All Things Sephora

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  6,333
Likes Likes:  12,760

Thread: All Things Sephora

  1. #41971
    Senior Member Icecaramellatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy I barely remember what I bought I had to check my Purchases list. I was low on funds the first week so I had to use my gift cards (not the Rouge ones. I wish!) since I was worried I'd miss out on Tom Ford stuff.

    -Tom Ford Gold Dust Bronzer -large
    -Tom Ford eyeshadow quad
    -Tom Ford eyeshadow quad
    -Tom Ford eyeshadow quad
    -Tom Ford Lissome blush duo
    -Nars Orgasm liquid highlighter - seemed fine the first day I used it. Then I read people had problems and the second day I did too. I need to remember what I did differently that day.
    -Nars Orgasm palette - haven't tried this yet.
    -Flowerbomb Vanilla Twist - smells really good but I really want the Chanel Vanilla oil so why did I buy this? Should return, but will I?
    -Urban Decay Winterfell Snow eyeliner -wanted everything, changed mind, decided to just get only this from the Game of Thrones collection
    -Glow Recipe Watermelon mist - kept hearing great things about this but so far I'm just meh
    -Kiehl's avocado eye cream
    -Anastasia power duo eye kit - impulse purchase on check out line
    -PAT McGRATH She's Heaven lipstick
    -Urban Decay Game of Thrones eyeshadow palette - after watching Kelsee Briana Jai video I thought what am I thinking I buy all the other UD palettes why not this one? Liked my first look, 2nd just ok
    -PAT McGRATH Wicked Whisper gloss - Love PMG glosses so had to buy another Michele Wang mentioned this one so I figured why not.
    -Anastasia mist -
    Last day order
    -Algenist setting mist - IGer I follow skin looks luminous. I haven't seen her whole routine but she mentioned she uses this so I threw it in
    -Sol de Janeiro cabana set - I wanted the body spray and this seemed a good deal as I haven't seen the hand cream for sale alone
    -Dior Radiance Setting mist -dark - wanted to try this for awhile
    -Natasha Denona Camel palette - I bought this the last sale but haven't seen it since, never opened it or tried it. I have given up on it so. . .

    I thought I didn't go hog wild on this sale but going through my purchase history and listing everything here, it looks like I did. Hmmm. I guess I didn't in comparison to previous sales or maybe it didn't feel like it because I had a nice size gift card to off set much of it. Plus, it seemed like this sale was longer than usual. Was it? Plus I'm not against returning some of these items. I'm a little iffy on some of them. They don't do what they say and some of them were online only so I couldn't try in store anyway. But we'll see I'm pretty bad about returning things.
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://www.instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/
    https://www.ebates.com/r/PINEA8?eeid=28187

  2. #41972
    Senior Member KiKi Kontour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unpopular Opinion: I am not a huge fan of Fenty stuff n never been interested in tryin the foundations only becuz I stick to my HG's (NARS, GA, BB). Im not one to have patience mixin n usin 2 shades for the right one...nah!! Quiet as kept I still have freshly unopened first drop fenty of the Moscow blush n lip bomb **braces for impact** the penny4uthots is the only fenty I've brought n used off the break tho. I like the shade since I have nothin like it.

    I also for the 1st time didn't indulge n the sale **cue horror scream** on the last day I tried to order thru the app n it kept phkn up wit my address n no paypal option so I took it as a sign lol
    Last edited by KiKi Kontour; May 13th, 2019 at 04:50 AM.

  3. Thanks fur4elise thanked for this post
  4. #41973
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte View Post
    Boy I barely remember what I bought I had to check my Purchases list. I was low on funds the first week so I had to use my gift cards (not the Rouge ones. I wish!) since I was worried I'd miss out on Tom Ford stuff.

    -Tom Ford Gold Dust Bronzer -large
    -Tom Ford eyeshadow quad
    -Tom Ford eyeshadow quad
    -Tom Ford eyeshadow quad
    -Tom Ford Lissome blush duo
    -Nars Orgasm liquid highlighter - seemed fine the first day I used it. Then I read people had problems and the second day I did too. I need to remember what I did differently that day.
    -Nars Orgasm palette - haven't tried this yet.
    -Flowerbomb Vanilla Twist - smells really good but I really want the Chanel Vanilla oil so why did I buy this? Should return, but will I?
    -Urban Decay Winterfell Snow eyeliner -wanted everything, changed mind, decided to just get only this from the Game of Thrones collection
    -Glow Recipe Watermelon mist - kept hearing great things about this but so far I'm just meh
    -Kiehl's avocado eye cream
    -Anastasia power duo eye kit - impulse purchase on check out line
    -PAT McGRATH She's Heaven lipstick
    -Urban Decay Game of Thrones eyeshadow palette - after watching Kelsee Briana Jai video I thought what am I thinking I buy all the other UD palettes why not this one? Liked my first look, 2nd just ok
    -PAT McGRATH Wicked Whisper gloss - Love PMG glosses so had to buy another Michele Wang mentioned this one so I figured why not.
    -Anastasia mist -
    Last day order
    -Algenist setting mist - IGer I follow skin looks luminous. I haven't seen her whole routine but she mentioned she uses this so I threw it in
    -Sol de Janeiro cabana set - I wanted the body spray and this seemed a good deal as I haven't seen the hand cream for sale alone
    -Dior Radiance Setting mist -dark - wanted to try this for awhile
    -Natasha Denona Camel palette - I bought this the last sale but haven't seen it since, never opened it or tried it. I have given up on it so. . .

    I thought I didn't go hog wild on this sale but going through my purchase history and listing everything here, it looks like I did. Hmmm. I guess I didn't in comparison to previous sales or maybe it didn't feel like it because I had a nice size gift card to off set much of it. Plus, it seemed like this sale was longer than usual. Was it? Plus I'm not against returning some of these items. I'm a little iffy on some of them. They don't do what they say and some of them were online only so I couldn't try in store anyway. But we'll see I'm pretty bad about returning things.

    EPIC HAUL!!!

    i think i want tf body heat and suspicion quads

  5. Thanks Icecaramellatte thanked for this post
    Likes fur4elise, Alysse011, Icecaramellatte liked this post
  6. #41974
    Senior Member Sugar & Spice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiKi Kontour View Post
    Unpopular Opinion: I am not a huge fan of Fenty stuff n never been interested in tryin the foundations only becuz I stick to my HG's (NARS, GA, BB). Im not one to have patience mixin n usin 2 shades for the right one...nah!! Quiet as kept I still have freshly unopened first drop fenty of the Moscow blush n lip bomb **braces for impact** the penny4uthots is the only fenty I've brought n used off the break tho. I like the shade since I have nothin like it.

    I also for the 1st time didn't indulge n the sale **cue horror scream** on the last day I tried to order thru the app n it kept phkn up wit my address n no paypal option so I took it as a sign lol
    Well considering you only get a giftcard back now when you return Paypal orders, it's probably best to not even use the Paypal option unless you're certain you're not going to return or of course you're fine with getting a giftcard and not a CC credit. Unless I'm buying restocks, I'm no longer using the Paypal option as I prefer to get money/credit back and not a giftcard/store credit.

    As for Fenty the foundation oxidized on me and it wasn't a better match than my YSL. I purchased the bodylava in Trophy Wife as I love body shimmer in spring/summer especially at the beach. During the sale I picked up a lipgloss but it was totally accident, I just tried it on just to be doing something and it complimented the lipstick I was wearing perfectly so I bought it. The smell is annoying but thankfully it doesn't linger too long. I checked out the new bronzers and wasn't impressed and went with my fav Becca bronzer but I did get the Fenty bronzer brush as I love the shape. The highlighters are very popular but I have highlighters like Chanel that I love and I'm not into highlighters enough to collect them.

    My sale haul was mostly hair products & Drunk Elephant. I'm really trying not to make Rouge again.
    Formally known as Purple Popcorn.

  7. Thanks Icecaramellatte thanked for this post
  8. #41975
    Senior Member fur4elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Little Big City (Grand Rapids), Michigan
    Posts
    3,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiKi Kontour View Post
    Unpopular Opinion: I am not a huge fan of Fenty stuff...
    Not unpopular, just real ~ I did not drink the Fenty kool-aid in full, either.

    I own a grand whopping total of 3 Fenty items: Killawatt Ginger Binge / Moscow Mule Duo, the LE Cosmic Gloss in Spacesuit and Hyper-Glitz Lipstick in Supermoon. At some point I may pick up the red Stunna Lip Paint...coz I am all about the reds...


    Foundation and concealer are such a tricky thing! I hear you on that. So, I don't sway from my EL Doublewear...and of late, I am just using a lighter shade of DW as a concealer too.
    Last edited by fur4elise; May 14th, 2019 at 07:10 AM.
    +*x
    positivity, patience & quiet persistence

    Be still my beating ~ I love it all!

  9. Likes Alysse011 liked this post
  10. #41976
    Senior Member ARmakeupjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    So this list went right out the window. Instead I grabbed:

    1. Violet Voss Hashtag- PRO Eyeshadow Palette
    2. Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation in 420
    3. Laneige Lip Glowy Balm in Pear
    4. Laneige Lip Glowy Balm in Peach
    5. Pat McGrath Matte Trance Lipstick in Antidote 207
    6. Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Subversive La Vie En Rose Eyeshadow Palette
    7. Fenty Pro Filt'r Mini Instant Powder in Nutmeg

    I am most disappointed in the Fenty foundation. I LOVE the concealer in 420. And while I can make it work, the foundation is a hint too red for me. In the foundation 410 is too light and 430 is too dark. The concealer is described as tan to deep skin with warm olive undertones. The foundation is described as tan to deep with warm undertones. I have very yellow undertones and never would have described my undertones as olive. I would love any suggestions for foundations as my last bottle of NARS Sheer Glow in Trinidad is about to finish.
    Have you ever tried Bobbi Brown foundations? The Skin Long-Wear Weightless I think is the most popular and has a decent shade range.

  11. Thanks DILLIGAF thanked for this post
    Likes DILLIGAF liked this post
  12. #41977
    Senior Member ARmakeupjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar & Spice View Post
    Well considering you only get a giftcard back now when you return Paypal orders, it's probably best to not even use the Paypal option unless you're certain you're not going to return or of course you're fine with getting a giftcard and not a CC credit. Unless I'm buying restocks, I'm no longer using the Paypal option as I prefer to get money/credit back and not a giftcard/store credit.

    As for Fenty the foundation oxidized on me and it wasn't a better match than my YSL. I purchased the bodylava in Trophy Wife as I love body shimmer in spring/summer especially at the beach. During the sale I picked up a lipgloss but it was totally accident, I just tried it on just to be doing something and it complimented the lipstick I was wearing perfectly so I bought it. The smell is annoying but thankfully it doesn't linger too long. I checked out the new bronzers and wasn't impressed and went with my fav Becca bronzer but I did get the Fenty bronzer brush as I love the shape. The highlighters are very popular but I have highlighters like Chanel that I love and I'm not into highlighters enough to collect them.

    My sale haul was mostly hair products & Drunk Elephant. I'm really trying not to make Rouge again.
    Thank you for the information. I didn't know that about returning Paypal orders and only getting a gc. I returned one of the items I purchased at my location SIJCP and they actually put the money back on the cc attached to my Paypal. That was fine with me because I reordered the item. I need to return another item that was broken so, hopefully they will do the same thing.

  13. Thanks Sugar & Spice thanked for this post
    Likes Sugar & Spice, elegant-one liked this post
  14. #41978
    Senior Member Icecaramellatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar & Spice View Post
    Well considering you only get a giftcard back now when you return Paypal orders, it's probably best to not even use the Paypal option unless you're certain you're not going to return or of course you're fine with getting a giftcard and not a CC credit. Unless I'm buying restocks, I'm no longer using the Paypal option as I prefer to get money/credit back and not a giftcard/store credit.

    As for Fenty the foundation oxidized on me and it wasn't a better match than my YSL. I purchased the bodylava in Trophy Wife as I love body shimmer in spring/summer especially at the beach. During the sale I picked up a lipgloss but it was totally accident, I just tried it on just to be doing something and it complimented the lipstick I was wearing perfectly so I bought it. The smell is annoying but thankfully it doesn't linger too long. I checked out the new bronzers and wasn't impressed and went with my fav Becca bronzer but I did get the Fenty bronzer brush as I love the shape. The highlighters are very popular but I have highlighters like Chanel that I love and I'm not into highlighters enough to collect them.

    My sale haul was mostly hair products & Drunk Elephant. I'm really trying not to make Rouge again.
    Thanks for the info on the PayPal returns. I had an issue with Bergdorf Goodman and paypal too recently. I only paid with paypal because I was sleepy and afraid I would put in the wrong info and it was the last day of the sale at BG. My order arrived damaged and I just called about and even exchange. They told me they would have started the return before I sent it back but couldn't because of the PayPal payment. It turned out to be an easy return and exchange but I just had to wait and I'm impatient. It would have been faster if I hadn't paid with PayPal. Yes. I have to think a bit more before I use paypal on sites.
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://www.instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/
    https://www.ebates.com/r/PINEA8?eeid=28187

  15. Likes Alysse011, Sugar & Spice, elegant-one liked this post
  16. #41979
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not into fenty either... swatched her stuff. meh... don't see anything wow about it. cheapy packaging average product. high end prices. thank you next

  17. Thanks fur4elise, shadowaddict thanked for this post
    Likes Alysse011, fur4elise, shadowaddict liked this post
  18. #41980
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has anyone tried cover fx blush duos?

  19. Thanks fur4elise thanked for this post
    Likes fur4elise liked this post
  20. #41981
    Senior Member shontay07108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    10,268
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    has anyone tried cover fx blush duos?
    Yes and everybody needs at least one. Pigmented as hell and smooth as butter.

  21. #41982
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i really like the peach and warm honey.

  22. Thanks fur4elise thanked for this post
  23. #41983
    Senior Member fur4elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Little Big City (Grand Rapids), Michigan
    Posts
    3,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    has anyone tried cover fx blush duos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    i really like the peach and warm honey.
    I have not but I have the two you list along with Spiced Cinnamon & the bronzer duos on my wish list
    +*x
    positivity, patience & quiet persistence

    Be still my beating ~ I love it all!

  24. Likes elegant-one liked this post
  25. #41984
    Senior Member Rinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested in those Cover FX duos now, thanks for mentioning them.
    Vist my nail blog Never Enough Nails
    Twitter and Instagram- @nvrenoughnails

    Sale Thread with low prices on LE MAC, NARS, UD, ColourPop, Illamasqua, etc.- https://www.specktra.net/for-sale-an...ml#post2761251

  26. #41985
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to find some reviews and swatches but no luck...

  27. Likes Rinstar liked this post
  28. #41986
    Senior Member Rinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't find any either. Found a few videos (which I hate) and fast forwarded to some sort of swatches. But I think I need real swatches to decide which to try
    Vist my nail blog Never Enough Nails
    Twitter and Instagram- @nvrenoughnails

    Sale Thread with low prices on LE MAC, NARS, UD, ColourPop, Illamasqua, etc.- https://www.specktra.net/for-sale-an...ml#post2761251

  29. Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  30. #41987
    Senior Member MaryJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    I was trying to find some reviews and swatches but no luck...
    Mel Thompson on You Tube reviewed some of the shades. I think she really like the peach palette.

  31. #41988
    Senior Member patentg33k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on the hunt for a summer base product.

    Does anyone know if Sephora carries a full-spectrum tinted sunscreen? Esp. if it has some physical sunscreen int here. I have the Drunk Elephant which does, but it's a little too dark.

  32. #41989
    Senior Member Alysse011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentg33k View Post
    I'm on the hunt for a summer base product.

    Does anyone know if Sephora carries a full-spectrum tinted sunscreen? Esp. if it has some physical sunscreen int here. I have the Drunk Elephant which does, but it's a little too dark.
    I believe Josie Maran, Supergoop, and Coola have them. I think they all are just one color though. Suntegrity isn't available at Sephora, but they have one that comes in multiple shades. They're on Dermstore, and Dermstore has 20% off right now. It's called Suntegrity 5 in 1 Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen.

  33. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka, JerseyGirl liked this post
  34. #41990
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentg33k View Post
    I'm on the hunt for a summer base product.

    Does anyone know if Sephora carries a full-spectrum tinted sunscreen? Esp. if it has some physical sunscreen int here. I have the Drunk Elephant which does, but it's a little too dark.
    It's pretty difficult to find ones that are not too dark and/or orange. I'm NC10-15 and I know you're not that much darker. I use EltaMD Physical SPF 41. They make others you might prefer although I'm not familiar with any that are lighter tints. I buy it from lovelyskin.com (if you order try code ELTAMDSPF). It's a bit dark for me but I live with it. It might work for you. How do you get the DE to work for you? The untinted Umbra looks ok on me and I'd love to use it but it sucks all the moisture out of my skin and by the end of the day my face feels so tight I'd swear it has shrink wrap on it.

    At Sephora you could try this Tarte:

    BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen - tarte | Sephora

    or maybe look at Shiseido?

    I use this Coola one sometimes but it's untinted and always OOS at Sephora online. I buy it from Ulta:

    Mineral Sun Silk Creme SPF 30 - COOLA | Sephora

    Their tinted matte one has very little titanium and zinc.
    Last edited by Winthrop44; May 21st, 2019 at 11:46 AM.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  35. Thanks patentg33k thanked for this post
    Likes patentg33k liked this post
  36. #41991
    Senior Member Mac-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Ville-Lumière
    Posts
    12,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentg33k View Post
    I'm on the hunt for a summer base product.

    Does anyone know if Sephora carries a full-spectrum tinted sunscreen? Esp. if it has some physical sunscreen int here. I have the Drunk Elephant which does, but it's a little too dark.
    Maybe mix DE Umbra with the regular one to get the tint that you want.
    PRO King of Blending

  37. Thanks patentg33k thanked for this post
    Likes JerseyGirl liked this post
  38. #41992
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentg33k View Post
    I'm on the hunt for a summer base product.

    Does anyone know if Sephora carries a full-spectrum tinted sunscreen? Esp. if it has some physical sunscreen int here. I have the Drunk Elephant which does, but it's a little too dark.
    LA ROCHE POSAY SPF 30 mineral tinted

  39. Thanks patentg33k thanked for this post
    Likes DMcG9, patentg33k liked this post
  40. #41993
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    LA ROCHE POSAY SPF 30 mineral tinted
    That only has titanium dioxide, so not full spectrum. Their untinted has both zinc & titanium.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  41. Likes patentg33k liked this post
  42. #41994
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post
    Maybe mix DE Umbra with the regular one to get the tint that you want.
    Mixing anything with a physical ss supposedly interferes with the intended dispersion of the minerals and has a negative effect on protection. Personally I can't understand why it's a big deal when you're mixing two ss that differ by just the iron oxides, BUT when I emailed SkinCeuticals about mixing their tinted/untinted mineral sunscreens, Physical Fusion (which is too dark for me) and Sheer Physical, which is pretty much the same situation, they gave me a very big lecture on how it was not okay.

    Do you use the DE ss and not find it sucks the moisture out of your skin?
    Last edited by Winthrop44; May 21st, 2019 at 06:52 PM.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  43. Likes patentg33k liked this post
  44. #41995
    Senior Member Mac-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Ville-Lumière
    Posts
    12,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    Mixing anything with a physical ss supposedly interferes with the intended dispersion of the minerals and has a negative effect on protection. Personally I can't understand why it's a big deal when you're mixing two ss that differ by just the iron oxides, BUT when I emailed SkinCeuticals about mixing their tinted/untinted mineral sunscreens, Physical Fusion (which is too dark for me) and Sheer Physical, which is pretty much the same situation, they gave me a very big lecture on how it was not okay.

    Do you use the DE ss and not find it sucks the moisture out of your skin?
    I meant mixing the DE Umbra Tinte with the Umbra Sheer. I use the tinted one on my face and the sheer one on my neck and down. During the winter months I mix both to customize for my face.

    I don't find the DE sunscreen too drying in comparison to other brands. I apply the C Serum, Protini, B-Hydra and a few drops of the Marula oil first and it keeps me pretty moist. It would probably be drying without another base. I love that it doesn't sting and goes so well with my make up. I wonder when DE will come out with an SPF 50 though.
    PRO King of Blending

  45. Likes patentg33k liked this post
  46. #41996
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post
    I meant mixing the DE Umbra Tinte with the Umbra Sheer. I use the tinted one on my face and the sheer one on my neck and down. During the winter months I mix both to customize for my face.

    I don't find the DE sunscreen too drying in comparison to other brands. I apply the C Serum, Protini, B-Hydra and a few drops of the Marula oil first and it keeps me pretty moist. It would probably be drying without another base. I love that it doesn't sting and goes so well with my make up. I wonder when DE will come out with an SPF 50 though.
    Yep, I know. I was saying that mixing DE Tinte + DE Umbra Sheer is the same concept as mixing SCPF + SCSP. I can picture mixing possibly being more problematic to dispersion of the minerals in a liquid formula like the Skinceuticals than in a cream formula like the DE, but I do respect Skinceuticals so decided to heed their warning on mixing any...even practically identical ...ss. They really had no ulterior motive to tell me not to when I was suggesting mixing two of their own products. Having already had one basal cell ca on my face I don't want to take chances and ideally prefer to stick with SPF 50 anyway. On Instagram DE has not been encouraging about coming out with an SPF 50 when people have asked. They used to tell people to mix everything under the sun with Umbra or Tinte until more recently when they said they did "internal testing" and all they can say is that 1 drop of D-Bronzi or one pump of C-Firma did not alter protection. Maybe they would still feel mixing Umbra + Tinte is ok but I haven't seen them actually say that on Instagram in quite awhile. It would be a good question for Nathan. I aim to keep my summer skin = my winter skin.

    I've tried a lot of different DE mixes under Umbra and still haven't come up with one that makes Umbra usable for me. I do still try from time to time when I know I won't be outside much, thinking I'll come up with some magical combo! LOL I guess I really haven't tried that much with C-Firma in the mix since I stopped that when I started A-Passioni. I really miss C-Firma because I felt like it was doing a lot more for me than A-Passioni (but I'm only at the 3 month mark with A-Passioni). I also detest the smell of the reformulated C-Firma, lol, but maybe I'll hold my nose and give it another try under Umbra. Thanks!
    Last edited by Winthrop44; May 22nd, 2019 at 07:49 AM.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  47. #41997
    Senior Member Mac-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Ville-Lumière
    Posts
    12,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    Yep, I know. I was saying that mixing DE Tinte + DE Umbra Sheer is the same concept as mixing SCPF + SCSP. I can picture mixing possibly being more problematic to dispersion of the minerals in a liquid formula like the Skinceuticals than in a cream formula like the DE, but I do respect Skinceuticals so decided to heed their warning on mixing any...even practically identical ...ss. They really had no ulterior motive to tell me not to when I was suggesting mixing two of their own products. Having already had one basal cell ca on my face I don't want to take chances and ideally prefer to stick with SPF 50 anyway. On Instagram DE has not been encouraging about coming out with an SPF 50 when people have asked. They used to tell people to mix everything under the sun with Umbra or Tinte until more recently when they said they did "internal testing" and all they can say is that 1 drop of D-Bronzi or one pump of C-Firma did not alter protection. Maybe they would still feel mixing Umbra + Tinte is ok but I haven't seen them actually say that on Instagram in quite awhile. It would be a good question for Nathan. I aim to keep my summer skin = my winter skin.

    I've tried a lot of different DE mixes under Umbra and still haven't come up with one that makes Umbra usable for me. I do still try from time to time when I know I won't be outside much, thinking I'll come up with some magical combo! LOL I guess I really haven't tried that much with C-Firma in the mix since I stopped that when I started A-Passioni. I really miss C-Firma because I felt like it was doing a lot more for me than A-Passioni (but I'm only at the 3 month mark with A-Passioni). I also detest the smell of the reformulated C-Firma, lol, but maybe I'll hold my nose and give it another try under Umbra. Thanks!
    Thanks for explaining. I guess that companies want to be on the safe side. However, it would also mean that layering different products would have a similar negative negative effect on the performance of sunscreen?!

    Personally, I don't mix DE Umbra with another skincare product as it would only dilute it. I mix all the other DE products though and I enjoy that I only have one single application. But sunscreen is always the last step.

    Is the C-Firma and A-Passioni together too much for your skin? If I had to choose one, I would go with C-Firma. I don't find A-Passioni very strong in comparison to Retin-A. Maybe you will see better results with A-Passioni if you use it more often - once your skin is accustomed to it. Sometimes more is less though, especially if you have sensitive skin.

    Too bad that DE is not too keen on SPF 50. I assume that it is more difficult to formulate (white cast, drying, etc.).
    PRO King of Blending

  48. Thanks Winthrop44 thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44, Alysse011 liked this post
  49. #41998
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post
    Thanks for explaining. I guess that companies want to be on the safe side. However, it would also mean that layering different products would have a similar negative negative effect on the performance of sunscreen?!

    Personally, I don't mix DE Umbra with another skincare product as it would only dilute it. I mix all the other DE products though and I enjoy that I only have one single application. But sunscreen is always the last step.

    Is the C-Firma and A-Passioni together too much for your skin? If I had to choose one, I would go with C-Firma. I don't find A-Passioni very strong in comparison to Retin-A. Maybe you will see better results with A-Passioni if you use it more often - once your skin is accustomed to it. Sometimes more is less though, especially if you have sensitive skin.

    Too bad that DE is not too keen on SPF 50. I assume that it is more difficult to formulate (white cast, drying, etc.).
    Exactly. They said they haven't come up with anything that looked or applied acceptably. I have been holding off on C-Firma because I've assumed it would be too much for my skin with A-Passioni, but I'm going to add it back at this point and see what happens.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  50. #41999
    Senior Member Alysse011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading these comments, I did some Googling about mixing sunscreens. It never really occurred to me that mixing SPF could be a problem. I have a tinted sunscreen and an untinted, and I have mixed them to achieve a lighter shade for me in the winter. I'll need to stop doing that, just to be safe. Apparently it's an issue of chemicals degrading the integrity of the sunscreen formula when/if mixed with something else.

    But I do wonder what that means for products applied on top. My dermatologist's advice is to wait about 10 minutes after applying sunscreen to apply any other base product, so that's what I do if I'm applying makeup on top. I guess that gives everything a chance to "settle" and makes the chances of reacting less?

  51. #42000
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysse011 View Post
    After reading these comments, I did some Googling about mixing sunscreens. It never really occurred to me that mixing SPF could be a problem. I have a tinted sunscreen and an untinted, and I have mixed them to achieve a lighter shade for me in the winter. I'll need to stop doing that, just to be safe. Apparently it's an issue of chemicals degrading the integrity of the sunscreen formula when/if mixed with something else.

    But I do wonder what that means for products applied on top. My dermatologist's advice is to wait about 10 minutes after applying sunscreen to apply any other base product, so that's what I do if I'm applying makeup on top. I guess that gives everything a chance to "settle" and makes the chances of reacting less?
    When it comes to physical sunscreens the idea is that you don't want to disturb the veil of minerals that cover your face...so mixing something into a formula that was designed with particle sizes and dispersion in a very particular way to achieve that coverage or smooshing foundation over the top and disturbing the veil/smearing it off is a problem. There are studies that people have posted on the MUA skin care board about this but since they messed up those boards with a redesign I wouldn't be able to find them atm (or maybe never, lol). Anyway the thought is to do what your derm suggested and then don't do a ton of buffing. Some people on the SCB just pat their makeup on top. I am not that careful but I do think about it and try to blend gently. If I can find any of that stuff on MUA I will come back to post it here.
    Last edited by Winthrop44; May 22nd, 2019 at 02:58 PM.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  52. Thanks Alysse011, JerseyGirl thanked for this post
    Likes Alysse011, Shars liked this post
  • Display all images
  • Page 1400 of 1402 FirstFirst ... 400 900 1300 1350 1390 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •