blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmyshimmyya
What can I do to fully move past this for good and move on with my life?

Well. Start by reading over your entire post. You obviously have enough of a conscience to know that you deserve better! I mean, just read over what you wrote - hes a loser! Its not worth your time.

You're obviously better then that, and a nice person, and you deserve someone equally as good.

To keep your mind off of it - first of all, tell yourself that you deserve better, and from your post, you know in your heart that you do. And then focus on more positive things.

cupcake_x

First of all, you go girl!!

The only advice I can give you is have you time. Exercise, read good books. In fact, read "It's called a break-up because it's broken". You guys didn't exactly date, but it still gives you amazing advice about how to move forward with your life. I read it and it helped me get over a few break-ups.

Remind yourself why he's no good. He sounds like an ass! I'm impressed you decided to kick him to the curb.

I wish you the best!

moopoint

Good for you! Time heals all pain, tattoos, broken bones, and yes, broken hearts. Keep yourself busy and you'll feel loads better.

TISH1124

Good for you
th_DANCE.gif
We have to demand respect and love ourselves enough not to ever settle for less!! TIME is the only thing that will get you thru this..it will be hard but just take it one day at a time....I hope you find a man that really deserves you!! Good For you girl!!! Ditch the zero and find you a hero!!

Aremisia

^
Time is really the only thing that will really help you move on. My coping strategies in the meantime are to exercise, get out and about, pamper yourself a little, and stay in touch with any girlfriends you have. (Spectra definitely counts!) The book cupcake_x recommended is amazing, as is "he's just not that into you" by the same authors.

Amazon.com: It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy: Greg Behrendt, Amiira Ruotola-Behrendt: Books

I am so proud of you for recognizing the fact that you deserve better than he was willing to provide for you!

shimmyshimmyya

Thanks again for all the support!

I think I'm gonna take up everyone's advice!

The first thing I'm doing is limiting my time on Facebook & Myspace. I deleted him but I could look at his profiles if I wanted to and that will probably make me want to "stalk" LOL and that would just be counterproductive ya know?

I'm eating better, working out, hanging out w/ friends and doing all that I can do to be a better person so I can be ready for that right person to come along.

@TISH I saw Steve Harvey on Tyra! That looked like a good book! I'm gonna get it!!!

cupcake_x

^I actually did that once when trying to get over someone and it just made it a 1,000 times WORSE. I can't stress enough how e-stalking him will just reverse the process.

L1LMAMAJ

I'm glad you did it because you deserve the best! If he can't even do something as simple as return your phone calls in a timely manner, it's just a reflection of his character and how much he doesn't care about making this work. I had some issues with my ex bf when we were together. He always misplaced his phone and would never charge it when it died so I was hardly ever able to reach him. Then like 5 days later, he'd email me or something and tell me "oops I lost my phone" or "oops I lost my charger" in a nonchalant way. He didn't even know I was freaking out.

Don't worry, you will find someone that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. The hardest part is over. I'm glad you were able to see this and break it off before it dragged on. Cuz you know, dragging it on will just make things much more complicated and also prolong the healing process. Good luck!

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
First of all, you go girl!!

The only advice I can give you is have you time. Exercise, read good books. In fact, read "It's called a break-up because it's broken". You guys didn't exactly date, but it still gives you amazing advice about how to move forward with your life. I read it and it helped me get over a few break-ups.

Remind yourself why he's no good. He sounds like an ass! I'm impressed you decided to kick him to the curb.

I wish you the best!

LOVE THAT BOOK!
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

kaliraksha

Oh yay, I was so secretly hoping you would send him packing! Good for you! I agree with everyone else... invest time in yourself, keep away from the e-stalking and with a little time you'll be on your way towards a guy who seizes a good opportunity when he sees one.

blazeno.8

Yeah, men like that suck.

I'd say acknowledge the good times you have, but give it as much weight as the bad times. Other than that, reading over the way you viewed certain situations will help at some point, but the best cure of all in this case is time.

snowflakelashes

Shimmy - Congrats on Deciding to break free
smiles.gif
I know its hard trust me. You'll do great. It's spring, and soon summer, enjoy the season, sunshine makes EVERYTHING easier to cope with. Enjoy the weather, do things with your friends, It will get easier
smiles.gif

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmyshimmyya
What can I do to fully move past this for good and move on with my life?

give it time. you did the right thing, just be patient and someone else will come along and take your mind off things, whether it be a new friend or romantic interest.
smiles.gif

foxxylatina07

I'm glad you finally got rid of him. Your time and company is too precious to go to waste (even though I don't know you but still.) Give yourself some you time and you'll know what you want in a relationship. Read those books they might help and give you insight too. I wish you the best of luck and don't worry you'll find yourself a really great guy who will appreciate you and make all the time in the world for you because you're worth it. (I should know because it happened to me and now I'm married to him and have a beautiful baby girl with him. LOL)
yes.gif

Latest posts