Amy Winehouse : Breath of Fresh old school Air

MACgirl

Amy winehouse is an amazing artist!!! she def. deserves recognition here in the states, a phenomanol voice this girl has! I highly reccomnd all of you to check her out, you'll be blown away. I barely found out about her two days ago and already have her cd, i had it rushed delivered and havent stopped listening to it!!!!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I heard her recent song on MTV. I don't really like her voice. Its just not my thing. She did win best new Female artist at the Brit awards though, Didn't she? A lot of people like her.

She has good style as well.

Although her makeup.. she needs to rethink.

DOLLface

Amy Winehouse, ahh, my new favorite. I got one of her songs on iTunes as the free single of the week and I instantly fell in love with it. I'm planning on picking up her CD soon.

TangoMango

I only heard a bit of her songs. I was washing the dishes and I heard her commercial and I actually stopped and went, 'Wow, who is that?!' I think I may have to download some new songs...

coachkitten

I think she is so gorgeous! I wish that I could pull of the tattoo, dark hair, and severe (but beautiful) makeup. And her voice is so beautiful. I think she put such a great spin on old school music for today.
I had to go to 4 stores before I was able to find her cd. It has been flying off the shelves around here!
I have been playing this cd non stop! I totally recommend this to anyone!!
smiles.gif

MACgirl

glad to hear the album is flying! Yea i love her performances live the best, her style is so deffierent, a true tribute to the 50's but with a twist. I'm still think "wow" i have never been this blown away by an artist my whole life, given im only 19 and most of the good music happened before i was born and a little while i was a baby. I wish she would come to san diego!

Sanne

I love her song rehab, I haven't heard other songs, which ones do you girls reccommend? I do hate her make-up, even though she's probably the only person in the world who can pull it off
winks.gif

DOLLface

I agree about her make-up, but she's so amazing it doesn't even matter, lol.

I'm also in love with the huge beehive hairdo that she has sometimes.

VeronikaJ

I think she's great! I think many people today (especially many of the young ones-not all of them though) are jaded by what talent and true artistry is. We are bombarded with shows like "American Idol" and "The Next Pussycat Doll" that we've started to believe that their is some specific mold to be filled. Amy Winehouse is a testament to what music should be...about the individual and what their true style and approach is. Not what some big record exec wants them to be. I raise my glass
drinks.gif
to her, she is amazing. Crazy make-up and all.

P.s. I think her little bit of raspy voice adds to her sex appeal(something she acquires naturally). It does not make her sound like a man.

MACgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
I love her song rehab, I haven't heard other songs, which ones do you girls reccommend? I do hate her make-up, even though she's probably the only person in the world who can pull it off
winks.gif

From her first album "frank" i rec, "F*** me pumps", and "stronger than me". Then from "back to black" i HIGHLY rec that track "back to black" and "rehab".

Today she was played at our store! they choose our music now, but i was surprised to hear two of her songs today and soem of the girls knew who she was, while others didnt they def wanted to know more!

msmack

I had heard snippets of her song 'Rehab' and I though to myself WHAT IS THIS?! It's Awesome! I saw the vid on youtube and heard a few more tunes... I am impressed. Perhaps I will check out the cd. Her voice has a lot of soul and shes a very talented woman.

MAC_Pixie04

her voice reminds me a little bit of Lauryn Hills, it's rather deep but still feminine and she can carry a tune. I have Rehab burned onto a CD that i've been jamming in my car for the last couple of days, and i'm very impressed.

IslandGirl77

I loove this chick. If you dont' like old school style songs then you wont' like it. But I have the ablum and have listened to it over and over. I like how she got the old school vibe singing about modern stuff. It's not for everybody but I dig it.

jdepp_84

I really like her. Shes so gorgeous. Im in love with her voice, its so different to what i've heard other chicks sing.

kimmy

i finally found some of her stuff online to listen to after hearing all the hype and imo, she didn't live up to the hype at all. to me her voice isn't anything more extraordinary than what you can hear at just about any coffee shop in the states on any given open mic night. :shrug:

Latest posts