applying to MAC today (eep!) here's the potential problem though-

photogeek

I own almost NO MAC at all.

various reasons: waiting for my PROcard and don't want to spend 40% more than I have to, this is the first MAC store/counter/anything in my STATE, have avoided getting into it like the plague because I knew I'd be addicted, and lastly because the MAC artists always scared the hell out of me (haha. irony? hmm.)

do I need to wear only MAC products when going in today to meet the manager in case they ask? ie: should I try to find dupes to my Stila/NARS/etc. that I'll be wearing so I can say they're MAC for when I go in today and (hopefully!) for an interview later?
I just feel like it's hard to seem like I'm truly interested and (kinda in luuurve) with MAC if I have virtually no products from them.

opinions? don't know what to do!
meg

ps- I know the products decently well, but am no where near as knowledgeable as I feel like I should be. I'd obviously do a lot of researching before an interview, but can't put off applying. Oh, please keep in mind that this is the first MAC in the state of Vermont, lol, so the competition is not anywhere near what it would be in a major city, or even a counter in the suburbs someplace where people know what MAC is. Most people here have never been to one or even know the name, so I'm hoping that's to my advantage? Oi. so nervous.

baybehbekah

it is fine that you dont own alot of mac products and they would never expect that of you! they also understand that you cant know all the in's and out's of the products because you haven't been to training, so prepare for the interview but dont drive yourself crazy. when i interviewed i barely owned anything and ive been there for almost a year
smiles.gif
so no worries. really what they look for is your skill and how you present yourself, which i am sure you'll be fine
smiles.gif
goodluck! i hope that helped
smiles.gif

MacArtist

Make sure you research what MAC is all about, the history of the company, etc. Also make sure you at least know about some of the products as you might be asked what is your fav product and why