Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  271
Likes Likes:  377
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1

  1. #211
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aradhana View Post
    i just ordered the two eye duos and eye pencils. i'm interested in the lip and cheek products but would like to try them in person before i buy....
    nice seeing your swatches elegant...they are quite enticing! is it my imagination, or these duos more expensive than usual?
    Thank you dear! I hope you like the eye products!
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  2. Thanks lipstickaddict thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict liked this post
  3. #212
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brush roll♥
    Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1-img_20170511_115808164-jpg

  4. #213
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lipstickaddict View Post
    Brush roll♥
    Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1-img_20170511_115808164-jpg
    Very elegant looking! Thanks
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  5. Thanks lipstickaddict thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict liked this post
  6. #214
    Senior Member Audrey C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The collection is up on Sephora Canada; I missed the sale but used the VIB renewal code (that they never e-mail me - what's up with that). I ordered Double Decker and Ephelide. I hope I like them; this is more than I normally would spend on a gloss but they look like they deliver enough colour for me to convince myself that they're lipsticks.

    I'm not a fan of Multiples or products that don't dry down in general; I really like the MUFE cream blush and have a couple of Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges that get lots of use though.
    NC20-25 (MUFE HD 120, Bobbi Brown Warm Sand, Tarte Light Honey)
    Current Loves:
    Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta Light 02 & Crazy Terracotta, BB Antigua & Maui
    Blush: MUFE HD Cream 210/215/220, BB Havana Nights Peach, MAC Cheeky Bugger, Marine Life, My Paradise, NARS Deep Throat
    Highlight: BB Afternoon & Sunset Glow,Dior Amber Diamond, MAC Perfectly Poised & Definitely Defined, Cover FX Moonlight & Blossom

  7. Thanks elegant-one, lipstickaddict thanked for this post
  8. #215
    Senior Member aradhana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    2,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went to a nars event this evening at the bay. actually i think it was wrapping up when i got there - they had a photographer on hand to do people's portraits.

    the makeup they did on me was so nice, and convinced me to get a whole bunch more things. i mean in addition to the eye products i had ordered from sephora and which i should have in my hands tomorrow...i now purchased the glow tint, falaise bronzer, alice and promise. the artist also put rue allent and nuit d'encre on my eyes. now i'm glad i got rue allent, because i almost skipped it! it makes my brown eyes look warmer and lighter.

    so. there is a chance i may go back for more lip tints...
    mac: nc43, matchmaster 6.0
    nars: pure radiant tinted moisturizer cuba - medium3


  9. #216
    Senior Member Rinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My order came! Only had time to try out Jeanette today but love it!!! So pretty!
    Vist my nail blog Never Enough Nails
    Twitter and Instagram- @nvrenoughnails

    Sale Thread with low prices on LE MAC, NARS, UD, ColourPop, Illamasqua, etc.- https://www.specktra.net/for-sale-an...ml#post2761251

  10. #217
    Senior Member Rinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wore Ephelide today and whooaaaaa I am in love!!! Need the strawberry-colored one now!
    Vist my nail blog Never Enough Nails
    Twitter and Instagram- @nvrenoughnails

    Sale Thread with low prices on LE MAC, NARS, UD, ColourPop, Illamasqua, etc.- https://www.specktra.net/for-sale-an...ml#post2761251

  11. Thanks elegant-one, MissTania thanked for this post
  12. #218
    Senior Member Audrey C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I receive Double Decker and Ephelide today. I really like both; they remind me of a stickier MAC CSG. Double Decker is a very pretty strawberry shade. My lips aren't that pigmented, so I always need a little liner for contrast against my skin. I'm wearing Double Decker with a light application of MAC Absolutely It (to line only); this shade looks great with MAC Cheeky Bugger blush - definitely a nice summery combo.

    I'll be interested to see how long the colour lasts on me without needing to be reapplied; I love CSGs but I need to reapply very frequently.
    Last edited by Audrey C; May 15th, 2017 at 09:39 AM.
    NC20-25 (MUFE HD 120, Bobbi Brown Warm Sand, Tarte Light Honey)
    Current Loves:
    Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta Light 02 & Crazy Terracotta, BB Antigua & Maui
    Blush: MUFE HD Cream 210/215/220, BB Havana Nights Peach, MAC Cheeky Bugger, Marine Life, My Paradise, NARS Deep Throat
    Highlight: BB Afternoon & Sunset Glow,Dior Amber Diamond, MAC Perfectly Poised & Definitely Defined, Cover FX Moonlight & Blossom

  13. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one, GreenEyedAllie liked this post
  14. #219
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey C View Post
    I receive Double Decker and Ephelide today. I really like both; they remind me of a stickier MAC CSG. Double Decker is a very pretty strawberry shade. My lips aren't that pigmented, so I always need a little liner for contrast against my skin. I'm wearing Double Decker with a light application of MAC Absolutely It (to line only); this shade looks great with MAC Cheeky Bugger blush - definitely a nice summery combo.

    I'll be interested to see how long the colour lasts on me without needing to be reapplied; I love CSGs but I need to reapply very frequently.

    Ooh, I will try that liner & with Cheeky Bugger blush. Thanks
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  15. #220
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinstar View Post
    Wore Ephelide today and whooaaaaa I am in love!!! Need the strawberry-colored one now!
    I've been wearing Double Decker almost every day
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  16. Likes Rinstar, MissTania liked this post
  17. #221
    Senior Member Audrey C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Ooh, I will try that liner & with Cheeky Bugger blush. Thanks
    You may have a closer liner - I don't wear a lot of pinks, so it was that or Soar for me.
    NC20-25 (MUFE HD 120, Bobbi Brown Warm Sand, Tarte Light Honey)
    Current Loves:
    Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta Light 02 & Crazy Terracotta, BB Antigua & Maui
    Blush: MUFE HD Cream 210/215/220, BB Havana Nights Peach, MAC Cheeky Bugger, Marine Life, My Paradise, NARS Deep Throat
    Highlight: BB Afternoon & Sunset Glow,Dior Amber Diamond, MAC Perfectly Poised & Definitely Defined, Cover FX Moonlight & Blossom

  18. Likes elegant-one liked this post
  19. #222
    Senior Member Rinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    I've been wearing Double Decker almost every day
    The formula is crazy nice, I'm in love with these lip tints.... Please make more NARS!!!
    Vist my nail blog Never Enough Nails
    Twitter and Instagram- @nvrenoughnails

    Sale Thread with low prices on LE MAC, NARS, UD, ColourPop, Illamasqua, etc.- https://www.specktra.net/for-sale-an...ml#post2761251

  20. Thanks lipstickaddict, elegant-one thanked for this post
  21. #223
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 60044[/QUOTE]

    Old Church Street and Tribulation

    Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1-20170519_114929-jpg

    Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1-20170519_115157-jpg
    #TeamLowBuy

  22. #224
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awickedshape View Post
    Old Church Street and Tribulation

    Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1-20170519_114929-jpg

    Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1-20170519_115157-jpg[/QUOTE]


  23. #225
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lipstickaddict View Post
    Old Church Street and Tribulation

    Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1-20170519_114929-jpg

    Nars x Charlotte Gainsbourg Summer 2017 April 15/May 1-20170519_115157-jpg
    [/QUOTE]

    #TeamLowBuy

  24. Thanks lipstickaddict, elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict, elegant-one liked this post
  25. #226
    Senior Member Kaidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    1,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Ephelide and Old Church Street from this collection. I really like the lip tint because it's not tacky like the MAC lipglosses, the formula doesn't dry my lips, and the color is very pretty. The eye shadows on Old Church Street duo are very smooth, pigmented, and seem like nice everyday shades (at least for me). I thought that the Velvet matte pencils would be available along with the rest of the collection, so I got really upset when I found out that they were only exclusive to the Nars site and sold out of course.
    ~Team pink x Team coral x Team blue x Team orange~

  26. Thanks lipstickaddict thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one, lipstickaddict liked this post
  27. #227
    Senior Member GreenEyedAllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaidan View Post
    I bought Ephelide and Old Church Street from this collection. I really like the lip tint because it's not tacky like the MAC lipglosses, the formula doesn't dry my lips, and the color is very pretty. The eye shadows on Old Church Street duo are very smooth, pigmented, and seem like nice everyday shades (at least for me). I thought that the Velvet matte pencils would be available along with the rest of the collection, so I got really upset when I found out that they were only exclusive to the Nars site and sold out of course.
    I feel you! I kept waffling on what to order and ended up missing out on London Clinic. Speaking of, if anyone is having back upper's remorse on that guy, feel free to PM me.

    I bought and love both of the items you got. I enjoy how effortless and pretty this collection is.

  28. Likes Kaidan, lipstickaddict, elegant-one liked this post
  29. #228
    Senior Member Rinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally ordered Double Decker. Been loving Ephelide, so I had to get it!!
    Vist my nail blog Never Enough Nails
    Twitter and Instagram- @nvrenoughnails

    Sale Thread with low prices on LE MAC, NARS, UD, ColourPop, Illamasqua, etc.- https://www.specktra.net/for-sale-an...ml#post2761251

  30. Thanks elegant-one, lipstickaddict thanked for this post
  31. #229
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved Blindfold on SOOO much & I had one & was able to get 2 more & then saw that it's gone from Nars. I wonder if they'll restock them at all.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  32. Likes Rinstar liked this post
  33. #230
    Senior Member Mizani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to get my hands on Blindfold for the longest. I thought this collection was supposed to be coming to other stores/sites?

  34. Likes elegant-one liked this post
  35. #231
    Senior Member Mizani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    I thought that maybe the velvet lip pencils were exclusive to Nars.com but Barneys had them. Did Bloomingdales? I keep getting that bloomies site is unavailable because of maintenance ???

    Aaaah, this explains it. I wonder why? Blindfold is the only thing I want from this collection.

  36. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  37. #232
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizani View Post
    Aaaah, this explains it. I wonder why? Blindfold is the only thing I want from this collection.
    Right! They could have restocked since it was exclusive to their site. It's really pretty on. And, I love that I can wear it out to eat & it still looks pretty LOL!! It doesn't bleed around your mouth & still looks pretty when it fades. This shade should be perm. I think Ebay has some at a reasonable price.

    I bought my first one from Barneys. They had it briefly.
    Last edited by elegant-one; June 19th, 2017 at 06:45 PM.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  38. #233
    Senior Member Audrey C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving these glosses so much; I have all three of them now and am wearing them more than anything else right now.
    NC20-25 (MUFE HD 120, Bobbi Brown Warm Sand, Tarte Light Honey)
    Current Loves:
    Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta Light 02 & Crazy Terracotta, BB Antigua & Maui
    Blush: MUFE HD Cream 210/215/220, BB Havana Nights Peach, MAC Cheeky Bugger, Marine Life, My Paradise, NARS Deep Throat
    Highlight: BB Afternoon & Sunset Glow,Dior Amber Diamond, MAC Perfectly Poised & Definitely Defined, Cover FX Moonlight & Blossom

  39. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
  40. #234
    Senior Member Mizani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Right! They could have restocked since it was exclusive to their site. It's really pretty on. And, I love that I can wear it out to eat & it still looks pretty LOL!! It doesn't bleed around your mouth & still looks pretty when it fades. This shade should be perm. I think Ebay has some at a reasonable price.

    I bought my first one from Barneys. They had it briefly.
    Thanks for the review, babe! And you are right, it should be permanent. I really love NARS' Velvet Lip Pencils (and Satin Pencils too). I am still dumbfounded why these pencils were basically NARS online only?

    Off to eBay I go...

  41. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  42. #235
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizani View Post
    Thanks for the review, babe! And you are right, it should be permanent. I really love NARS' Velvet Lip Pencils (and Satin Pencils too). I am still dumbfounded why these pencils were basically NARS online only?

    Off to eBay I go...
    Aww, you're so sweet!!! Yes, I really, really love them too...I agree. They were reasonably priced on ebay so I hope you can get one!
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  43. Thanks Mizani thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict liked this post
  44. #236
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey C View Post
    I'm loving these glosses so much; I have all three of them now and am wearing them more than anything else right now.
    Yep, I wear them all the time.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  45. Thanks Audrey C thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict, Audrey C liked this post
  46. #237
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinstar View Post
    Finally ordered Double Decker. Been loving Ephelide, so I had to get it!!
    I would love the perfect pinky nude shade in these. I stopped buying glosses awhile ago, but I love love these.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  47. Likes lipstickaddict, GreenEyedAllie liked this post
  48. #238
    Senior Member Rinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    I would love the perfect pinky nude shade in these. I stopped buying glosses awhile ago, but I love love these.
    Yesss!! That would be fantastic! I never stopped buying glosses, they are still my favorite lip product, but these are definitely above and beyond amazing.
    Vist my nail blog Never Enough Nails
    Twitter and Instagram- @nvrenoughnails

    Sale Thread with low prices on LE MAC, NARS, UD, ColourPop, Illamasqua, etc.- https://www.specktra.net/for-sale-an...ml#post2761251

  49. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict, elegant-one liked this post
  50. #239
    Senior Member Mizani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Aww, you're so sweet!!! Yes, I really, really love them too...I agree. They were reasonably priced on ebay so I hope you can get one!
    Me too!

    Now I am just waiting for NARS to introduce a deep red Velvet Matte lip pencil. Something along the lines of Bette or even Charlotte.

  51. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  52. #240
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizani View Post
    Me too!

    Now I am just waiting for NARS to introduce a deep red Velvet Matte lip pencil. Something along the lines of Bette or even Charlotte.
    Oh man, I would LOVE those reds in the velvets
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  53. Thanks Mizani thanked for this post
    Likes Mizani liked this post
  • Display all images
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •