a dream job for someone, just not me...

rouquinne

dear fellow Specktra-ites!

the Lauder Corporation is looking for an Account Executive for Southwestern Ontario. the job is advertised in today's edition of the London Free Press and requires that you live in London, Ontario.

i would apply, but they want 3 years minimum of field account experience, which i don't have. and you would also have to drive to cover the area you would be responsible for which, and i'm guessing here, would go from Windsor up to London, Kitchener-Waterloo, and possibly Hamilton-Burlington.

in addition to no sales experience, i also never learned how to drive!

cry.gif

let me also give a plug to living in London - it is a small city (about 350,000 population), but it's only 2 hours away from Toronto and you could certainly afford to own your own house with a decent-sized property. (for example, i went to an open house earlier this afternoon and the lot size was 35 by 165!!!) however, i must admit that the winters are snowy and the summers hot.

if i had a driver's license, i'd apply in a heartbeat, but i don't.

so maybe this is an opportunity for one of you???

you can find the ad on the newspaper website:

London Free Press

look in Classifieds, Employment, Management/Professional.

good luck to those of you who apply.

and if you'll be new to London when you get the job, at least you'll know ME!!!

greengrin.gif

Meryl

Why do they require the person to live in London, I wonder? Does Lauder have a big office there?

That's a lot of driving. I wouldn't want to drive in the snowy Hamilton-Burlington area in the winter time anyway.

rouquinne

i think they might have a warehouse here since they say that knowing how to use a computer program called DataWarehouse would be an asset.

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
That's a lot of driving. I wouldn't want to drive in the snowy Hamilton-Burlington area in the winter time anyway.

uggghhh I do it everyday and have been for the last 4 years.
I must be nuts
th_dunno.gif

HOTasFCUK

I think a lot of MAC and Estee Lauder products are made in London, Ontario. I think if you look on an item or even the box, it says London there!

rouquinne

i think the manufacturing facility is in Markham.

the London they refer to on the packaging is London, England. you can tell by the postal code.

Latest posts