About Forever 21-- Help!!!

hhunt2

Here's the dilemma...

My husbands cousins and friends are coming into town. I don't go "clubbin" or "bar hoppin" b/c that's not my thing (people that I know that go clubbin are my ex's or my former friends who don't take life seriously... sorry if I offend anyone). BUT... my in-law-cousins are taking me to a bar/lounge.
So today I will go shopping for an outfit! I usually shop at H&M (always office clothes plus they have a range of sizes), and I USED to shop at Forever 21...

Tell me why Forever 21 has limited sizes???
XS,S,M,L-- the hip size of Large is 39-40. I just measured myself, and I'm larger than a 40. I have an okay body... not thin, not fat. Just in the middle. But why does Forever 21 stop at a Large?

P.S: I know Wet Seal & Charlotte Russe is labeled for "teens". But Forever 21 is labeled towards "women".

kimmy

i don't know why. what i do know is that i love forever21 simply because they carry xs and not many places do that anymore. maybe you could order online? they usually have a wider range of styles and sizes online than in stores.

l1onqueen

I can only get tops there. Im "draggin' alot of wagon" myself, and I stopped trying on this places pants awhile ago. It only makes you mad.

infernalmachine

forever 21 is marketed more towards the youngish crowd. i don't know a whole lot about what stores are available to you in the states, but heck, mossimo at target looks like a nice bet. we don't get mossimo up here in canada
ssad.gif

sofabean

yeah i did notice that also. their sizing is a little wonky even within different kinds of shirts. their button up dress shirt larges are more like a really big small, and kinda small medium.

pat

Yeah.. You'd be lucky to find a xl at Forever 21. I don't shop there b/c I can't fit the sizes, but hell if I was medium or large I'd go for it.

Just recently, I shopped at Charlotte Russe and their large fits me..

If you want go and look at Target. They have hella cute clothes for every occasion.

hhunt2

So I went to Wet Seal this past Saturday to look for a nice, simple black dress to wear (to a lounge/bar). I was really happy to find Wet Seal has XL, and the Large fits great.

I used to shop at Wet Seal many years ago, but I thought I'd give it a shot this time. If you google Wet Seal, it says for "teens & young women", as well as Forever 21. So I guess Wet Seal is my new fav store. Forget Forever 21. lol

cupcake_x

I know my forever 21 clothes have run a little bigger and have some stretch to them, if that helps.

I'm a size M and all the clothes in size M are nice and loose.

MzEmo

i used to go the forever just for their tops b/c their pants NEVER fit me which is why i stopped going. i go to H&M now for pants. i think forever is more of a teen/young adult type of clothing. H&M is more sophisticated. i preffer h&m over forever 21 anyday

sherox

I used to work at forever 21 n they rarely get XL and when they do it's 1 or 2 out of the whole batch. I asked my managers why they didn't carry bigger sizes but they didn't have an answer. I think it's because they're geared towards the younger crowd.

mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0NEYLOVE
i think they dont want big people to wear their cloths!
angry.gif

I doubt its that, its probably from a business point of view, larger sizes use more fabric and since it is marketed towards a younger crowd its just not a wise choice to be stocking up on the xls.

rachybloom

They're just a cheapo brand anyway.. I only buy fun, trendy items (which are usually tops and sometimes dresses) and buy my pants at Nordstrom or Banana Republic or something. I'm a pretty small girl, size 2/4 depending on the store, but sometimes I have a hard time fitting into their bottoms. Even a large is too tight in my ba-donk-a-donk (but my booty is pretty big haha..) I just don't take it too seriously since their clothes are so poorly made that they don't pay any attention to fit, so obviously, their sizes are NOT standard at all.

Latest posts