Anyone have a Student PPID?

pale blue

After looking on the macpro.com site, I see they offer a discount for cosmetology students for $10. I'll be in cosmetology school next year, but my question is what's in the Student Kit? I imagine it can't be much, but I was wondering what it was anyway
smiles.gif

Chelsea

They just changed the student PPID.. it used to be 30% off now it is only 20%. I'm not sure what is in the student kit.

galvanizer

When I was a makeup artist student, we were told we would get a 20% discount at MAC and we just had to show them our student ID, other picture ID and a letter from the school stating we were makeup artist students (with our start and finish dates). Then we were entered in the computer at MAC so our purchases would be discounted 20%.
We didn't get a 'kit'... its just about the discount.

Ask at your school what the procedure is. The school I went to is well known to MAC where I am.

pale blue

True, just going to the store would be an option...but I'm not too crazy about driving 45 minutes to get to the closest freestanding store. Just figured I'd send in the form and order online/phone since I'm a lazy one.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
They just changed the student PPID.. it used to be 30% off now it is only 20%. I'm not sure what is in the student kit.

It's only 15% in the UK but I get 20% when I use my student PPID card in the USA. In the UK there is a special student kit which can be bought with a set range of items. I don't know exactly what it's got in it but the PPID booklet does state that items cannot be substituted. The kit is available at 35% off retail price (the same discount as a full PPID card in the UK). M·A·C put together a series of kits specifically for the M·A·C makeup course I attended and these were available at 35% discount too.

Latest posts