1st Speeding Ticket

Jennifer Mcfly

Man, on my way to work this morning I got pulled over. It's my first ticket in 4 years and my first ever speeding ticket. I was all prepared to buy some Lure goodies this weekend and buy some stuff for my new pup but that's all gone to hell now! I'm glad I have a second job b/c that's what's going to pay for this lovely $182 ticket!
UGH.

Can you imagine how much MAC I could've bought with $182!!!!

Dammit!

koolmnbv

I hate that!!! Im sorry I always feel so bad for ppl. when I see them getting pulled over b/c I know how bad I hate it! Whenever I get a ticket and I know it doesnt have to be paid for like 60-90 days or w/e I will get a jar and put it in my kitchen or like someplace i have to look at it all the time and put all loose change and $1's and like even some $5's in it and then maybe once a week I will stick a $10 in there and I instruct any1 that comes in to empty there loose change and $1's (if they will lol) and it will build up pretty fast you would be surprised. And even if it doesnt total the $182 it will cut out a good chunk for ya! Im sorry to hear about your ticket!

Jennifer Mcfly

^ that's a great idea! Thanks! I'm gonna do that. I'm going to do the online traffic school so I don't get points and my insurance doesn't go up, so I know I've got some time to save! Thanks again for the tips. I have a cool glass jar at home that will be perfect for this!
smiles.gif

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
Man, on my way to work this morning I got pulled over. It's my first ticket in 4 years and my first ever speeding ticket. I was all prepared to buy some Lure goodies this weekend and buy some stuff for my new pup but that's all gone to hell now! I'm glad I have a second job b/c that's what's going to pay for this lovely $182 ticket!
UGH.

Can you imagine how much MAC I could've bought with $182!!!!

Dammit!

WHAAATTT??? YOU'RE GOING TO PAY THE TICKET!!!! NO NO NO...Plead Not Guilty. On the back, they give you an option to either pay the ticket, or plead NG....The federales will always tell you just to pay it..OF COURSE THEY WILL!!!! If you plead NG, send the ticket in. They will mail you a date to appear before the Public Pretender (Defender, lol) or another person that strictly handles the traffic section (if it's a bigger city). Just go in there and tell them you were running late for work, and you didn't realize you were going that fast. 9x's outta 10, they'll either reduce the ticket CONSIDERABLY, or they'll nollie the ticket (dismiss it, that is). I've done this a few times, and I've ALWAYS gotten out of them.

Besides the money for the ticket, each and every traffic offense you get gives you "points" on your license (and these aren't the good points, either)...these takes years to go away, and insurance companies look at this when deciding whether or not to insure you (you never know when you'll want to switch your insurance). Also, many prospective employers look at license "points", and won't hire you if you have over a certain amnt. If you plead NG to the ticket, you most likely won't end up w/ all those points on your license.

Take it from me, girl...DON'T JUST "PAY" THAT TICKET!!!!! Most people don't know how the "system" works, and they just pay their tickets...that's what the po-lice count on!!!!

Juneplum

www.theticketclinic.com i got ticketed for speeding
th_rolleye0014.gif
ON CHRISTMAS EVE.. i was so pissed cos i've NEVER gotten a ticket and i KNOW i wsn't speeding.. anyway, they took care of it. no points, nada! it costs about $70 and your record remains clean
greengrin.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
www.theticketclinic.com i got ticketed for speeding
th_rolleye0014.gif
ON CHRISTMAS EVE.. i was so pissed cos i've NEVER gotten a ticket and i KNOW i wsn't speeding.. anyway, they took care of it. no points, nada! it costs about $70 and your record remains clean
greengrin.gif

Ha, I remember all those radio commercials for the ticket clinic when I lived in Ft. Laud!!! Yeah, I'm gonna do online traffic school, it's reduces the price of the ticket and you don't get points and they can't raise your insurance.
I may plead not guilty but I don't have alot of free time to spend in court. and this is my first ticket, i have no points on my license so I'm okay. Considering it's my first ticket in 6 years...

thanks for all the tips girls!!
smiles.gif

Juneplum

don't plead guilty!!! traffic school also shows up on your record so i wouldn't do that either jen
nonono.gif
greengrin.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

bump bump bo-ing bo-ing! i feel like a chicken without a head! decisions decisions! you girls are driving (ha, the irony) me crazy!!
rofl.gif

smiles.gif

hyperRealGurl

Tickets suck ass, i got a ticket on this past monday.... yep going 75mph in a 55mph zone so i know how u feel gurl

Jennifer Mcfly

for the time being i'm going to request a 60 day extention. i don't know why the heck i'm so confused as to what i want to do about it. argh.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
for the time being i'm going to request a 60 day extention. i don't know why the heck i'm so confused as to what i want to do about it. argh.

haha just tell them to bend over and kiss ur tizzzAss lol okay im joking dont do that hehehe, not sure what u can do i still have to call to find out how much my ticket is... kinda scary

a914butterfly

i'd say plead not quilty cause it will give you some extra time to pay and they might even reduce the ticket. i say that 180.00 is alot? why was it so much?

kaliraksha

at least where i live i think its like 90-100 for the base ticket and 10 dollars for every mile you were going over =(

feebee

I hate to sound mean but if you were caught speeding you were caught speeding.... i dont think you should lie and try to get out of it
ssad.gif

The speed limits are there for a reason, you only have to look at the number of deaths on the roads to see why.

likeomgsteffduh

OH NO! A speeding ticket! Women are crazy drivers and trust me hon that is not a bad thing at all. I hope you tried to flirt your way out of the ticket! Hahahaha.
greengrin.gif

Jaim

That sucks!! Good luck with the ticket.

If I ever get a ticket it will be for going too slow. Hahaha.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebee
I hate to sound mean but if you were caught speeding you were caught speeding.... i dont think you should lie and try to get out of it
ssad.gif

The speed limits are there for a reason, you only have to look at the number of deaths on the roads to see why.

I never said I was going to "lie" my way out of it...
and I never said I didn't take full responsibility for my actions.

what I was asking here was how to go about taking care of the ticket b/c I've never gotten a speeding ticket before. I was simply asking if I should just pay the ticket and take the points since I've never had a ticket before or if I should go to traffic school. Someone else mentioned the ticket clinic and I did entertain it b/c sometimes you are not soley at fault. Like if there are not signs posted stating that the speed limit is going to be reduced and so forth. also, when pleading not guilty when you send your ticket in, when you go to court you have the option before the judge to plead no contest which basically means you acknowledge that you are guilty w/o pleading guilty and the judge gives you whatever penalty he wants (which is usually better then the original ticket.)

i don't think you sounded mean, but i do think you sounded ignorant b/c your facts weren't straight; you assumed something and put words into my mouth. i never said i had a problem with speed limits so your preaching on why not to speed was unwaranted.

Latest posts