Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  429
Likes Likes:  370

Thread: Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

  1. #19801
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    Have you seen the new FTLOP box? Such a pretty one this month, I'm definitely buying it. The other purchase I'm allowing myself is PPU, luckily I don't have a long list.
    It's really nice, but I'm flat broke. I'm skipping it, along with PPU and the Illyrian prototypes - there's one of them I really want, and I had it in my basket, but it's $18 to ship one to the UK, and since I'm cutting back, I don't know if I'd have anything to add to it if I sent it to Stackry, so I've let it go, very sad though. I hate being skint! Massive dental bill, hubby's birthday, need to pay for him to go to visit his family too, and it's time to pay my renewal fees for my lease. Worst month ever....
    And I need to save for further dental work as well, and next month one of the cats is due his injections. Grrr! Real life is pants sometimes.

  2. #19802
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week's mani was Femme Fatale Glass Carnival:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-glass-carnival-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-glass-carnival-2-jpg

    Really pretty this one, my nicest FF to date I think, but it did take 4 coats, and it's suffering from that shrinking tips syndrome.

  3. Likes Anitacska liked this post
  4. #19803
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    It's really nice, but I'm flat broke. I'm skipping it, along with PPU and the Illyrian prototypes - there's one of them I really want, and I had it in my basket, but it's $18 to ship one to the UK, and since I'm cutting back, I don't know if I'd have anything to add to it if I sent it to Stackry, so I've let it go, very sad though. I hate being skint! Massive dental bill, hubby's birthday, need to pay for him to go to visit his family too, and it's time to pay my renewal fees for my lease. Worst month ever....
    And I need to save for further dental work as well, and next month one of the cats is due his injections. Grrr! Real life is pants sometimes.
    Yep, real life sucks. I just paid a small fortune for my car's annual service, 2 spare tires and wiper blades, plus had to renew my home insurance. Dog needed a hair cut, cats will need worming and flea medicines soon, I have to pay a bill from the electrician's visit from last month, the list is never ending. And of course there's the small matter of feeding and clothing 3 children, hahaha!

    Sorry to hear about your dental bills, hope you're not in any pain at least.

    I ordered the FTLOP box and 6 polishes from PPU, but didn't order any Illyrians. I was going to place an order on the Polish Con fairy site, but had to skip it.

    I'm so annoyed with the Royal Mail. I bought EP Icelandic Sky in a destash, £9 posted, but the envelope came torn open and empty. Argh. Went down to the sorting office, but they said it's not there. I'm getting a refund, but still, ugh. At least they didn't lose Illyrian Morpheus that I also bought in a destash.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190403_120651704-jpg
    Last edited by Anitacska; April 6th, 2019 at 07:28 AM.

  5. Thanks PearlyQueen thanked for this post
  6. #19804
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    This week's mani was Femme Fatale Glass Carnival:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-glass-carnival-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-glass-carnival-2-jpg

    Really pretty this one, my nicest FF to date I think, but it did take 4 coats, and it's suffering from that shrinking tips syndrome.
    It is very pretty. I find shrinkage happens to me when I do a lot of coats too quickly and then topcoat while still very wet. Get a lot less with the Tonic Topper though luckily.

  7. Thanks PearlyQueen thanked for this post
  8. #19805
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    Yep, real life sucks. I just paid a small fortune for my car's annual service, 2 spare tires and wiper blades, plus had to renew my home insurance. Dog needed a hair cut, cats will need worming and flea medicines soon, I have to pay a bill from the electrician's visit from last month, the list is never ending. And of course there's the small matter of feeding and clothing 3 children, hahaha!

    Sorry to hear about your dental bills, hope you're not in any pain at least.

    I ordered the FTLOP box and 6 polishes from PPU, but didn't order any Illyrians. I was going to place an order on the Polish Con fairy site, but had to skip it.

    I'm so annoyed with the Royal Mail. I bought EP Icelandic Sky in a destash, £9 posted, but the envelope came torn open and empty. Argh. Went down to the sorting office, but they said it's not there. I'm getting a refund, but still, ugh. At least they didn't lose Illyrian Morpheus that I also bought in a destash.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190403_120651704-jpg
    Sorry you're having equivalent bill hassles to me, guess we're all suffering a bit these days - I firmly believe all money should be for nail polish only...
    Sounds like you got a few nice goodies to look forward to!
    How infuriating about your EP bargain, but I do love your Morpheus!

  9. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
  10. #19806
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    It is very pretty. I find shrinkage happens to me when I do a lot of coats too quickly and then topcoat while still very wet. Get a lot less with the Tonic Topper though luckily.
    That's really interesting, and thinking back I think all my issues have been with four coat polishes, so maybe something I need to be aware of. I'm sure I'm less patient about waiting for them to dry when I'm doing so many coats - and of course, if they're that transparent, I'm probably making the coats thicker subconsciously, which can't help.

  11. Likes Anitacska liked this post
  12. #19807
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week's mani is Colors by Llarowe Rest In Pieces:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-rest-pieces-jpg
    This is one of those polishes that looks far more interesting in the bottle than it does on the nails - it seemed shifty (plum, purple blue), lots of silver holo sparkle, and loads of little blue glitters. On the nail it's just a very subtle dark purple holo. And really thick and sticky, which probably hides those sparkles I expected. On the plus side, it's very nearly a one-coater - I did two, but not sure it added much other than making it a little darker.

  13. Likes Anitacska liked this post
  14. #19808
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think of Realms 2 collection? I had high hopes, but they're not as special as I expected. I still fancy a few, but not as much or as many as I thought I would. I'm really hoping Open The Gate will come back tomorrow though, that was the main prototype I wanted last time, and had to skip. If it's there, I'll definitely be trying for it and a few others tomorrow. I'm rubbish at self-denial with polishes!

  15. #19809
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    What do you think of Realms 2 collection? I had high hopes, but they're not as special as I expected. I still fancy a few, but not as much or as many as I thought I would. I'm really hoping Open The Gate will come back tomorrow though, that was the main prototype I wanted last time, and had to skip. If it's there, I'll definitely be trying for it and a few others tomorrow. I'm rubbish at self-denial with polishes!
    I've been really busy, stressed out and tired, not really looked properly at the Illyrians. I'm not going to buy anything until the weekend is over, so at least those purchases go on the next credit card bill. Been very good actually, only bought the FTLOP box and 6 from PPU this month. Luckily there wasn't anything I really wanted anyway. Will wait for the next Illyrian restock on the 26th. I did see that there are no protos launching tonight, so you don't have to wait up.

  16. #19810
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    This week's mani is Colors by Llarowe Rest In Pieces:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-rest-pieces-jpg
    This is one of those polishes that looks far more interesting in the bottle than it does on the nails - it seemed shifty (plum, purple blue), lots of silver holo sparkle, and loads of little blue glitters. On the nail it's just a very subtle dark purple holo. And really thick and sticky, which probably hides those sparkles I expected. On the plus side, it's very nearly a one-coater - I did two, but not sure it added much other than making it a little darker.
    Oh that's disappointing. I mean it looks nice, but when it looks better in the bottle, that's always a bit of a bummer.

  17. Thanks PearlyQueen thanked for this post
  18. #19811
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you buy any Illyrians in the end? I'll wait until the 26th. Tonic is launching their first 6 polishes that they premiered at Polish Con on Monday, so I'll be ordering them, but at least that's going on my next credit card bill.

    I've just seen the preview for the Holo Hookup box and really like the look of the Quixotic, but not sure if I'll buy the box. I also like the Great Lakes Lacquer from HHC, but with shipping and consolidation it would come to about $20, so I'll probably skip it.

  19. #19812
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to posting some mani pictures. First is Zoya Myrta (2012 untried) with Lilypad Lacquer Sizzling Sun on the accents.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190331_151312437-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190331_151324610-jpg

    Next is Emily de Molly Inner Peace with Emily de Molly LE 58 on the accents.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190402_140914127-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190402_143628456-jpg

    This is Femme Fatale Paragon (thermal).

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190404_093046230-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190404_093212456-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190404_093217350-jpg

    Next is Tonic Polish Fecundity 10.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190406_140618030-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190406_140627250-jpg

    Another Femme Fatale thermal, Hunting Wolverines in Alaska. I really loved this one.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_122953474-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_123048969-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_123145011-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_172904751-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_173337625-jpg

    This is Milani Hi-res (2012 untried) with Hare Polish Amethystos.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190410_115722520-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190410_115751937-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190410_115819523-jpg

    One more, CrowsToes ...I Need a Tinselectomy with Illyrian Polish Lolly.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190412_112307986-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190412_112311033-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190412_112357440-jpg

  20. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka liked this post
  21. #19813
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more, my current mani, Femme Fatale Crapemyrtle. It's a weird polish. It's quite lumpy, didn't go on evenly, some glitters stick up and the cold state only shows up in really cold air or water (luckily it's very cold today - well, luckily for the polish anyway). The bottle itself sits in the warm state which is quite unusual. I'm also not keen on the warm colour.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190414_102214224-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190414_102255448-jpg

  22. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
  23. #19814
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    I've been really busy, stressed out and tired, not really looked properly at the Illyrians. I'm not going to buy anything until the weekend is over, so at least those purchases go on the next credit card bill. Been very good actually, only bought the FTLOP box and 6 from PPU this month. Luckily there wasn't anything I really wanted anyway. Will wait for the next Illyrian restock on the 26th. I did see that there are no protos launching tonight, so you don't have to wait up.
    So sorry to hear that you're under stress Anita, hope things have picked up a bit.
    Sounds like you've done some good cutting back! I saw no prototypes, so I skipped - just as well, as my saving for the dentist has turned into a dental emergency appointment on Tuesday
    I'm hoping that the proto I want will be at a later date now.

  24. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
  25. #19815
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    Did you buy any Illyrians in the end? I'll wait until the 26th. Tonic is launching their first 6 polishes that they premiered at Polish Con on Monday, so I'll be ordering them, but at least that's going on my next credit card bill.

    I've just seen the preview for the Holo Hookup box and really like the look of the Quixotic, but not sure if I'll buy the box. I also like the Great Lakes Lacquer from HHC, but with shipping and consolidation it would come to about $20, so I'll probably skip it.
    Shipping is such a pain (and so are boxes where you just really want one of them!).

  26. Likes Anitacska liked this post
  27. #19816
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    Finally got around to posting some mani pictures. First is Zoya Myrta (2012 untried) with Lilypad Lacquer Sizzling Sun on the accents.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190331_151312437-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190331_151324610-jpg

    Next is Emily de Molly Inner Peace with Emily de Molly LE 58 on the accents.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190402_140914127-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190402_143628456-jpg

    This is Femme Fatale Paragon (thermal).

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190404_093046230-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190404_093212456-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190404_093217350-jpg

    Next is Tonic Polish Fecundity 10.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190406_140618030-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190406_140627250-jpg

    Another Femme Fatale thermal, Hunting Wolverines in Alaska. I really loved this one.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_122953474-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_123048969-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_123145011-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_172904751-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190408_173337625-jpg

    This is Milani Hi-res (2012 untried) with Hare Polish Amethystos.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190410_115722520-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190410_115751937-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190410_115819523-jpg

    One more, CrowsToes ...I Need a Tinselectomy with Illyrian Polish Lolly.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190412_112307986-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190412_112311033-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190412_112357440-jpg
    Wow, some proper nice ones there! I love the red and gold look, and the Tonic is utterly stunning (and I think I have that one so yay!).
    Wolverines is really impressive too, and even the Hare! Yummy, you've chosen well this time!

  28. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
  29. #19817
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    One more, my current mani, Femme Fatale Crapemyrtle. It's a weird polish. It's quite lumpy, didn't go on evenly, some glitters stick up and the cold state only shows up in really cold air or water (luckily it's very cold today - well, luckily for the polish anyway). The bottle itself sits in the warm state which is quite unusual. I'm also not keen on the warm colour.
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190414_102214224-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190414_102255448-jpg

    I like both states for this - but I can definitely see those lumps. Shame you don't love it, but it looks pretty cool.

  30. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
  31. #19818
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week I've been wearing Nails Inc Bow Street:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-bow-street-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-bow-street-3-jpg

    You're so right about this not translating from bottle to nail at all. it's really dark! I can see the pink a bit more than the photos show, but essentially I've back-to-backed disappointingly dull dark purple polishes!
    I hope my next attempt is a bit more lively!

  32. Likes Anitacska liked this post
  33. #19819
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    So sorry to hear that you're under stress Anita, hope things have picked up a bit.
    Sounds like you've done some good cutting back! I saw no prototypes, so I skipped - just as well, as my saving for the dentist has turned into a dental emergency appointment on Tuesday
    I'm hoping that the proto I want will be at a later date now.
    Thank you. My whole life is just an endless stream of stress, mostly due to my children. Ugh. It's very hard work. Honestly, some days I feel like I'm going to end up in a mental asylum.

    Sorry to hear about your dental troubles, hope you're at least not in much pain.

    Yay for skipping, but hopefully you'll be able to get that proto at a later date. I didn't even look at them properly at the time because it said that they would probably come back and also because I just cannot order from Illyrian every week.

  34. #19820
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    This week I've been wearing Nails Inc Bow Street:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-bow-street-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-bow-street-3-jpg

    You're so right about this not translating from bottle to nail at all. it's really dark! I can see the pink a bit more than the photos show, but essentially I've back-to-backed disappointingly dull dark purple polishes!
    I hope my next attempt is a bit more lively!
    Eh, yes, this just doesn't look as good as you'd hope based on the bottle.

  35. #19821
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be emptying out my Stackry box today. Was hoping to receive a CD my daughter ordered (signed by the artist), but they still haven't sent it and it might take 3-4 weeks, so I might as well empty out my box, I'm on day 43 today. My PPU and Tonics orders (I ordered 7 plus a topcoat) haven't shipped yet either, so no point in waiting and paying fees. Also I'm almost completely out of Tonic Topper and I don't really like the other topcoats I have, so I need my delivery from Stackry!

  36. #19822
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it's just me feeling a bit down and meh, but I'm really not feeling the upcoming collections from Glam or the new PPU polishes. I feel like the Glams are just the same old, same old, and the 80's theme in PPU is really not my colour scheme (despite having grown up in the 80's). Oh well. I'm trying to save some money anyway, so I guess it doesn't hurt if I don't like many new releases.

    My Stackry package appears to be taking a detour to Memphis (?). The delivery estimate is Thursday, so still has a lot of time to get here, but I was hoping that it would arrive on Tuesday as last time FedEx was about 2 days quicker than they said they would be.

  37. #19823
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few recent manis, first is Emily de Molly LE 32 with Different Dimension Mic Drop. Showing more red than it was, it was more orange/coral irl.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190416_144106527-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190416_144143502-jpg

    Next is Enchanted Polish Marge's Blue Beehive with Polished for Days Abeona

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190418_165652151-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190418_172821241-jpg

    This is Glam Polish Ke Aloha. The idea was that I would pair this up with an old Urban Decay untried, but the colours didn't look good in the end and also the top coat I tried using was rubbish and the whole mani was crumpled in the morning, so I just painted over the whole thing with the Glam. I bought a Barry M quick dry top coat, works much better, at least to tide me over until my Tonic Topper arrives. What is the point in non-quick drying top coats anyway????

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190420_143859660-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190420_143927576-jpg

    My current mani is Glam Polish I Know You Are But What Am I? with Glam Polish Why Couldn't It Be "Follow the Butterflies"?

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190422_145935784-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190422_150004916-jpg

    Ooh, it looks like my Stackry package will come tomorrow after all as it's now at Stanstead. Hope I don't miss the delivery.

  38. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka liked this post
  39. #19824
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like everyone is struggling. Vapid is closing this year. Anyone surprised?

  40. #19825
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    Seems like everyone is struggling. Vapid is closing this year. Anyone surprised?
    To be honest, I'm not fussed either way. I like the polishes I own, but I never understood the hype and I haven't actually bought much from her lately. I am a little surprised to see that they'd been struggling, I thought Vapid was a very popular brand.

  41. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
  42. #19826
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    To be honest, I'm not fussed either way. I like the polishes I own, but I never understood the hype and I haven't actually bought much from her lately. I am a little surprised to see that they'd been struggling, I thought Vapid was a very popular brand.
    Yes, I thought they were popular as well. In your estimation, which are the top brands these days?

  43. #19827
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    Yes, I thought they were popular as well. In your estimation, which are the top brands these days?
    That's really hard to gauge, but I'm sure Tonic must be there in the top 3 somewhere. Quixotic and JReine seem to be quite popular nowadays, Illyrian as well I guess.

    I personally really love Emily de Molly, Polished for Days and Girly Bits too, but I guess the international brands probably don't do as well, although Emily de Molly has a great US warehouse and the US prices and shipping are very reasonable.

    What do you think?

  44. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka liked this post
  45. #19828
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    That's really hard to gauge, but I'm sure Tonic must be there in the top 3 somewhere. Quixotic and JReine seem to be quite popular nowadays, Illyrian as well I guess.
    I personally really love Emily de Molly, Polished for Days and Girly Bits too, but I guess the international brands probably don't do as well, although Emily de Molly has a great US warehouse and the US prices and shipping are very reasonable.
    What do you think?
    I think Tonic is probably #1 right now. Their polishes seem to have the highest resale value on average and they are flooded with people at Polish Con. I would have put Vapid and Illyrian up there as well, but that would have been wrong. Cbl seemed rather popular too, but that's no longer an issue.
    I definitely agree Quixotic seems to be gaining a fan base, as well as Bees Knees and Ethereal. Other brands that are popping up more are Prism, Lacquester and Danglefoot, but as you mentioned, international brands are a special case since they are harder to obtain.
    Emily de Molly, PFD and Girly Bits are all part of my go-to's, but it's so hard to gauge their popularity. It seems people are fickle and like the latest and newest, so solid brands like those fall by the wayside.

  46. Likes Anitacska liked this post
  47. #19829
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg, the Polish Con drama! I knew it was bad when I saw Tonic had a lot of polish left over. They always sell out.

  48. Likes Anitacska liked this post
  49. #19830
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    I think Tonic is probably #1 right now. Their polishes seem to have the highest resale value on average and they are flooded with people at Polish Con. I would have put Vapid and Illyrian up there as well, but that would have been wrong. Cbl seemed rather popular too, but that's no longer an issue.
    I definitely agree Quixotic seems to be gaining a fan base, as well as Bees Knees and Ethereal. Other brands that are popping up more are Prism, Lacquester and Danglefoot, but as you mentioned, international brands are a special case since they are harder to obtain.
    Emily de Molly, PFD and Girly Bits are all part of my go-to's, but it's so hard to gauge their popularity. It seems people are fickle and like the latest and newest, so solid brands like those fall by the wayside.
    Yes, probably Tonic are #1 . I forgot about Bees Knees, they do seem pretty popular now. I don't really like their bottles (old and new), and trying to not get into more and more brands, but they do make some nice polishes and I have 4.

    I was thinking Different Dimension, Cupcake and Glisten & Glow as well as KBShimmer also have large fan bases, but don't know if they're still that popular on the whole. I do like Different Dimension especially, but she doesn't bring out many collections, I think the Holo Hookup probably takes up a lot of her time.

    Pahlish must be quite popular still as well.

    I personally have gone off Femme Fatale and Glam Polish a bit, as well as Lilypad Lacquer, she only does HHC and PPU now and I'm not paying $15-16 for one of her polishes.

    I think I'll be placing another large order with EdM as her new collections are gorgeous and she was talking about an anniversary sale at the end of May.

    Tonic are releasing 5 new colours at the beginning of May as they had a lot left over from Polish Con. There goes my May budget....

  50. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
  • Display all images
  • Page 661 of 662 FirstFirst ... 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •