ANTM - Cycle 14

MzzRach

OK - who's watching? I have such a weakness for this show. I loved Cycle 13 with the petite models, and my fave from that cycle, Nicole, won!

I know I am not the only one who loves this show.
winkiss.gif

Mabelle

i watched yesterday. i loved the girl with the shaved head.

what was with teh facebook theme? so dumb.

MzzRach

Yeah, MyFiercePage.com? The "themes" Tyra is coming up with are pretty cheesy. But I still love the show - it's all about the photo shoots for me.

Swirlgirl

Oh Shoot! I didn't realize this was on last night! I'll have to start watching next Wednesday. ANTM is definitely a guilty pleasure. And without fail on weekends, I'll get sucked into the all day marathon's on Oxygen. LOL!

coachkitten

I love ANTM! I am so glad that it is back and it looks like this season is going to be filled with a bit of drama.

mizuki~

I can't believe that Angelea girl is starting trouble again. Tsk tsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i watched yesterday. i loved the girl with the shaved head.

what was with teh facebook theme? so dumb.

Agreed! My favorite of the lot so far. I like Ren as well.

Civies

I use to LOVE LOVE LOVE ANTM. But it's changed now, I feel like the best models never win (With an exception of Nicole, I adored her too!) and Tyra definitely favours some girls over others.. especially when it comes to race IMHO.

Mabelle

i just dont like the stank attitudes of some of the girls.
i remember in season 3s casting tyra said to Eva " i dont want to keep casting the sterotypical "black bitch"". and with a few exceptions (melrose) she has and it's sad. It promotes such a negative sterotype. I mean, its already revealed itself in the first episode. Anyway, i dont want to get too much into the race issues of ANTM, but i find it frusterating.
i just wish it was like teh first few season when it actually seemed to be somewhat about modeling. now its about who can act the craziest and get away with it.

i like ren too. she seems pretty cool.
That girl with the huge features kinda freaks me out.... is she this years "weird girl"? or is that ren? i think theres usually one girl with large features isnt there? like huge huge lip, or eyes or eye brows? this girl just has it all. not a fan.
i dont know how i feel about Brenda the redhead. i usually love redheads, but i cant decide if shes pretty or not.

Turpentine

I really like Ren and Naduah.
BTW, is it just me or does Raina look like Denise Richards (before the make-over)?

blackeneddove

Quote:
i just dont like the stank attitudes of some of the girls.
i remember in season 3s casting tyra said to Eva " i dont want to keep casting the sterotypical "black bitch"". and with a few exceptions (melrose) she has and it's sad. It promotes such a negative sterotype. I mean, its already revealed itself in the first episode. Anyway, i dont want to get too much into the race issues of ANTM, but i find it frusterating.
i just wish it was like teh first few season when it actually seemed to be somewhat about modeling. now its about who can act the craziest and get away with it.

i like ren too. she seems pretty cool.
That girl with the huge features kinda freaks me out.... is she this years "weird girl"? or is that ren? i think theres usually one girl with large features isnt there? like huge huge lip, or eyes or eye brows? this girl just has it all. not a fan.
i dont know how i feel about Brenda the redhead. i usually love redheads, but i cant decide if shes pretty or not.

I'm not sure which girl you're talking about with the huge features?
th_dunno.gif

And I really don't think Ren is wierd at all. There are TONS of people like that here in Portland. In fact, the typical college student here is just like Ren, tattoos, super feminist, etc.

I too loved Nicole from last season! She might have been my favorite girl ever on ANTM, let alone to win.

My thoughts on this season.. Angelea has GOT to go. They were right not picking her the first time around in season 12 and I have no idea why they chose her this time. She's a straight up bitch and way too stuck up for her own good and that will be her weakness. She said she's changed but she has definitely not. I like Naduah. Ren is alright but like I said, she reminds me of a million and a half girls in my city so I don't think shes too unique or special. I don't think I can really pick any more favorites until I see a few more episodes though. Can't wait, this show is my guilty pleasure

Mabelle

The one with the big features i'm pretty sure is the one that looks lik denise Richards...rania?
I say the "weird girl" because she seems the least mainstream. Ie shes earthy and punky. I dont think shes weird looking, which is odd... cause theres always one odd looking girl. Like shandy, the twins, the girl from a few seasons ago with the huge eyes.

BEA2LS

i catch up when they do those marathons on bravo.. to me, tyra gets more annoying each season and i sometimes can't take it, lol.
the earlier seasons were more professional and i feel those girls got more of a glimpse of what it would be like to be a working model.

blackeneddove

Quote:
The one with the big features i'm pretty sure is the one that looks lik denise Richards...rania?
I say the "weird girl" because she seems the least mainstream. Ie shes earthy and punky. I dont think shes weird looking, which is odd... cause theres always one odd looking girl. Like shandy, the twins, the girl from a few seasons ago with the huge eyes.

I had to actually look Raina up to remember who you were talking about.. obviously she did not stand out to me, but as soon I saw her pic I recognized as the girl with the eyebrows that annoy the crap out of me. Yeah, I'd say I think looks-wise she is the "weird girl" to me.

Caderas

yeah, i completely agree with the faux-facebook theme.. not appealing. but there are some gorgeous girls this season! i really like Ren & Naduah!

makeover wise, there were DEFINITELY some hits and misses.
right on: Simone (yay Kansas!), Alasia, & Gabrielle!

and not so good: Raina (much preferred lighter), Tatianna (loved the dark hair!), Naduah (bleached brows?!), and Angelea (wow.)

i think it'll be a pretty interesting season! first step is to boot Angelea off. (or she can loose the 'tude.)

mizuki~

^urrg..why did they have to give Naduah's those stupid bleached brows. I personally hate the bleached brow look. WTF is Tyra thinking?? That shit don't work..

Turpentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
^urrg..why did they have to give Naduah's those stupid bleached brows. I personally hate the bleached brow look. WTF is Tyra thinking?? That shit don't work..

Agreed! Prior to the make-over her brows did actually define her facial features in my opinion, now it's just blah
nope.gif

I also much more prefer Brenda with long hair, the short hair makes her look kinda plain.

Makeup Emporium

Crap...I didn't even know this was back on again! Guess I'll have to set the PVR for it and check out what I missed online. Thanks for the heads-up!!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I've lost all interest for ANTM to be honest. Tell me if it's any good.

Yeah me too. I haven't watched it in 3 years I think. I liked the first 4-5 seasons then it got repetitive to me...and Tyra started to annoy the hell outta me!

Caderas

I can agree on Tyra.. I do love her attitude on most things. But.. we can only have so much of people right? Not to be rude or negative!

Latest posts