Nars General Chat

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  503
Likes Likes:  782
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Nars General Chat

  1. #451
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javadoo View Post
    The new Nars blush in Blissful is up on Barney's...with 9% cash back from Ebates!
    Thanks!!! I just got it. Were there any other new items there?
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  2. Likes boschicka liked this post
  3. #452
    Senior Member javadoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Thanks!!! I just got it. Were there any other new items there?
    I didn't see any others.

  4. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
  5. #453
    Senior Member javadoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    what shade is that? from fall?
    Yes, the new fall shade.

  6. #454
    Senior Member Rinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javadoo View Post
    The new Nars blush in Blissful is up on Barney's...with 9% cash back from Ebates!
    Got this last night, thanks to Elegant PMing me . It looks so beautiful!
    Vist my nail blog Never Enough Nails
    Twitter and Instagram- @nvrenoughnails

    Sale Thread with low prices on LE MAC, NARS, UD, ColourPop, Illamasqua, etc.- https://www.specktra.net/for-sale-an...ml#post2761251

  7. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
  8. #455
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Thanks!!! I just got it. Were there any other new items there?
    I tried to order it, but the site was glitchy for me. It charged my debit card twice but said the order didn't go through! I'll just wait for it to show up elsewhere. I don't feel like having 90 temporary holds on my checking account! Keep us posted on how you like it.

  9. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  10. #456
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    9,931
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    their fall collection usually launches july 15th

  11. Thanks boschicka, lipstickaddict thanked for this post
  12. #457
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    their fall collection usually launches july 15th
    That's good news. I'm rather impatient when it comes to makeup....and everything else.

  13. Thanks fur4elise, lipstickaddict thanked for this post
    Likes fur4elise, lipstickaddict liked this post
  14. #458
    Senior Member MaryJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to check out the NARS Beauty Exclusives at Nordstrom today. Overall, I wasn't wowed. The only purchase I made was the mini multiples. There was a good range of colors and since I don't have any multiples, a good way to try them.

    the matte pencil sets - the formula seemed ok but all of the colors in each set are very similar. Swatching on my hand, 2 colors seemed to be identical, I'm sure on my lips there would be no difference.

    the blush palette is ok if you don't have many blushes from NARS. I already have hot sand and laguna. The blush colors were 'meh'. I have both Unfiltered palettes and the colors in those were better.

  15. Thanks LV2EVOLVE, lipstickaddict, elegant-one, MissTania, Shars thanked for this post
    Likes LV2EVOLVE, elegant-one, MissTania liked this post
  16. #459
    Senior Member LV2EVOLVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    I was able to check out the NARS Beauty Exclusives at Nordstrom today. Overall, I wasn't wowed. The only purchase I made was the mini multiples. There was a good range of colors and since I don't have any multiples, a good way to try them.

    the matte pencil sets - the formula seemed ok but all of the colors in each set are very similar. Swatching on my hand, 2 colors seemed to be identical, I'm sure on my lips there would be no difference.

    the blush palette is ok if you don't have many blushes from NARS. I already have hot sand and laguna. The blush colors were 'meh'. I have both Unfiltered palettes and the colors in those were better.

    I have to say that I wish NARS would get rid of the rubbery textured packaging once and for all. Almost all of my products in that type of packaging from NARS and other brands end up sticky. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I don't live in the hottest climate either. I'm going to avoid this type of packaging in the future or depot the products right after purchase.

  17. Likes MissTania liked this post
  18. #460
    Senior Member LV2EVOLVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was curious to see a review of the NARS products. I guess in the lip set should be eyes and lips, since the shades are similar. Use one on the lips and one on the eyes.

  19. #461
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the mini Multiples set from Nordies & I really love all the shades in it. I also got my Blissful blush from Barneys. Its a very pretty plum/wine shade with multi color very subtle shimmer.
    Last edited by elegant-one; July 15th, 2017 at 05:30 PM.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  20. #462
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    I tried to order it, but the site was glitchy for me. It charged my debit card twice but said the order didn't go through! I'll just wait for it to show up elsewhere. I don't feel like having 90 temporary holds on my checking account! Keep us posted on how you like it.
    No way... Ugh, I hate when that crap happens! So sorry dear!!! Speaking of glitchy........Nordies site for the sale launch was a complete meltdown!!!
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  21. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
  22. #463
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a new Nars velvet lip glide set that is an Ulta exclusive with super fun bright summer colors that are new! I'm on my cell right now so I can't post a link. Sucks that it's an Ulta exclusive because I'd buy it in heartbeat if it was available in Canada.

  23. Thanks MissTania, elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes MissTania, elegant-one liked this post
  24. #464
    Moderator shellygrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    NARS SG Siberia(ish) & RCC Chantilly; Kevyn Aucoin SSE in SX01; ABH Stick Foundation in Porcelain; circa 10-15 in MAC intensity. Oily t-zone.
    Team Low-Buy 2014-17 | Twitter & Instagram: mizshellytee
    Support Specktra with a Subscription | Specktra Rules & TOS | Tips on Asking for Recommendations | The Scoop

  25. Thanks lipstickaddict, elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict, elegant-one liked this post
  26. #465
    New User blushnglow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ulta does ship to Canada and free shipping for orders over $100. Duties apply. I tried putting the lip set in my cart and with all taxes prepaid the total comes to $84CAD. TBH I would wait to see if it will pop up eventually elsewhere.

  27. Thanks lipstickaddict thanked for this post
  28. #466
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blushnglow View Post
    Ulta does ship to Canada and free shipping for orders over $100. Duties apply. I tried putting the lip set in my cart and with all taxes prepaid the total comes to $84CAD. TBH I would wait to see if it will pop up eventually elsewhere.
    It really doesn't seem worth it, does it! I have often ordered from Beautylish and while the duties vary depending on the item, it is way cheaper given that free shipping starts at 35$ or something like that. I'm hoping the set pops up elsewhere too.

  29. Likes MissTania liked this post
  30. #467
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered Dayle, one of the new Audacious lipsticks from Barney's...6% ebates. I wish that I could have seen a swatch first, but the description: pale pink lilac sounds like a pretty winner.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  31. #468
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh! NOT a winner. It's basically a Death Becomes Her shade on my lips Maybe it will look good on somebody, definitely not on me. It looks so pretty in the tube but it's very grey/dead on. Plus, it came broken & melted so I returned it right away. Bummer.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  32. Thanks Icecaramellatte, Winthrop44, lipstickaddict thanked for this post
  33. #469
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Ugh! NOT a winner. It's basically a Death Becomes Her shade on my lips Maybe it will look good on somebody, definitely not on me. It looks so pretty in the tube but it's very grey/dead on. Plus, it came broken & melted so I returned it right away. Bummer.
    Sorry to hear that. Ugh!
    MAC N/NC10-15

  34. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  • Display all images
  • Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •