2nd Day Hair Better?

Fiddlist

I have wavy to semi-curly hair. When I wash it and straighten it out it seems like that first day I can never get it to do what I want it to do...or get that 'sleek' look. But then, the next morning, it always looks so sleek and just fabulous!

But then I work out in the mornings, etc. and I have to wash it again before anyone sees my 'good looking' hair...and it's the whole cycle over again.

Anyone else go through this? And are there any products that help your hair look 'sleek' on that first day?

~Jenee'

jasper17

Wish I could help ya - mine always looks better the second day, too - unless it's the dat after I get it cut - then it looks awful.

so_siqqq

The best way to ensure your hair will look smooth/sleek is to blowdry it with a nozzle and paddle brush. I usually towel dry my hair, put 1-2 pumps of Redken Heat Glide onto my hair, and blowdry with a paddle brush. Then you can staighten it with a flat iron (make sure to use a heat protection product on your hair!) and finish with a hair serum. It should stay smooth/sleek for the day.

Peaches

My hair always sucks on the first day. And some of the second day too. I put in SO much conditioners, moisturisers, etc and it still has a hissy fit.
ssad.gif

Fiddlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_siqqq
Then you can staighten it with a flat iron (make sure to use a heat protection product on your hair!) and finish with a hair serum. It should stay smooth/sleek for the day.

what kind of heat protection and hair serum do you use? i use a flat iron sometimes, but I've never used heat protection.

TIERAsta

i've never used a heat protectant either, but i saw commercials for one from loreal and one from tresemme. they're on my wishlist. but as far as trying to get the sleek/shiny look, i use biosilk and clinique healthy shine serum.

so_siqqq

The hair serum I use is ARTec's Shine & Frizz Repair. It's a really good hair serum because it doesn't make hair look oily and it makes dry hair look quite healthy. As for heat protection I use Matrix's Sleek.Look Iron Smoother. The key to using this is not spritzing too much product because if you do the hair gets a sticky feeling.

Fiddlist

I just picked up some heat protector at Sally's Beauty Supply earlier today. I'm going to try it tomorrow and see how it works out.

(Oh, what women do for great hair! hehe)

~J

Pink_minx

You should try that new Loreal Studio Line "straight" and Citre SHine Fresh Fusion. After washing your hair towel dry your hair and apply the citre shine spray all over it suppose to repair, moisturize, and protect then the Loreal cream all over and then blow dry it straight then straighten it with a flat iron. This cream also protects your hair from heat styling. I love this product!

Then... after your done styling use the Citre Shine MIST spray laminator. Then your hair is soft and shiny.
smiles.gif

jennie2516

This also happens to me. I use bumble and bumble Sumo Tech - its virtually identical to Jonathan product "Dirt" which is supposed to make your hair feel like it does the day after you wash it. I would suggest trying one of these.

MACreation

I used Sebastian HEat PRotrection Spray, right before i blow dry and before i straighten, it works miracles on my frizzy crazy out of control just washd hair
smiles.gif

Latest posts