Anybody want a Style blush to validate & keep..free

Kathytoo

Hey all....I have a Style blush that I sold, and had it returned because it "looked fake". The font was different. So, I refunded and had them send it back. I matched the lid to 7, yes 7 of my other blushes, and the font matches perfectly. If someone wants it, and will validate it's authenticity, I will ship it to you. I'll pay the postage, and you can keep the blush. I have a theory, but I don't want to jump the gun. I have been around MAC for about 9 years now, and this is the first time someone has said an item of mine was fake. It bothers me.

ETA: You can pm me here. I would prefer someone on Specktra who knows their MAC and how to spot fakes.

marusia

Is the theory that they matched it against fakes?
smiles.gif

Kathytoo

Thanks for all the offers.
I've sent it to someone on Specktra who has been here for awhile and participates in the counterfeit MAC forum regularly..

Kathytoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
I Hope you sent it to Panda...just saying.
smiles.gif

Yep....that's who it went to.

panda0410

Okie dokie, have received the blush - thank-you so much Kathy!! This is indeed AUTHENTIC 100%. I have examined it very carefully, and its real beyond any shadow of a doubt.

There isn't anything actually on it that hallmarks it as a counterfeit - nothing, not a single error or flaw of print or manufacture. Not the mould casts, not the overspray, not the insignia hallmarks, not the print or font on lid or base, not the pan, not the cradle, not the pot, not the hinge.... *nothing* at all that I can see that would even cause anyone to suspect it was fake. I cannot see why anyone would consider this a counterfeit in all honesty
shrugs.gif

Kathytoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Okie dokie, have received the blush - thank-you so much Kathy!! This is indeed AUTHENTIC 100%. I have examined it very carefully, and its real beyond any shadow of a doubt.

There isn't anything actually on it that hallmarks it as a counterfeit - nothing, not a single error or flaw of print or manufacture. Not the mould casts, not the overspray, not the insignia hallmarks, not the print or font on lid or base, not the pan, not the cradle, not the pot, not the hinge.... *nothing* at all that I can see that would even cause anyone to suspect it was fake. I cannot see why anyone would consider this a counterfeit in all honesty
shrugs.gif

Thank you so very much. My theory is she didn't like the color. I hope she doesn't make this a habit.

marusia

My theory was she was comparing it against other fakes. LOL It wouldn't have been the first time I'd heard of it, but blush is one of the "better made counterfeits"...like some lipglass I'd seen. If I hadn't put it side by side, I wouldn't have noticed. Even then, the differences were so minute, I could hardly tell!

queli13

hi all. i am the one who purchased the blush from kathy. i really don't appreciate the recent emails that kathy has been sending to me, accusing me of not liking the color. like i told kathy in my first email, i never touched the blush because when i received it, it didn't match up to the mac blushes i had. how would i have judged whether or not i liked the color from that? also, the blush was only $8, on top of that i had to pay return shipping myself, so really it was less than $8 that i got back. i really had no reason to return it for less than $8. like i said in my last email to her, it's a matter of principle. if the blush doesn't match up with what mac i have that i know is authentic, it's the seller's responsibility to make it right. the font on that blush is bolder than on my other mac blushes, blushes that i've bought from ccos. if i hadn't truly believed the blush to be fake, i really wouldn't have returned it. it's upsetting to me the way that kathy has responded in her last email to me. and i won't be dealing with her again. here are pictures i took of the blush myself. peachykeen is on the left. and yes, the font is slightly bolder. with all the fake mac out there, i thought that kathy would be slightly more understanding of my suspicion, especially when i never accused her of selling fake mac. i just assumed that she got it from someone on specktra who might not have known especially since it's so easy to get duped nowadays. if anyone wants me to send them the original full size picture where you can really zoom in and seen the boldness difference, i can also show you that.

SNV15058.jpg

Kathytoo

I sent you two emails. The first one was when I received the blush back and knew comparing it 7 others of mine, it wasn't fake. I told you I was sending it to someone to try to validate it. The 2nd one was today, to tell you the blush was not fake. We all have a right to our own opinion. You paid to ship it back because you never paid anything to ship it in the first place. It most certainly is a matter of principle and that's why I sent to someone to validate it, and told them to keep it. You have a sale thread on here also. If you're saying this was fake, how do you know the stuff you're selling isn't? This is the last time I will be posting on this. If you have anything else to say to me, please respect the board and pm me.

marusia

The boldness can change through lots. Older (like 2005) pigment jars had some bolder font. Blushes...the ones that ARE counterfeit are very hard to spot. (speaking from experience). I also think when comparing a "suspected counterfeit" to something authentic, it would have to be the same batch code, and preferably the same color.

Marjolaine

I totally agree with marusia, in fact I was going to write the very same thing.. Sometimes prints change in different lots. Once I bought an eyeshadow from maccosmetics.com and it has a typo (says "lustER" instead of "lustRE" unlike the rest of my lustre eyeshadows). If I bought it from somewhere else, I'd immediately think that it is fake but some errors might happen during production. It is just normal I guess.

marusia

Older matte pigments confused me too. LOL
There was some jars I bought from a girl on here. They were in the 7.5g containers and they said "2.5". I freaked out and messaged her and panda. Panda told me there were some released with 2.5. Then the girl wrote me back and not only wrote me back, but showed me receipts from the CCO of everything I bought...I felt like a complete jackass!

queli13

well the blush has already been identified as aunthentic, and that is not what i'm arguing here. my only point is that i did have reasons for believing that the blush was fake. and that kathy's assumptions about me lying to her just to get $8 were just not true. in her last email to me, kathy said that "what you did was just wrong....... for a lousy $8." if that doesn't sound rude, i don't know what is, and also took a jab at me for only having been on specktra since december and saying that i've already posted in the counterfeits thread multiple times, when i've only ever posted once.

to answer her question,"If you're saying this was fake, how do you know the stuff you're selling isn't?" if a customer of mine ever had a doubt about the authenticity of their items, i would happily allow them to return it. i actually don't know why you would ask this, unless you are yet again accusing me of having all fake items, as you did in your last email.

panda0410

I think that declare a blush counterfeit from a single print comparison was probably a little too ambitious. When we compare counterfeits here EVERYTHING is looked, especially blushes and eyeshadows, because these usually require detailed inspection of multiple flaw points. A single abberation in printing, (and this is not one of them), despite the difference to your CCO purchased blush, is generally related to production issues.

I inspected this entire blush, from pot, to pan, to cradle, printing, labeling, and nothing, not even the top print which you referenced as bold and fake, raised a flag - this print on this pot is perfectly fine and totally within production variation. I believe you were far to eager to return the item, and certainly didn't make a thorough inspection of the entire piece which essentially renders your appraisal of the item incomplete, and subject to criticism, which is unfortunately what you are now receiving here.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by queli13
well the blush has already been identified as aunthentic, and that is not what i'm arguing here. my only point is that i did have reasons for believing that the blush was fake. and that kathy's assumptions about me lying to her just to get $8 were just not true. in her last email to me, kathy said that "what you did was just wrong....... for a lousy $8." if that doesn't sound rude, i don't know what is, and also took a jab at me for only having been on specktra since december and saying that i've already posted in the counterfeits thread multiple times, when i've only ever posted once.

to answer her question,"If you're saying this was fake, how do you know the stuff you're selling isn't?" if a customer of mine ever had a doubt about the authenticity of their items, i would happily allow them to return it. i actually don't know why you would ask this, unless you are yet again accusing me of having all fake items, as you did in your last email.

well you only had one reason why you thought it was fake. and to be honest if i had purchased it and the seller then sent it off to be validated at a very reliable sorce and it came back as authentic, i would have asked for the blush back and not the refund. because obviously you wanted the blush in the first place, it's not fake like you thought.

and would you really be happy to refund somebody who thought your goods were fake when you know they aren't? i'd actually be a little hurt and upset that somebody was thinking i was peddling fakes. i think Kathy handled things very well here.

and the only reason why it has been mentioned that perhaps you were comparing this blush to potenial fakes is because so many people have had mac collectins which turned out to be fake. we didn't know where your other items were purchased from at that point. but like others have said - fonts change all the time so never let that worry you. and if in doubt you can always message somebody here like Panda who is very experianced with fakes.

Latest posts