Am I the only one that HATES dealing with her skin??

funkychik02

I can spend an hour on my makeup, but when it comes to skincare? I can't be bothered! I would rather scrub the kitchen floor with a tooth brush, but my skin goes crap without care! What's a lazy girl to do?!
th_dunno.gif

LMD84

maybe a 2 in 1 product would be good for you. i quite like the clarins cleanser and toner in one... it's orange in colour. this also does a good job of taking off make up that i miss!

or you can get some wipes which are a cleanser and toner and even have some moisturiser in which would be good. however if you have dry skin you may need an actual moisturiser too

Mabelle

is it because you find skincare boring? or you dont know where to start?

sephora is launching the "skincare crusade" because like you, many women cant bebothered with their skincare routine. There will be a skincare challenege with rewards. Youll be given a card, and for every skincare item you purchase of 20 USD youll be given a stamp. After 4 stamps you get a free fullsized product (within those they have selected to give away). The idea is to get people started on a good routine. Cleanse, treat, moisturize, and protect. There will also be a new Skincare solutions wall in every sephora which will make it easier for everyone to figure out. Sry, had my meeting about it last night.

But seriously, it is important to take care of your skin. Your foundations and powders will go on easier. You might find you no longer need to wear foundation at all, tinted moirturizer might be enough for you. Eye creams will help your eyes look more awake and youthful and will make your makeup go on easier. With the right treatments skin will appear brighter, more toned. You can prevent wrinkles, soften expression lines. Why wouldn't you, ya know?
Before i worked for sephora i didnt know much about skincare, and didnt care. Since ive started to work their i started to sample everything, and ive found some products that have changed my skin and make me feel so confident. I've evened out my skintone, so i dont feel i need to wear foundation whenever i leave the house. My skin is even kinda glowy which is nice. I've also found products that are actually fun, like most of the masks i use.

What kind of skin do you have?

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
maybe a 2 in 1 product would be good for you. i quite like the clarins cleanser and toner in one... it's orange in colour. this also does a good job of taking off make up that i miss!

or you can get some wipes which are a cleanser and toner and even have some moisturiser in which would be good. however if you have dry skin you may need an actual moisturiser too

Oh, another good 2 in one is Purity by Philosophy. It's my everyday cleanser. It's PH balanced so theres no need for a toner. It's also designed to take makeup off. Even stubborn waterproof makeup, it just melts away. It's got a light lemony scent and leave the skin soft yet sqweeky clean! It's also uber mild, and wont irritate even the most sensitive skin. Plus it's so mild, even if you get a bunch in your eye, it doesn't sting. There's usually a travel sized one 9good for trying out) in the beauty to go section at sephora. It's 14 CAD, so prolly 10ish USD or less.

InspiredBlue

While I do cleanse, scrub and moisturize my face and have a decent routine for that, when it comes to body care I seriously can't be bothered. I am just too lazy to take the 10 minutes to rub moisturizer on my whole body every single time I shower. So I don't. And my skin looks the cracked desert earth..
lol.gif

ashk36

I wish I didn't HAVE to bother with skin care, but I don't have a choice. I'm tired of trying new stuff all the time. My new favorite exfoliant though: plain old sugar. It makes my skin sooooo ridiculously soft. I even use it on dogs I wash at work, and it works amazingly well for them, too. Gets rid of any little flakies they have, and they love how it scratches their back while I'm rubbing it in. I also can't do without makeup wipes. I always wash my face after, but it's easier than having to wash it two or three times to get all my makeup off.

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84

HAHA maybe i'm weird! I love using skincare, washing my face etc! Except when i'm really tired! Else i feel really perked up when i do my skin care routine! HAHA but yeahh get 2 in one products as mentioned if you don't like doing your skin care regime! :)

I LOVE the Clarins Cleanser tooo! :) hehehs

coachkitten

Mabelle what kind of skincare from Sephora (or any store) would you recommend for someone with combination skin (oily in T-zone & normal to dry in the cheeks), with large-ish size pores by the nose, and lacking radience?

I am willing to try pretty much anything. Also when does this Sephora skincare stuff start?

BEA2LS

i used to be like that at night time lol.. the only thing that motivates me is how my skin looks if i dont properly remove my make up.

Makeup Emporium

I am with you on this one. About the only thing I do is wash my face (with Dove soap) and put on a daily moisturizer after my shower. That's it!

Every few months I think I really should be doing more and buy a bunch of items and then never use them. I don't even wear foundation; just a little powder to even things out.

I just fiind there are too many choices and it makes it so frustrating!!

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle

But seriously, it is important to take care of your skin.

iagree.gif

if i have to pick between skin care or make up, i would pick skin care. period. it always makes me happy whenever i touch my face or see people who have smooth and flawless skin. we all have many make up *thanks to specktra enablers* but make up is art ... it's like painting a canvas. a good canvas is the key to having/making beautiful arts.
there is a forum in modelmayhem.com (hair, makeup & styling). this forum is for professional MUAs, photographers & models . they keep saying that skin care is VERY important & even get upset when they find out that a model doesn't take care of her/his skin. this forum is a professional forum & they are serious (most of the time) when it's about skin care.
last year i visited my friend who works for an expensive brand in a department store to see/try a new collection. she had a good make up but her skin was so flaky, dry, dull, etc. i didn't say a word about it but i think she read my mind
tong.gif
& she said that she hadn't exfoliated her face for a couple weeks. but after that moment, her face has always been smooth & flawless. i'm a happy customer
winks.gif

maybe you don't see it now but you will in the future... wrinkles, dark circles, uneven skin tone, etc. trust me, you will be upset & regret it when you see it on your face. so, please take care of your skin.
it's true, there are many skin care choices because every skin is different. if you don't know where to start, go to sephora, department stores, lush or any skin care stores. i know they give you samples to try. i also know that over-the-counters sell good skin care. some websites include specktra have skin care review. it's a good guidance before you buy.

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Mabelle what kind of skincare from Sephora (or any store) would you recommend for someone with combination skin (oily in T-zone & normal to dry in the cheeks), with large-ish size pores by the nose, and lacking radience?

I am willing to try pretty much anything. Also when does this Sephora skincare stuff start?

Not that you asked for my 2 cents but I was reading your post and it was like reading about myself! I also have combo skin and I've noticed the pores on my cheeks near my nose are awful. I have had such trouble lately finding my HG product and after reading about all these people who rave over theirs, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. So as for that, I finally went to Clinique over the weekend and sat down with one of the employees (consultant?) and we went over the details about my skin. I'm almost 31 and used to use their products off and on through high school and beyond. For the past few years I've tried other stuff just trying to get out there and try new things and I think I'm going to stick with them for awhile. She told me I was type 2 and advised using the mild gel cleanser, type 2 toner and the Dramatically Different moisturizing GEL which is a new product since I didn't handle the DD lotion that well years back. So far my skin doesn't feel oily but also doesn't feel like it's going to crack around my cheeks. I'm anxious to see how I feel about it in the next few weeks but it's an idea of something to try. Hope you don't mind me butting in!
cutey.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
Not that you asked for my 2 cents but I was reading your post and it was like reading about myself! I also have combo skin and I've noticed the pores on my cheeks near my nose are awful. I have had such trouble lately finding my HG product and after reading about all these people who rave over theirs, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. So as for that, I finally went to Clinique over the weekend and sat down with one of the employees (consultant?) and we went over the details about my skin. I'm almost 31 and used to use their products off and on through high school and beyond. For the past few years I've tried other stuff just trying to get out there and try new things and I think I'm going to stick with them for awhile. She told me I was type 2 and advised using the mild gel cleanser, type 2 toner and the Dramatically Different moisturizing GEL which is a new product since I didn't handle the DD lotion that well years back. So far my skin doesn't feel oily but also doesn't feel like it's going to crack around my cheeks. I'm anxious to see how I feel about it in the next few weeks but it's an idea of something to try. Hope you don't mind me butting in!
cutey.gif

You were not butting in at all! I really wanted anyone's opinion/advice/experience so thank you!
smiles.gif

I switched to Clinique's 3-step in early December (I am type II as well) and to be perfectly honest my skin has never been worse. I use the gel DDL on my t-zone and the regular DDL on my cheeks. I know that Clinique 3-step works great for a lot of people, and it had for me in the past which was the reason I went back to it, but this time my skin hates it.

My skin looks dull, my chin and forehead have terrible breakouts that just keep coming back over and over, and a lot of redness.

I am totally at a loss of what to try next. I used to have really nice skin but once I got in my late 20s it really changed for the worst.
ssad.gif

Mabelle

Quote:

well, i dont have most of these problems, so i won't know from personal expirience, biut ive heard from my co workers about the following

for enlarged pores;
the clairsonic; which is almost 200$, but people rave about it
Help me by Philosophy; this is a rentenoid cream that i just started using. It's for first signs of aging, but you can use it to help with acne and acne scaring, as well as diminishing the look of pores, not the actual size. I just started using it for my expression lines (which ive had since i was a kid) and i notice they are less visible. Note, if you use this you must must use an SPF as retenoid is photosensitive.
Clinic Pore Minimizing Shine Control; I've heard mixed things about it... but its for specifically that.
Murad t-zone pore refining gel; i think this is the product that most of my co workers recommend. again, never tried it.

actually.... you might want to pick up the "three little wonders" kit by ole henreksen. We call it the little black dress of skincare, cause it works well for everyone.
It comes ith 3 steps.
1. Truth Serum; Vitamin C collagen booster. It's got a good concentration of vitamin C which is what we call the BLT. It Brightens Lightens And Tightens. IT will absolutely brighten, smooth any fine lines, improve elasticity. It will give you a fantastic glow. It's you're morning treatment after you cleanse.
2. Sheer transformation cream: A day/night moisturizer. Again, has anti aging properties. Light weight, super hydrating, will lighten age spots or sun damage. People with oily skin types seem to like it too as it's not greasy and it absorbs well.
Night invigorating Gel: Night treatment to tighten and increase cell turnover.

You might want to look into the two Face tonics; the balancing and the Oil Control one. Both claim to tighten pores, i suppose it would just be which your skin works best with.

I would suggest starting with the Kit and maybe asking your Sephora SA, and ask for samples of a few.... mostly the Murad, and maybe the Clinic.

edit to add: i just read your post above. I change my vote to asking for a sample of Help Me Instead of Clinic. It will help with acne and the redness. The Ole products will also Help.

Simply Elegant

My skin was nice then went nuts when I was 18. I started breaking out and went to the doctor and got some differin and within a few months I didn't get any cystic acne anymore. It's so worth it.

I don't like skincare either but I know it's necessary so I stick with it every day. I only use baby wipes, a cream wash and 2 moisturizers, dependng on the season and a clay mask in the summer.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
well, i dont have most of these problems, so i won't know from personal expirience, biut ive heard from my co workers about the following

for enlarged pores;
the clairsonic; which is almost 200$, but people rave about it
Help me by Philosophy; this is a rentenoid cream that i just started using. It's for first signs of aging, but you can use it to help with acne and acne scaring, as well as diminishing the look of pores, not the actual size. I just started using it for my expression lines (which ive had since i was a kid) and i notice they are less visible. Note, if you use this you must must use an SPF as retenoid is photosensitive.
Clinic Pore Minimizing Shine Control; I've heard mixed things about it... but its for specifically that.
Murad t-zone pore refining gel; i think this is the product that most of my co workers recommend. again, never tried it.

actually.... you might want to pick up the "three little wonders" kit by ole henreksen. We call it the little black dress of skincare, cause it works well for everyone.
It comes ith 3 steps.
1. Truth Serum; Vitamin C collagen booster. It's got a good concentration of vitamin C which is what we call the BLT. It Brightens Lightens And Tightens. IT will absolutely brighten, smooth any fine lines, improve elasticity. It will give you a fantastic glow. It's you're morning treatment after you cleanse.
2. Sheer transformation cream: A day/night moisturizer. Again, has anti aging properties. Light weight, super hydrating, will lighten age spots or sun damage. People with oily skin types seem to like it too as it's not greasy and it absorbs well.
Night invigorating Gel: Night treatment to tighten and increase cell turnover.

You might want to look into the two Face tonics; the balancing and the Oil Control one. Both claim to tighten pores, i suppose it would just be which your skin works best with.

I would suggest starting with the Kit and maybe asking your Sephora SA, and ask for samples of a few.... mostly the Murad, and maybe the Clinic.

edit to add: i just read your post above. I change my vote to asking for a sample of Help Me Instead of Clinic. It will help with acne and the redness. The Ole products will also Help.

Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful!
smiles.gif

Mabelle

^ no problem!!
btw the skin care challenge starts the 24th or 25th. kits only count for 1 stamp on the card.
When i was in work today i looked at that Ole Kit again and it's all oil free/oily skin friendly. The kit does claim to minimize pores. Good luck!

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
You were not butting in at all! I really wanted anyone's opinion/advice/experience so thank you!
smiles.gif

I switched to Clinique's 3-step in early December (I am type II as well) and to be perfectly honest my skin has never been worse. I use the gel DDL on my t-zone and the regular DDL on my cheeks. I know that Clinique 3-step works great for a lot of people, and it had for me in the past which was the reason I went back to it, but this time my skin hates it.

My skin looks dull, my chin and forehead have terrible breakouts that just keep coming back over and over, and a lot of redness.

I am totally at a loss of what to try next. I used to have really nice skin but once I got in my late 20s it really changed for the worst.
ssad.gif

Girl, I know what you mean about having nice skin and then it going to shit. I guess it could be worse but it's frustrating to go from nice skin to constantly battling it. My doctor likes to throw out the "hormonal" answer to the problem since I'm about to be 31 and supposedly women 30 and over start to have issues with their skin. Like once wasn't enough!

Now that I've made my comment on Clinique it follows that quite naturally I'd start having a bit of an issue! I noticed earlier after cleansing my face and applying the DD gel that I have alot of flakiness now on my cheeks and I don't know if it's residue from the gel or if my cheeks are just not getting the moisture they need from the gel. I'm betting it's the latter. I hope I can return this stuff to Macy's since I have the receipt still and the boxes it all came in. I really wanted this to work for me but I think even though I'm considered "combo/dry" that I lean more to the dry side right now and the type 2 just isn't working.

I am curious about some of the suggestions Mabelle had. I've tried Boscia, Cosmedicine and Korres and none really worked for me. I'm just not super happy with my Basis/Cetaphil combo I was using before the Clinique. It's not that it was awful but it just wasn't making me feel like my skin was at it's best. It still seemed dull and just blah. I'm using Differin cream right now as well for those pesky white cysts and such and I've been using it every other night since late December and it doesn't seem to be working that well either. I still have quite a few small white bumps. My dermatologist was actually the one who suggested the Basis and suggested Aveeno Radiant Moisture and it wasn't working that well either so I switched to Cetaphil's moisturizer and it works better but again like I said, just not wowed by it at all. I guess I should call them back and see if she has any other suggestions or try out a few of Mabelle's suggestions.
th_confused_new.gif

hawaii02

I am almost 31 myself and was blessed (ha!) with skin issues. I've tried Clinique (don't use their toner it has too much alcohol), Obagi (derm's office), the line from Kohls and my newest, Mario Badescu. I like the latter because its very gentle, their toner doesn't SMELL like alcohol. I don't care for their Oil-free moisturizer though. It still feels too greasy to me.

Thanks for the tips on the pores. Mine are enlarged.

Mabelle

^ If your main problem is flakiness/hydration check out Hope in a Jar by philosophy. It's Brilliant. It's got kind of a weird smell (metallic), but its also got this amazing souffle texture thats uber soft, and just goes on so light. It's also designed to give you that glow, and it says it exfoliates aswell. I had crazy dry skin on my nose, likes constant flaking and Hope in a Jar took care of it! It also helped to reduce my redness and my overall texture.

2 other products i suggest checking out are Decleor's night balms which are all natural ( Like Ole) and help hydrate and calm irritation. It's expensive a 85$ a jar. Ask for a sample. the sample in and of itself with last well over 2 months. You need SO little.
The last is pricey too, but holy balls do i love it. It's another Ole product (i LOVE ole as you can tell), the peel. I believe you can get a smaller version for cheaper online... Anyway, Its a weekly peel. It will help with dry skin, claims to help with pore size. Helps to reduce as fine lines. Absolutely boosts radiance. The scrub is almond based and smells like delish biscotti. It can be abrasive, but just go easy on it the first time. The lemon peel is a bit stingy but alright. It goes on for 3 mins. The chamomile mash stays on for 20-30 mins and for the first 5 it burns like a mother. But after that its really nice. When i take it off im a bit red (so do it at night), but My Skin was to die for. I actually started yelling " LOOK AT MY FACE!!! LOOK AT IT!!!" to my mom.

Honestly ladies, before 2006 my skin was so nice. Then i went to Europe and when i came back it was just... not nice anymore. I was red and blotchy. My texture was rougher. I felt like i always had to wear makeup. Now that ive started using some of these products, i dont even want to wear foundation. My skin usually looks better without it. And As for "Help Me" i've been using it for less than a week, and im seeing results. Even one of my co workers commented on the expression lines on my forehead being almost gone, where as they were pretty visible a week ago.

Latest posts