, Cupcake Berry Good Looking. On the accents it's Emily de Molly Best Dressed Guest, stamped with BGL. Amazing polish, it's everything I'd hoped it would be.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170308_100802-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170308_104107-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170308_112111-jpg

    My current mani is Lilypad Lacquer Amphitrite. It was just a quick mani as I was really tired last night to even think about what to pair it with and didn't have any time this morning to add any stamping, etc. It's a nice enough colour though.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_093045-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_093059-jpg

    Really tired today, my eldest is on a school trip to Krakow/Auschwitz and they left at 4.40 this morning, so I was up in the middle of the night with him. Also had to run around half the morning with the dog and picking up my middle one early from school, because my ex took her to a concert and signing by one of her favourite bands in London. Need to sleep.

  4. #18663
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    Thanks, but I'm all EP'd out now.



    Thanks. I was very happy with myself selling 2 dupes. I also sold 3 Pretty Serious polishes as they were all glitters and I didn't particularly like them, so that's one less brand now as well. Of course I have already spent the money on more polish, hahaha!

    Speaking of which, my Stackry stuff came today. I was expecting the package yesterday, but they didn't deliver for some reason, don't know why. So many gorgeous polishes in there.

    The EPs are quite nice, there's a lot of shimmer in January (not sure if they'll show up on the nails though) and February is certainly very pretty. Got my free Opalescent Rainbow too.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_131749c-jpg
    Let me know if you want close ups on anything. Can't be bothered to resize every photo, such a pain, but if you're interested in anything in detail, I don't mind.

    Yay, go you, well done for a VERY mini destash!!!
    I'm glad to hear the EPs are nicer than expected and the freebie arrived too.
    That is a stunning haul - are you pleased with your CrowsToes? A couple of them really look amazing!
    Some real pretties in there, Illyrians look special too! Enjoy.

  5. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
  6. #18664
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    A few manis too. First is Dreamland Coral of the Story II with Revlon Zealous (2012 untried) and decals made with the Dreamland and a Hit the Bottle stamping polish.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170306_100047-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170306_100126-jpg

    The next one was one of my must wears, Cupcake Berry Good Looking. On the accents it's Emily de Molly Best Dressed Guest, stamped with BGL. Amazing polish, it's everything I'd hoped it would be.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170308_100802-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170308_104107-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170308_112111-jpg

    My current mani is Lilypad Lacquer Amphitrite. It was just a quick mani as I was really tired last night to even think about what to pair it with and didn't have any time this morning to add any stamping, etc. It's a nice enough colour though.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_093045-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_093059-jpg

    Really tired today, my eldest is on a school trip to Krakow/Auschwitz and they left at 4.40 this morning, so I was up in the middle of the night with him. Also had to run around half the morning with the dog and picking up my middle one early from school, because my ex took her to a concert and signing by one of her favourite bands in London. Need to sleep.
    Some gorgeous manis there - love Berry Good Looking!
    That's a ridiculous start time, hope it's worth it!

  7. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
  8. #18665
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two manis to share.
    Pahlish June:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-june-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-june-2-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-june-4-jpg

    Nails Inc Hampstead Heath topped with Hits Air Glow:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-hampstead-heath-air-glow-3-jpg
    I love this combo! It was my third attempt at topping it - I started with Silver Tulle, and thought it looked awful. Then I went to my OPI Gold Shatter, which had dried up completely (I think I must not have shut it properly, there was loads in it and I have much older ones that are OK). So yay, threw something away!!!!!
    I wasn't convinced Air Glow would look good at all, but I adore it! The green shift doesn't show at all, but the glitters do move from orange to gold, with sparks of pink and red, this topper really improved a fairly boring colour.

  9. #18666
    Senior Member Anneri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, totally love the pink mani with the flower @Anitacska ! Also, I think PQ should only wear red polishes - they really suit you!

    I came back from my Icelandic holiday to find my EPs. I'm rather underwhelmed tbh - I like the black holo wih the tiny flakies, but they disappear on the nail. Also, that has to be the worst formula of an EP yet - it's very thick and drags the already applied polish off the nail if you're not super careful.
    I'd like the LITSWD dupe much better if there wasn't that green shimmer in it - it's the same as in Liquid Love, I don't like it and it looks horrid on me (every light green does). So, I'm totally not sure if I should go for the next round - for all you experienced hands at the mysteries, does she seasonal colours so that we can kinda predict the colours of the next ones?

  10. Thanks PearlyQueen, Anitacska thanked for this post
  11. #18667
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    Yay, go you, well done for a VERY mini destash!!!
    I'm glad to hear the EPs are nicer than expected and the freebie arrived too.
    That is a stunning haul - are you pleased with your CrowsToes? A couple of them really look amazing!
    Some real pretties in there, Illyrians look special too! Enjoy.
    Thank you. Yes, I am very pleased with the CrowsToes, they're all gorgeous. 1 Murder Please... is a bit duller than the others, but it's still very nice. I'm glad I went for the original and linear holo versions, but I think if I could've only got one, I probably would've gone for sparked. Same shift as the original with a bit of holo sparkle. Here are a few pictures for you to drool over.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_131840-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_131852-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_135411-jpg

    The Illyrians are very nice too. Did you get my message about the swap? Let me know, so I can order some empty decant bottles.

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    Some gorgeous manis there - love Berry Good Looking!
    That's a ridiculous start time, hope it's worth it!
    Thank you!

    Yes, it was ridiculous, but this way they got to spend a bit more time there. He did enjoy it, and said Auschwitz was very interesting, but also horrible. They had a survivor who was 3 at the time of being taken to A tell them a lot of things and from what he told me, it was horrific. They ended the day in a fun pool to help them switch off which I thought was a great idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    I have two manis to share.
    Pahlish June:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-june-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-june-2-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-june-4-jpg

    Nails Inc Hampstead Heath topped with Hits Air Glow:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-hampstead-heath-air-glow-3-jpg
    I love this combo! It was my third attempt at topping it - I started with Silver Tulle, and thought it looked awful. Then I went to my OPI Gold Shatter, which had dried up completely (I think I must not have shut it properly, there was loads in it and I have much older ones that are OK). So yay, threw something away!!!!!
    I wasn't convinced Air Glow would look good at all, but I adore it! The green shift doesn't show at all, but the glitters do move from orange to gold, with sparks of pink and red, this topper really improved a fairly boring colour.
    Lovely manis. I have the Hits one as well, I think it's dupe for one of the EP City Lights polishes, Ola Rio maybe?

    One of my OPI shatters dried up too, must have been a bad formula, it was such a pretty bright blue as well. But yay for throwing it out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anneri View Post
    Uh, totally love the pink mani with the flower @Anitacska! Also, I think PQ should only wear red polishes - they really suit you!

    I came back from my Icelandic holiday to find my EPs. I'm rather underwhelmed tbh - I like the black holo wih the tiny flakies, but they disappear on the nail. Also, that has to be the worst formula of an EP yet - it's very thick and drags the already applied polish off the nail if you're not super careful.
    I'd like the LITSWD dupe much better if there wasn't that green shimmer in it - it's the same as in Liquid Love, I don't like it and it looks horrid on me (every light green does). So, I'm totally not sure if I should go for the next round - for all you experienced hands at the mysteries, does she seasonal colours so that we can kinda predict the colours of the next ones?
    Thank you! The decals didn't come out too well irl, but glad it didn't show in the pictures. The biggest problem was that I used a different topcoat to make the decals and they cracked while I was peeling them off the mat and applying them. Will need to try something else, but my bottle of OPI base coat is now all gone and I didn't have a clear polish to use. Might get one of the Essence or Barry M ones to try.

    Oh no, sorry to hear about EP January having a crappy formula. I haven't tried mine. I actually really like February, but it might not look good on me either. March has always been green, so I'd expect that again this year, maybe a Green Goblin or Gummy Worm dupe. April is often a pastel, then May, June, July, August are usually bright (pink, red, orange, blue, purple), but not always. October is usually grey or black. I will continue to buy this year because I know I will miss out on the best colours if I don't buy them all. Oh the joys of mysteries.

  12. #18668
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a couple of manis to share. First one is Lilypad Lacquer Pretty Pearl with Alchemy Lacquers Hyperion. I love both of these polishes so much, but especially the Alchemy! Those flakies and that shimmer!

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170312_102120-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170313_131809-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170313_131819-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170313_131826-jpg

    My current mani is CbL The Fallen. This is a typical PearlyQueen polish and I love it so much!

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170314_092011-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170314_115211-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170314_124356-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170314_124407-jpg

    So happy with how my nails are looking at the moment (at least on my left hand anyway!) and terrified that I might break them. I've been putting off cleaning my oven for weeks now because I know it will end in casualties.

  13. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka liked this post
  14. #18669
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anneri View Post
    Uh, totally love the pink mani with the flower @Anitacska ! Also, I think PQ should only wear red polishes - they really suit you!

    I came back from my Icelandic holiday to find my EPs. I'm rather underwhelmed tbh - I like the black holo wih the tiny flakies, but they disappear on the nail. Also, that has to be the worst formula of an EP yet - it's very thick and drags the already applied polish off the nail if you're not super careful.
    I'd like the LITSWD dupe much better if there wasn't that green shimmer in it - it's the same as in Liquid Love, I don't like it and it looks horrid on me (every light green does). So, I'm totally not sure if I should go for the next round - for all you experienced hands at the mysteries, does she seasonal colours so that we can kinda predict the colours of the next ones?
    Hi Anneri, thanks for that - you know I love a good red! I might get bored if it was all I wore mind!
    so sorry to hear you're underwhelmed with your EPs, I haven't got mine yet but I know what you mean. It's not like them to do a bad formula, but that just compounds things really.
    I'm not a big fan of the pale green shimmer either.
    I suspect March will be green, April will be pastel - no guarantees though, I'm tempted to skip both and rejoin in May, but don't quote me!

  15. #18670
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    Thank you. Yes, I am very pleased with the CrowsToes, they're all gorgeous. 1 Murder Please... is a bit duller than the others, but it's still very nice. I'm glad I went for the original and linear holo versions, but I think if I could've only got one, I probably would've gone for sparked. Same shift as the original with a bit of holo sparkle. Here are a few pictures for you to drool over.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_131840-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_131852-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170310_135411-jpg

    The Illyrians are very nice too. Did you get my message about the swap? Let me know, so I can order some empty decant bottles.



    Thank you!

    Yes, it was ridiculous, but this way they got to spend a bit more time there. He did enjoy it, and said Auschwitz was very interesting, but also horrible. They had a survivor who was 3 at the time of being taken to A tell them a lot of things and from what he told me, it was horrific. They ended the day in a fun pool to help them switch off which I thought was a great idea.



    Lovely manis. I have the Hits one as well, I think it's dupe for one of the EP City Lights polishes, Ola Rio maybe?

    One of my OPI shatters dried up too, must have been a bad formula, it was such a pretty bright blue as well. But yay for throwing it out!



    Thank you! The decals didn't come out too well irl, but glad it didn't show in the pictures. The biggest problem was that I used a different topcoat to make the decals and they cracked while I was peeling them off the mat and applying them. Will need to try something else, but my bottle of OPI base coat is now all gone and I didn't have a clear polish to use. Might get one of the Essence or Barry M ones to try.

    Oh no, sorry to hear about EP January having a crappy formula. I haven't tried mine. I actually really like February, but it might not look good on me either. March has always been green, so I'd expect that again this year, maybe a Green Goblin or Gummy Worm dupe. April is often a pastel, then May, June, July, August are usually bright (pink, red, orange, blue, purple), but not always. October is usually grey or black. I will continue to buy this year because I know I will miss out on the best colours if I don't buy them all. Oh the joys of mysteries.
    Oo, lovely, thanks for extra pics!
    Sorry, I totally missed you'd PM'd me, I'll look in a minute!
    Glad your son's trip went well, it does sound like a good idea to unwind the kids afterwards.
    This may be blasphemy, but I loved the Hits, I wore Ola Rio once and hated it... Probably very similar, and I'm sure it was the colour I wore underneath that made the difference!
    Interesting about your OPI, maybe I didn't leave it open! No loss, I'm not a fan of shatters, I still have a Nails Inc purple one, and no doubt will try it again, but I've hated them every time I've used them.

  16. #18671
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    I also have a couple of manis to share. First one is Lilypad Lacquer Pretty Pearl with Alchemy Lacquers Hyperion. I love both of these polishes so much, but especially the Alchemy! Those flakies and that shimmer!

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170312_102120-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170313_131809-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170313_131819-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170313_131826-jpg

    My current mani is CbL The Fallen. This is a typical PearlyQueen polish and I love it so much!

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170314_092011-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170314_115211-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170314_124356-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170314_124407-jpg

    So happy with how my nails are looking at the moment (at least on my left hand anyway!) and terrified that I might break them. I've been putting off cleaning my oven for weeks now because I know it will end in casualties.
    Pretty!!! Yes, I love both, and have worn and adored The Fallen, you're right it's sooo me! The Lilypad is really cute too, I think I have it unworn.
    Your nails do look great (my right hand has had two breakages waaaayyyy down, can't bring myself to chop all the others though).

  17. #18672
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And my new mani - Lacquester E(s)merald(a):
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-merald-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-merald-2-jpg

  18. #18673
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    Oo, lovely, thanks for extra pics!
    Sorry, I totally missed you'd PM'd me, I'll look in a minute!
    Glad your son's trip went well, it does sound like a good idea to unwind the kids afterwards.
    This may be blasphemy, but I loved the Hits, I wore Ola Rio once and hated it... Probably very similar, and I'm sure it was the colour I wore underneath that made the difference!
    Interesting about your OPI, maybe I didn't leave it open! No loss, I'm not a fan of shatters, I still have a Nails Inc purple one, and no doubt will try it again, but I've hated them every time I've used them.
    No problem. PM'd you back.

    Hahaha, I don't actually think EP is the best brand by far, one of the reasons why I hate it that I'm so sucked into buying everything. There are several brands that I love more and so many gorgeous polishes around, yet I still cough up $16 for mysteries and (almost) all the other polishes she comes out with.

    I have a really nice shatter polish, it's by 17/Seventeen and one of the very few polishes I've used more than once!

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    Pretty!!! Yes, I love both, and have worn and adored The Fallen, you're right it's sooo me! The Lilypad is really cute too, I think I have it unworn.
    Your nails do look great (my right hand has had two breakages waaaayyyy down, can't bring myself to chop all the others though).
    Thank you!

    On my right hand I have a low side break that I've been patching up for weeks, it's only just reaching the edge of the nail bed. I really hate those breaks, no idea why I keep getting them. They're either on my thumb or little finger. Odd.

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    And my new mani - Lacquester E(s)merald(a):
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-merald-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-merald-2-jpg
    This is pretty. Lacquester is another brand I'm trying hard not to get sucked into. I only have 2 of their polishes from boxes/duos, but I have seen so many gorgeous polishes, however I really can't keep buying from more and more brands.

    I just checked my credit card bill and with my car insurance and MOT both paid for this past month and a massive overspend on nail polish, I now really need to be good this coming month. I'll have a couple of big expenses this spring/summer, so need to be more careful.

  19. #18674
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few haul and mani pictures to share.

    First is RC order with the exclusive Femme Fatales. She'll have two more exclusives launching this week.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170315_134244-jpg

    I also got the Nailland exclusives. I organised a group buy, so the shipping was free, but the courier has got to be the slowest ever - 6 days from Hungary! They did include a free polish, Illyrian Blue Moon, which I already have. I feel a bit bad about keeping the polish to myself, but not sure what else to do as there were 6 of us in the group buy. Can't really split it up, can I?

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170320_125050-jpg

    I also won a free polish from Tonic, it's a prototype and it's so pretty! Really chuffed with it! Very shifty and sparkly, much nicer than my picture shows.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170316_140006-jpg

  20. Likes boschicka liked this post
  21. #18675
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    No problem. PM'd you back.

    Hahaha, I don't actually think EP is the best brand by far, one of the reasons why I hate it that I'm so sucked into buying everything. There are several brands that I love more and so many gorgeous polishes around, yet I still cough up $16 for mysteries and (almost) all the other polishes she comes out with.

    I have a really nice shatter polish, it's by 17/Seventeen and one of the very few polishes I've used more than once!



    Thank you!

    On my right hand I have a low side break that I've been patching up for weeks, it's only just reaching the edge of the nail bed. I really hate those breaks, no idea why I keep getting them. They're either on my thumb or little finger. Odd.



    This is pretty. Lacquester is another brand I'm trying hard not to get sucked into. I only have 2 of their polishes from boxes/duos, but I have seen so many gorgeous polishes, however I really can't keep buying from more and more brands.

    I just checked my credit card bill and with my car insurance and MOT both paid for this past month and a massive overspend on nail polish, I now really need to be good this coming month. I'll have a couple of big expenses this spring/summer, so need to be more careful.
    I only have two Lacquesters too, I added them to a recent C4N order, but I love this one!
    I stayed in budget this month for the first time ever!!! Depressingly, I've got loads of expenses coming up next month, so I need to keep resisting for a while longer. I won't manage nothing, but I really should!
    Gutted this morning though to find the Pahlish anniversary colours I wanted had already sold out - hoping I catch them next week!

  22. #18676
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    I have a few haul and mani pictures to share.

    First is RC order with the exclusive Femme Fatales. She'll have two more exclusives launching this week.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170315_134244-jpg

    I also got the Nailland exclusives. I organised a group buy, so the shipping was free, but the courier has got to be the slowest ever - 6 days from Hungary! They did include a free polish, Illyrian Blue Moon, which I already have. I feel a bit bad about keeping the polish to myself, but not sure what else to do as there were 6 of us in the group buy. Can't really split it up, can I?

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170320_125050-jpg

    I also won a free polish from Tonic, it's a prototype and it's so pretty! Really chuffed with it! Very shifty and sparkly, much nicer than my picture shows.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170316_140006-jpg
    Yay for free polishes, congratulations! I'm trying to resist following single FFs from shop to shop... Still haven't got those Beautometry ones I wanted!

  23. #18677
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My latest mani is stonkingly me!
    Tonic Polish Con or Bust!:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-2-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-3-jpg
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-4-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-5-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-6-jpg

    So vibrant, so shifty, with a true red shift and sparkles, I love it so much!
    I fear I'll be buying a few more Tonics before too long, this is the only one I've got so far!

  24. Likes boschicka, Anneri liked this post
  25. #18678
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    I only have two Lacquesters too, I added them to a recent C4N order, but I love this one!
    I stayed in budget this month for the first time ever!!! Depressingly, I've got loads of expenses coming up next month, so I need to keep resisting for a while longer. I won't manage nothing, but I really should!
    Gutted this morning though to find the Pahlish anniversary colours I wanted had already sold out - hoping I catch them next week!
    Wow, well done for staying in budget! I don't think I've ever done it. I don't really have a strict budget, but I definitely spent far too much last month. Been pretty good so far, but I've seen the new FFs, Glams and Illyrians coming out (or rather in the case of the Illyrians, coming to RC) and also there are some gorgeous EdMs I really want to get, so will see how restraint I manage to remain. I'm also guessing there will be some new EPs this month.

    Sorry you missed out on the Pahlishes. I don't really follow the brand that closely myself, but they do have some very pretty polishes. There are a few I'd like, but right now, it's a no-go.

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    Yay for free polishes, congratulations! I'm trying to resist following single FFs from shop to shop... Still haven't got those Beautometry ones I wanted!
    Beautometry said they won't be restocking Crapemyrtle, so if you wanted that, order it asap! That's the pink to purple thermal.

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    My latest mani is stonkingly me!
    Tonic Polish Con or Bust!:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-2-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-3-jpg
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-4-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-5-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-polish-con-bust-6-jpg

    So vibrant, so shifty, with a true red shift and sparkles, I love it so much!
    I fear I'll be buying a few more Tonics before too long, this is the only one I've got so far!
    It is absolutely gorgeous! I have this too, not worn of course, but there are so many beautiful Tonics, I'm not sure when I'll get around to wearing them all.

  26. #18679
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to posting some mani pictures. First one is Bear Pawlish Scar with Nails Inc Piccadilly Arcade (2012 untried).

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170316_135608-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170316_135650-jpg

    Next one is Enchanted Polish Unipeg with Enchanted Polish Winter plus decals on top of Winter. For the decals I used EP Unipeg, Pegacorn, Alicorn, Britney SpearMint and Color Club Star Light, Star Bright.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170318_134126-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170318_155013-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170318_132743-jpg

    I have to say, I was rather pleased with this one. So much so that I couldn't bear to take the unicorns off, so I just replaced Unipeg with Glam Polish Crash!

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170320_100652-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-20170320_155148-jpg

    They are going tonight though, not looking their best now after cleaning the bathroom. Oh and I cleaned my oven the other day and there were no casualties! I did hurt my right thumb a bit, but it's okay now.

  27. #18680
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've probably all had the email, but just in case: EP pre-order and restock on Sunday from 6 pm UK time. Anneri hope you're not flying then!

    I'm ordering the monthlies, I can't miss out on those this year. Hope they're really pretty.

  28. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
Page 623 of 623 FirstFirst ... 123 523 573 613 621 622 623

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •