A little misogyny, on the rocks.

Makeup Emporium

OMG...are you kidding me?? Are we in the dark ages...seriously...this add campaign sucks!
angry.gif

Simply Elegant

How good would that girl feel about herself after this? I know she did it willingly but still.. Besides, not all men look close to perfect like the ad seems to imply.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Men are not marketed to like this. I am sick of adds that tear down women for no reason. I am letting my dollar talk, it's one of the only voices companies listen to. There are plenty of rums out there to chose from. Ad fail.

Disturbingly enough, I believe this is actually targeted at women, not men (there are a few comments on there that indicate it, e.g. the one about being able to wear a bikini without working out due to the ugly girlfriend).

I work in marketing (used to be for a beverage company too, funnily enough) and if an agency ever pitched this idea to me I'd tell them HELL NO... First of all because it's so polarising to the consumer.. second because it's not actually funny... and third because it's just wrong!!

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
darn i cant get the link to work.

The link doesn't work anymore...I wonder if it was pulled??
thmbup.gif

gigglegirl

oooh maybe. I was able to google and see a screenshot, but woulda liked to see all what the other specktrettes could see.

still sounds skeevy, but if I do consume alcohol (too many wasted cals for me atm) then it won't be Bacardi.

Latest posts