227 Large Fluff Brush - Real or fake?

stingray

New MAC Cosmetic 227 Large Fluff Brush *SpecialShipping on eBay, also Other Brushes, Applicators, Beauty Tools, Makeup, Health Beauty (end time 13-Apr-08 04:29:09 BST)

I'm a bit confused here as this one has a curvy bit on the end of the ferrule but I've seen others in the past with straight bit on the end of the ferrule...

Both that I've seen have both had sleeves with bar codes too.

Would anyone know if the 227 should have straight or curvy ferrules? The listing claims it's made in France.

Mrschloe

Mine has almost straight ferrules. Looks like that one but you shoud be careful and try to buy from someone with better feedback!

stingray

Thanks for that re the straight ferrule. Did you get yours on eBay or at MAC?

This seller guarantees it's authentic, but I always hate it when they turn the bar code on the underside so that one can't see it, which makes me suspicious for starters!

I checked the feedback in Negative/Neutral Feedback received by ww120iq, and one's a neg for a faulty thermostat and the other's a neutral for a faulty shadestick, both of which are things that could happen to any seller?

I wasn't really interested in that particular brush as I was more interested in one I'd seen with a straight ferrule (sold now and I don't have the link anymore to compare) in case it came up for sale again.

Mrschloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray
Thanks for that re the straight ferrule. Did you get yours on eBay or at MAC?

This seller guarantees it's authentic, but I always hate it when they turn the bar code on the underside so that one can't see it, which makes me suspicious for starters!

I checked the feedback in Negative/Neutral Feedback received by ww120iq, and one's a neg for a faulty thermostat and the other's a neutral for a faulty shadestick, both of which are things that could happen to any seller?

I wasn't really interested in that particular brush as I was more interested in one I'd seen with a straight ferrule (sold now and I don't have the link anymore to compare) in case it came up for sale again.

I bought mine on ebay from seller cosmeticland0 and love it.

Don''t stress about it! If you like it, if you see it dosen't shed and does the job well keep it! as I said it looks like mine.

stingray

Thanks
smiles.gif

I guess my thing is principle and I suppose I'd rather have a genuine brush than a very good fake even if it seems as good as the genuine one.

I just looked at cosmeticland0 and they've got 44 negs!
icon_eek.gif
Mostly for bad communication and non-delivery.

Latest posts