Anyone been or lives in San Antonio Texas?

saucipinkbabydoll

Me and my family are seriously thinking of moving to San Antonio Texas and will be taking a trip in May to scope it out.I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what it's like there.Climate, temp. Fun things to do, best neighborhoods, good schools, what the people are like, shopping etc,etc.The good and the bad of this place. Any info would be a huge help so thanks!And is there a makeup artist union there? I'm a freelance makeup artist and I also work for MAC so I was either thinking of joining a union or transferring at MAC, but there are only three counters and one MAC store in San Antonio sooo I'm just hoping there will be an opening or could squeeze me in.....

kaliraksha

I live in Austin which is about an hour away from San Antonio..... so when you get here, if you do, drop me a PM and we should hang out!

San Antonio from my few visits... seems like a very amicable place to live... all the people are really nice... it's always really warm... and if all else fails it's always a lovely experience to go to the Riverwalk. Unfortunately I can't help you with what a good neighborhood is and what not but i do have a pretty good friend who lived there all her life and then moved to austin for school so ill ask her.

pumpkincat210

I've been to San Antonio a few times. You should go to the Riverwalk downtown when you visit. It's really nice, but the summers are very very hot and dry. It's in the "Hill Country" so there are lots of hills and nature-y stuff to do. The shopping isn't bad. My husband's family used to live on the Northeast area of the city, it is really nice and I think all the MAC's are in that part anyway! Austin Texas is only about 45 minutes away and it is a partying and university city.

Classic Beauty

Austin is actually about an hour and a half away. San Antonio has some good shopping, especially the boot mall (I think it's called North Park). I know some good high school's are Smithson Valley, and I think Kitty Hawk and SA Madison (maybe?). The riverwalk is always fun. San Marcos (just down the road) has some AMAZING shopping.

midgetfury74

San Antonio Native

There is a lot of fun stuff to do in San Antonio and the surrounding area. First i have to tell you there are only two MAC stores, and they are both in the North Star Mall which is off of 410 N ( it seems ive forgotten the exit)...one is a free standing store and the other is in Dillards. In SA my favorite restaurant is the IBEZA ( its located on the Riverwalk) and is a very formal setting. If your thinking about family activities i suggest Fiesta Texas, Splashtown and if our up for about a 45 minute drive Schlitterbaun( its the #1 water park in the country). If you have any other questions and im not sure if you've already went on ur trip...feel free to ask. Hope yall have a great trip( yes people do say yall, wear cowboy boots and hats and talk about their ranch)..LOL~

Shimmer

I was stationed there, and I loveeeeeeeed it.
I just wish I was headed back for awhile.
smiles.gif

Shopping is great. Food is great (Maracumbre is yummy).
LOTS of military there.

kaliraksha

Hehe, my boyfriends driving gets us there in like an hour and ten minutes... my favorite restaurant there is Acenar on the riverwalk. Did you end up moving??

Parishoon

there are 2 members here from SA.
I lived there before it got "big" & have gone back to visit & the shopping is definately moving towards more "upscale"
I loved it, it was close enough to new braunfels to go to schlitterbaun or tubing or the lake or the beach or camping in the hill country in the summer
weather is a bit humid, not as bad as houston or DC, but still, it can be rough if you're not use to it
plus san marcos has the outlet center & there's a CCO there

koolmnbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
OK! when are we going to have a central texas Specktra get-together????!!!???

Im In

saucipinkbabydoll

Hey y'all (haha!) I came back from my San Antonio trip. My husband and I really liked it there. We are most likely moving there by next year in March. And will be moving to the north central district. My all time favorite place to shop there was the La Cantera Mall. LOve love loved it! Kaliraksha I totally spaced out when going to Austin I forgot you were there )=Anyways it was a blast.

Classic Beauty

Central Texas Specktranites! This Saturday I am going to go check out the Nordstrom MAC at Barton Creek Mall and go visit MizMac. If anyone's interested.

MizMac

i'm sooo up for an Austin meetup!!! Thank's for stopping by Sat CB, it was alot of fun to play MAC with another Specktra gal!!

kittenluvsmac

I'm in SA, and so is koolmnbv and arbonnechick. If y'all haven't been to The Shops At La Cantera yet, you'll love it. Also, I haven't been to the CCO in San Marcos in ages, but koolmnbv told me they recently had a flood in their warehouse. We need to have a meet-up this summer either here or in Austin!

Latest posts