A drugstore vibrating mascara? No way!

BBJay

So word in the blogosphere is that Maybelline is coming out with a vibrating mascara similar to the likes of the Lancome and Estee Lauder variety but half the price($14.99). It's set to come out this July and I am ridiculously excited.
I just about jizzed in my pants. Is any one else as big as a mascara dork as I am?

coachkitten

That sounds super cool! I have not yet wanted to pay the $30+ dollars for a vibrating mascara in the department stores. This sounds really cool and I like maybelline mascaras. I will for sure get this!

kaliraksha

Yeah, I'm excited because I can try the technology on the cheap. No offense, but I feel I can vibrate my own mascara wand for $30+.

swaly

This is one of the few newfangled beauty technologies that I just don't get. There is no way that a motor that small and inexpensive could possibly have some kind of super-frequency mascara-distributing vibration pattern that would smoothly and effortlessly spread a millimicron-thick layer of mascara on your lashes or whatever. Is there some catch I'm missing?

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaly
This is one of the few newfangled beauty technologies that I just don't get. There is no way that a motor that small and inexpensive could possibly have some kind of super-frequency mascara-distributing vibration pattern that would smoothly and effortlessly spread a millimicron-thick layer of mascara on your lashes or whatever. Is there some catch I'm missing?

The only 'catch' that you're missing is that the good folks at L'Oreal (who own both Lancome and Maybelline btw) most likely sit down every couple of months and think "Hmmm... what is going to be our next mascara 'innovation' that we can launch, tout as the best mascara yet, sell millions of, only to replace it with a new 'best-ever mascara' in another three months?"
tong.gif

LMD84

pinkiecharm on youtube did a review and basically said it sucked! the vibrator didn't work all the time and when it did it was only at one end. PLus she said the formula of the mascara wasn't hot either.

sad because i wanted to try this! but now i shall save my cash!

Visual Edge

I know the vibrating mascara seems gimmicky but I have the estee lauder turbolash and I adore it. It really does apply smoothly but its ability to seperate is what really makes me it a winner for me. I can really layer this stuff on and its soooo easy to apply. I dont know how the mascara would be without the vibration but it's honestly fanastic for volume and seperation.

I'll probably pick up the drugstore one just to see how it compares.

SmokeSignal16

I have had this mascara since they had it for one day only back in May or June I can't remember, I really do like it! I used the Lancome one and enjoyed it well, but honestly I like the Maybelline one better. My motor and stuff worked fine for me but I think it's worth looking into. My lashes look all nice and pretty when I use this, it gives me some good length!

SmokeSignal16

Oh yeah I forgot to add on, wait until Lancome launches their Vibrating Mineral Makeup in September or Octoberish (yes you read right VIBRATING MINERAL MAKEUP!) then we'll see who jumps on that bandwagon lol

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Oh yeah I forgot to add on, wait until Lancome launches their Vibrating Mineral Makeup in September or Octoberish (yes you read right VIBRATING MINERAL MAKEUP!) then we'll see who jumps on that bandwagon lol

What!?! Is the vibration supposed to give a airbrushed effect? I can't see why I would want a vibrating foundation or blush but we'll see.
smiles.gif

SmokeSignal16

Yeah one of the girls at my job saw it already and said it worked really well. It's Oscillation Minerale Makeup or something like that name lol. It looks almost dead on like MAC's Mineralize Loose Foundation mineral makeup except the applicator vibrates and 'buffs' the powder into your skin for you. I'm thinking 'Really, are we that lazy now to have a vibrating mineral makeup?!' lol

LMD84

it does seem like they think we're too tired or lazy to pick up ourkabukis and buff them on our skin ourselves!
tong.gif
i will not be jumping on that bandwagon!
tong.gif

RedRibbon

I'm too scared to have something vibrating this close to my eye so I won't be getting it. My cousin picked it up from America and she said it was crapola.

Seems to me that when the high street tries to copy high end, they get it so so wrong.

Latest posts