All Things Sephora

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  6,368
Likes Likes:  12,815

Thread: All Things Sephora

  1. #42061
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I swatched DP, and it showed up as light yet bright (if this makes any sense; think orange creamsicle) orange on my skin tone. Not a good look. I have trouble with these types of shades looking too orange on me.

    Most of the lighter colors do lean towards being peachy on my light skin.
    Huh!? That's not good for me. Get anything new that you are loving that you want to share
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  2. #42062
    Senior Member Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,203
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Huh!? That's not good for me. Get anything new that you are loving that you want to share
    I am trying to be good - buy less & use what I already have

    But (lol) I did make a Pat McGrath order for some of the new BlitzTrance lippies. I also got a few (ahem ) of the new Charlotte Tilbury lippies.

    I do like skinsane as well as in love with Olivia & jk magic. They all, however, pull peachy on my lips. I am currently playing with DP.

  3. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  4. #42063
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I am trying to be good - buy less & use what I already have

    But (lol) I did make a Pat McGrath order for some of the new BlitzTrance lippies. I also got a few (ahem ) of the new Charlotte Tilbury lippies.

    I do like skinsane as well as in love with Olivia & jk magic. They all, however, pull peachy on my lips. I am currently playing with DP.
    I have PMG Skinsane too, and ordered Emmanuelle today on the sale. Still just thinking about the CTs.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  5. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  6. #42064
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    I have PMG Skinsane too, and ordered Emmanuelle today on the sale. Still just thinking about the CTs.
    Do you love Skinsane on?
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  7. #42065
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Do you love Skinsane on?
    I like it a lot although it may be a tad too cool toned for me. On my lips it looks more mauve than it looks on Sabrina. Not sure if that's just my lips or not. PMG describes it as a "cool mauve with golden pearl". I think you would like it very much.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  8. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  9. #42066
    Senior Member Alysse011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swatched some of the new CT lipsticks for my friend the other day. I threw in Penelope Pink for reference.

    Inside the car:
    All Things Sephora-a4d73d79-8f07-4a75-b3c4-775be59c32ae-jpeg

    Outside in direct sunlight:
    All Things Sephora-4cf07a9d-8c5d-4174-a82f-b6d274b258a0-jpeg

    Outside in shade:
    All Things Sephora-54ed5863-4c8e-44d2-860b-999dd544652d-jpeg

  10. Thanks Winthrop44, elegant-one, shadowaddict thanked for this post
  11. #42067
    Senior Member Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,203
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    Did you try DP on your lips? It’s definitely pink once you have it on (at least it is on me). I agree about it being bright. I don’t usually wear pink lipstick but this is such a soft color that it works for me.
    I am happy to report that after playing with DP I actually like it on. On my lips it still leans peachy, but it is a nice peachy nude. For some reason (either my skin tone or body chemistry) almost all nude lipsticks turn peachy on me. The key is to find ones that turn a nice shade of peach vs orange creamsicle.

  12. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  13. #42068
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysse011 View Post
    I swatched some of the new CT lipsticks for my friend the other day. I threw in Penelope Pink for reference.

    Inside the car:
    All Things Sephora-a4d73d79-8f07-4a75-b3c4-775be59c32ae-jpeg

    Outside in direct sunlight:
    All Things Sephora-4cf07a9d-8c5d-4174-a82f-b6d274b258a0-jpeg

    Outside in shade:
    All Things Sephora-54ed5863-4c8e-44d2-860b-999dd544652d-jpeg
    JK looks nice in your pics.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  14. Likes Alysse011 liked this post
  15. #42069
    Senior Member Alysse011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    JK looks nice in your pics.
    I really like JK a lot. And the tube is so pretty, which I know doesn’t matter to a lot of people but it matters to me lol. It pulls very neutral on me. Angel Alessandra is quite peachy, and Dancefloor Princess is a cooler pink tone on my lips.

  16. Thanks Winthrop44, elegant-one, shadowaddict thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44, elegant-one, shadowaddict liked this post
  17. #42070
    Senior Member Sugar & Spice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Drunk Elephant just changed the ingredients with the Lala retro cream **screams** I'm not even going to bother trying the new version because I have a feelings it's going to break me out.

    Well let me go search for a new moisturizer smh.
    Formally known as Purple Popcorn.

  18. #42071
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysse011 View Post
    I really like JK a lot. And the tube is so pretty, which I know doesn’t matter to a lot of people but it matters to me lol. It pulls very neutral on me. Angel Alessandra is quite peachy, and Dancefloor Princess is a cooler pink tone on my lips.
    Thanks dear! That really helps.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  19. #42072
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    I like it a lot although it may be a tad too cool toned for me. On my lips it looks more mauve than it looks on Sabrina. Not sure if that's just my lips or not. PMG describes it as a "cool mauve with golden pearl". I think you would like it very much.
    It in my cart. Thanks!
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  20. #42073
    Senior Member JerseyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,666
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar & Spice View Post
    So Drunk Elephant just changed the ingredients with the Lala retro cream **screams** I'm not even going to bother trying the new version because I have a feelings it's going to break me out.

    Well let me go search for a new moisturizer smh.
    Oh no! I bought it for my daughter whose skin gets sensitive from her acne medicine. Do you know where I can find out more details?

  21. #42074
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    11,401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar & Spice View Post
    So Drunk Elephant just changed the ingredients with the Lala retro cream **screams** I'm not even going to bother trying the new version because I have a feelings it's going to break me out.

    Well let me go search for a new moisturizer smh.
    why don't you give it a shot before you decide it doesn't work for you?

  22. Thanks Winthrop44 thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  23. #42075
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar & Spice View Post
    So Drunk Elephant just changed the ingredients with the Lala retro cream **screams** I'm not even going to bother trying the new version because I have a feelings it's going to break me out.

    Well let me go search for a new moisturizer smh.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Oh no! I bought it for my daughter whose skin gets sensitive from her acne medicine. Do you know where I can find out more details?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    why don't you give it a shot before you decide it doesn't work for you?
    ^^What Monsy said! Not to worry. They just added a ceramide complex (3 ceramides, cholesterol and phytosphingosine which are needed for the ceramides to be incorporated by your skin). Great stuff. Ceramides are highly unlikely to cause any problems and will be beneficial for your skin barrier. That's literally the only change and they're not even that high up on the ingredient list. I plan to not even finish my old jar when my new one arrives! LOL

    Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream | Drunk Elephant
    Last edited by Winthrop44; July 10th, 2019 at 07:01 AM.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  24. #42076
    Senior Member Mac-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Ville-Lumière
    Posts
    12,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    ^^What Monsy said! Not to worry. They just added a ceramide complex (3 ceramides, cholesterol and phytosphingosine which are needed for the ceramides to be incorporated by your skin). Great stuff. Ceramides are highly unlikely to cause any problems and will be beneficial for your skin barrier. That's literally the only change and they're not even that high up on the ingredient list. I plan to not even finish my old jar when my new one arrives! LOL

    Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream | Drunk Elephant
    LOL. i just opened a jar - the old version. I will take me until winter to finish, but I am looking forward to trying the new version.
    PRO King of Blending

  25. Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  26. #42077
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post
    LOL. i just opened a jar - the old version. I will take me until winter to finish, but I am looking forward to trying the new version.
    You can get a free trial size at Sephora right now with code GOCLEAN and a $25 purchase. I got my full size this morning and love it.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  27. Thanks Mac-Guy thanked for this post
  28. #42078
    Senior Member Sugar & Spice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Oh no! I bought it for my daughter whose skin gets sensitive from her acne medicine. Do you know where I can find out more details?
    This is an insert from Drunk Elephant

    ***I’d like you to meet the new #LalaRetro… now with barrier-supportive ceramides! It’s #lalabutbetter. I believe there is always room for improvement, so when it occurred to me that ceramides needed a more prominent place in my line, instead of making a whole new product, I decided to add them to an already great one. I didn’t know I could like it more, but I do.

    If you think of skin cells as bricks, think of ceramides as the mortar holding them together. Ceramides are lipids that are naturally present in skin, but sun damage and age deplete them. They help form a protective layer that locks in hydration, helps maintain balance and protects against visible damage from environmental stressors. By giving them back to skin, we are feeding the surface barrier what it needs to protect itself and thrive. More hydrated, plumper, firmer-feeling skin is the result.

    Lala has a new tool in its tool kit, and one that can benefit all skin.***
    Formally known as Purple Popcorn.

  29. Thanks JerseyGirl thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  30. #42079
    Senior Member Sugar & Spice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    You can get a free trial size at Sephora right now with code GOCLEAN and a $25 purchase. I got my full size this morning and love it.
    I'm going to watch the reviews but I really hate the change and I thought that new moisturizer the Protini was suppose to be what this new Lala formula is for. I don't like the idea of just throwing ingredients into something, a substitute I can understand but I don't see the need to change the Lala formula when there is Protini. Also some people just want a basic moisturizer and nothing more which is why Lala was so popular as it's hard to find moisturizers that don't have a bunch of fillers.
    Formally known as Purple Popcorn.

  31. #42080
    Senior Member JerseyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,666
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar & Spice View Post
    So Drunk Elephant just changed the ingredients with the Lala retro cream **screams** I'm not even going to bother trying the new version because I have a feelings it's going to break me out.

    Well let me go search for a new moisturizer smh.
    I went to my local Sephora and they had plenty of the old LaLa still in stock. I bought 2 to have for now. If your store doesn’t have anymore and you want I don’t mind picking some up for you. I know how frustrating it is when you have sensitive skin.

  32. Thanks Sugar & Spice thanked for this post
    Likes Sugar & Spice liked this post
  33. #42081
    Senior Member Sugar & Spice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    I went to my local Sephora and they had plenty of the old LaLa still in stock. I bought 2 to have for now. If your store doesn’t have anymore and you want I don’t mind picking some up for you. I know how frustrating it is when you have sensitive skin.
    Awww thank you, you're so sweet! I have 2 backups from the rouge sale, so I'm okay for awhile. Thank you again!
    Formally known as Purple Popcorn.

  34. #42082
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar & Spice View Post
    I'm going to watch the reviews but I really hate the change and I thought that new moisturizer the Protini was suppose to be what this new Lala formula is for. I don't like the idea of just throwing ingredients into something, a substitute I can understand but I don't see the need to change the Lala formula when there is Protini. Also some people just want a basic moisturizer and nothing more which is why Lala was so popular as it's hard to find moisturizers that don't have a bunch of fillers.
    Protini and Lala (new or old) are completely different.

    Protini has a boatload of peptides (levels too high for some countries ‘ regulatory authorities) that are meant to stimulate collagen production.

    Lala is a basic moisturizer with various oils providing lipids that support the skin barrier. Ceramides are meant to strengthen the skin barrier, which is what Lala was always intended to do...so they are a perfect addition to the formula, not “fillers” at all. Lala is still very basic/bland with no actives, perfect for very sensitive skin.

    Ceramides are what the entire CeraVe line is built around. Besides fillers, ceramides are pretty much all that's in Cerave Moisturizing Cream in the tub, and you can’t get much more basic than CeraVe in the tub. The behentrimonium methosulfate in CeraVe breaks me out so I am thrilled to be able to get ceramides in a moisturizer that doesn’t have that crap! Loving the new Lala!

    Here is some info from Paula’s Choice

    ceramides | Paula's Choice

    and from the CeraVe web site

    What Are Ceramides? | CeraVe

    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Winthrop44; July 12th, 2019 at 06:08 PM.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  35. Thanks Sugar & Spice thanked for this post
    Likes Sugar & Spice liked this post
  36. #42083
    Senior Member Sugar & Spice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    Protini and Lala (new or old) are completely different.

    Protini has a boatload of peptides (levels too high for some countries ‘ regulatory authorities) that are meant to stimulate collagen production.

    Lala is a basic moisturizer with various oils providing lipids that support the skin barrier. Ceramides are meant to strengthen the skin barrier, which is what Lala was always intended to do...so they are a perfect addition to the formula, not “fillers” at all. Lala is still very basic/bland with no actives, perfect for very sensitive skin.

    Ceramides are what the entire CeraVe line is built around. Besides fillers, ceramides are pretty much all that's in Cerave Moisturizing Cream in the tub, and you can’t get much more basic than CeraVe in the tub. The behentrimonium methosulfate in CeraVe breaks me out so I am thrilled to be able to get ceramides in a moisturizer that doesn’t have that crap! Loving the new Lala!

    Here is some info from Paula’s Choice

    ceramides | Paula's Choice

    and from the CeraVe web site

    What Are Ceramides? | CeraVe

    Hope this helps!
    Yes I can't use Cerave which is what made me upset with Ceramides being added to Lala. I already know it's not going to work for me, then there are those that are not happy with the new texture and I live in a warm climate so from what's being said, it's more than likely not going to work well under foundation for me.
    Formally known as Purple Popcorn.

  37. Thanks JerseyGirl thanked for this post
  38. #42084
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar & Spice View Post
    Yes I can't use Cerave which is what made me upset with Ceramides being added to Lala. I already know it's not going to work for me, then there are those that are not happy with the new texture and I live in a warm climate so from what's being said, it's more than likely not going to work well under foundation for me.
    CeraVe breaks me out and I live in the hot, humid South and the new Lala is working just fine for me. I'm really not sure why you don't want to give it a chance but of course it's your choice -- I just know how hard it is to find new things with sensitive skin and IMO this is not going to change anyone's relationship with Lala unless they just want to break up with it. LOL
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  39. Thanks Sugar & Spice, JerseyGirl thanked for this post
    Likes Sugar & Spice liked this post
  40. #42085
    Senior Member Sugar & Spice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    CeraVe breaks me out and I live in the hot, humid South and the new Lala is working just fine for me. I'm really not sure why you don't want to give it a chance but of course it's your choice -- I just know how hard it is to find new things with sensitive skin and IMO this is not going to change anyone's relationship with Lala unless they just want to break up with it. LOL
    I might get a sample at some point before I completely rule it out but it still doesn't change the frustration with loving a product and knowing it's a staple for you, then BAM they change it. Of course not all changes are bad per say but it's still frustrating lol
    Formally known as Purple Popcorn.

  41. Thanks Winthrop44, JerseyGirl thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44, JerseyGirl liked this post
  42. #42086
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar & Spice View Post
    I might get a sample at some point before I completely rule it out but it still doesn't change the frustration with loving a product and knowing it's a staple for you, then BAM they change it. Of course not all changes are bad per say but it's still frustrating lol
    I hear you. With the gazillion things I’m sensitive to more often than not when something is changed it becomes a problem for me.

    Another article on ceramides:

    Why your skin desperately needs ceramides (possibly more than retinol)
    Last edited by Winthrop44; July 13th, 2019 at 09:32 AM.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  43. Thanks Sugar & Spice, JerseyGirl thanked for this post
  • Display all images
  • Page 1403 of 1403 FirstFirst ... 403 903 1303 1353 1393 1401 1402 1403

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •