Anyone had any experience with fake pigments from ebay sellers? Please advise now!

macmistress

Hi all..I know it is little money but I have spent a total of £9 quid for 2 full size pigment jars fom 2 different sellers. One seller has sold me A PIGMENT IN 'ROCkING ORANGE' and another seller has sold me a pigment in 'BROWN PINk' Now after asking you lovely members on another thread if such colours exist it turns out they don't! So I emailed one seller and she sent me the following as a reply which I found very unhelpful and rude.
thmbdn.gif

Quote:
Hi. Trouble is I've already sent the product in the post and once it's sent I can't accept returns for hygiene reasons, as stated on my auctions. I am only selling what I have bought myself from a trusted wholesaler on ebay. I also state on my auctions to make sure your bid is 100% serious. I do understand where you are coming from but there really is very little I can do about this now.
Let me know when your product arrives (it should be either today or tomorrow) and I'll try my best to fix the situation for you.
It could take some time though as on Thursday I leave for a London trip until the following Thursday and so won't be home to recieve any mail.
Lucy

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- lucyt-x[/FONT]

Honestly I am tired of this and I know I should have done a thorough check before I bid for it, but that does not mean to say she can get away with it. These people should be taught a lesson cos I definitely don't want it to happen to someone else!

It would be much appreciated if you guys could give me advice on what I should do to get my money back.

These are the following pictures for the rock orange
th_dunno.gif
Feedback would be appreciated! Thnx!

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Bear in mind there is no words such as rocking orange on the box or the pigment container. only the number 88. Not even on the little guidelines paper you get with it.

rockin

The fact that there is only a number on the jar tells me immediately it's fake. Also the box is one of those that marks easily, whereas genuine MAC boxes don't. Sorry, but this is definitely fake
ssad.gif

rockin

From that photo, it looks like the barcode is printed on the bottom of the box, too. All genuine MAC boxes have the barcode on a sticker.

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
The fact that there is only a number on the jar tells me immediately it's fake. Also the box is one of those that marks easily, whereas genuine MAC boxes don't. Sorry, but this is definitely fake
ssad.gif

Definitely agree with you on that one!

As I've found to my detriment - there are NO trusted wholesalers - especially ones on ebay - sorry. Hope you get your money back

macmistress

Any tips on how to reply to this girl? Can I report her to the ebay sellers?

And isn't it right that as she stated in her reply as above in quote that she was aware that it is not a MAC product, as a seller she should have stated that right?

The pigment is so not MACs. She puts mac to shame selling fakes like that!

Hi Macmistress. If she is buying to sell, then she is a business. If she is a business then she has to specify a returns policy. If she doesn't you have 30 days to return it. If she claims not to be a business, tell her you have the email where she says she buys from wholesalers and you will be dobbing her in to the taxman. That should do it!

macmistress

Quote:
Dear lucyt-x,

From What I gather you were already aware of it being a NON MAC product yet you still went ahead and sold it using the title MAC. If you do not give me a refund I will report you which should result in something not so good about your business. There is no such colour as Brown/pink yet you still went ahead selling it. As far as I am concerned its past its hygeine date seeing as its been in your wholesalers hands passed onto you and then to me. I will not open it and I will send it back to you - and you will give me A FULL REFUND. If my terms are not met I will take legit action against you!

should that do it?
girl_devil.gif

panda0410

You should also know that Rocking Orange IS NOT a pigment, its actually a glitter - so go get your $$ back!!

abbyquack

I don't know if you've seen the recent thread about trying to get money back on fake MAC products, unfortunately eBay and Paypal will do nothing about it. They say counterfeit items are not covered in the buyer protection guarantee. So, basically she is off the hook, although I would still report her to eBay so they can kick her off. I guess I don't blame them for not guaranteeing these items since if they covered every claim they would be broke considering all the fake stuff floating around! But still, it sucks for us who get ripped off by these shady people.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmistress
I am only selling what I have bought myself from a trusted wholesaler on ebay.

This has been repeated MANY times. MAC DOES NOT FRIGGIN DO WHOLESALE FOR ONWARD RESALE! Her "trusted" wholesaler is a bullsh!t con artist. (I'm not telling you off, macmistress. It's just my response to that stupid seller.
winks.gif
)

- The Net Wt. info is all mashed up together --> fake
- Number on label of bottom of jar --> fake
- Thick jar bases --> fake
- Printed barcode on bottom of box --> fake
- Easily scratched boxes --> fake

$$ makes people do evil things.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmistress
so these people are money motivated!
ssad.gif

Pretty much. If she's a genuine seller who really cares, she'd be concerned and refund you without building walls to prevent you from getting your money back. I suspect that she knows her stuff are fake that's why she sold them cheap and quickly to get rid of them.

If you see the fakers from China, Hong Kong, Thailand, etc, all they care about is the money that's why they make counterfeit rubbish to sell. I know this is TOTALLY OFF TOPIC but I watched a documentary a few days ago about people selling their babies/kids in China for $$ to survive. If its a boy and past the infant stage, they pay more. If its a girl, they pay less. They are also picky with girls, they want them to be pretty and smart. WTF has this world gone into?! :/

Anywho, back to the topic. Yes. These con artists are money motivated enough to make and sell counterfeit goods. They do NOT care about your welfare and health. All they care about is the $$ they're gonna get.

Latest posts