15-pan palette storage.

mandirigma

This might be a dumb question, but I just upgraded to a traincase and I just want to be sure.

Is it safe to store 15-pan palettes upright (ie, like file folders) or does it make the eyeshadows more susceptible to breaking?

Thanks for any answers. :thumbsup:

asnbrb

well, let's put it this way:

If you decide to take out three (just a random number) palettes that day, you're leaving that much more space for the palettes to fall and jar against each other without something to hold it upright. If you're not careful and just let everything clank against each other, then you have the slim chance that they might jar loose slapping around in there. I say if you are careful and you replace the missing palettes with some sort of cushioning, than it should be okay.

Also, if you have any shadows that you have repaired with alcohol, I found that they are a little more prone to breakage. My poor mulch only needs a wee bit of jarring come loose at this point.

saniyairshad

15 pan palettes are secure in traincases. dont shake it around too much ofcourse but otherwise they're a good bet

MiCHiE

I was just thinking about this. There was a great makeup travel thread that showed how to pack quads and so forth....Anyway, the idea was to layer some tissue on top of the shadows, fold the lid down and go. I'm gonna do this for my road trip next month.

TIERAsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?MiCHiE?
I was just thinking about this. There was a great makeup travel thread that showed how to pack quads and so forth....Anyway, the idea was to layer some tissue on top of the shadows, fold the lid down and go. I'm gonna do this for my road trip next month.

what a GREAT idea. i'll definetly use this for travel this summer!!

littleinkpot

You can buy sheets of foam (thin sheets) that can be cut to size. I have black sheets (they match the palette lol) and they keep my shadows pretty safe. I'll be taking two 15 palettes to Europe for two months so I'm curious to see how they hold up.

erine1881

yes, you can store them upright like file folders. i would stand them up width-wise, and not height-wise. i have mine in a photo storage box, and have had them standing up for years, with no breakage or other issues.

starangel2383

i keep mine flat, because i dont want to take any chances of anything coming loose, especially those shadows that i have depotted and put in the palette.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by starangel2383
i keep mine flat, because i dont want to take any chances of anything coming loose, especially those shadows that i have depotted and put in the palette.

as long as you put a magnet on the bottom of your depotted shadows, they'll be safe. they'll be as safe as the pro pans that you would normally buy. if you don't put a magnet on the bottom, you're risking damage to them no matter what you do, not just how you store them.

Latest posts