Am I weird or is this unethical?

BellaItalia1969

hiya all , Sometimes i come across auction on ebay and one thing that really annoys me is when sellers sell replica with underline caption*Profit to Charity****UK Seller****Quick Dispatch.*** the item in question is fake MAC Hello Kitty 120 PRo eyeshadow palette!I did email her about your palettes are replica and apart from ethics issues,you can't sell fake as genuine especially as she listed some more of these:item=190433583226 ...her reply was
"I did not say anywhere on the listing that these were bought directly from MAC. They weren't. I brought them back from Tokyo with me a few months ago. Please be assured that I have been using this item for the last few months now as well as many of my friends and I have sold a fair amount outside of ebay. Nobody including myself has had any problems with the makeup quality or the ingredients used. I work in the beauty industry myself and know cheap makeup when I see it and would definitely not be using it on my own face if this was the case. Maybe I am weird but i truly find this sort of thing very unethical and defeting the purpose.I would not mind but the seller has relisted another two,even though i did emailed her my concerns to which she replied" I did not say anywhere on the listing that these were bought directly from MAC. They weren't. I brought them back from Tokyo with me a few months ago. Please be assured that I have been using this item for the last few months now as well as many of my friends and I have sold a fair amount outside of ebay. Nobody including myself has had any problems with the makeup quality or the ingredients used. I work in the beauty industry myself and know cheap makeup when I see it and would definitely not be using it on my own face if this was the case"

I must be getting old as in my opinion it's unethical in respect of conning people and selling something and giving percentage to charity even though is fake ....
ssad.gif
or maybe it's just me Sorry for rambling on...

martiangurll

I don't think ebay cares too much. I just reported someone for selling fake lippies--he claims purchased at wholesale. He still has auction up for more of the same.

Its copyright infringement, so I am not sure if reporting directly to MAC would help or not. I am not buying that all profits to charity remark either...
th_dunno.gif

Modmom

The question of ethics would come down to is she TELLING her customers its not genuine. Good makeup or not, people may be buying the items thinking its MAC and its her obligation to advise them otherwise before their purchase.

even with all the posts on ebay for spotting fakes there are so many who never knew faking items existed at all to even look for websites like this or ebays help section. i think its unethical that shes selling something using the name mac when she knows it isnt. i feel the same for people who sell it openly saying its fake also.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Hell yeah it's unethical!
Don't put MAC in the DAMN TITLE!
And as if---THERE'S NO CHARITY!

Cheers girls
yes.gif
i think that people (who don't know MAC brand)will bid higher on it in some mistaken believe that they will be contributing to good cause...the seller will earn money from these replicas and of course eBay will profit too!
angry.gif

That's why i find this whole idea very,very distasteful
ssad.gif

I have reported the auctions,2 days ago...but they still running!Ebay get a grip!

Latest posts