Asking for d/c MAC products..

artisick

I've never done this.. only because I don't know if it's silly to..
But if you're at the MAC counter, would you ever ask the MA to ask if they have any discontinued items stashed away somewhere (like not on the counter and in the drawers)?
I don't know if it's rude in any way to ask for such a thing.
th_dunno.gif

ductapemyheartt

like LE items for sale?
it is totally fine to ask that...sometimes they still have items from collections that are still for sale, but are just not on display...

i went the other day and asked if they had any cool heat left and they pulled out a beaker with a few e/s and said those were the only ones left.

:]

ductapemyheartt

ohhh i see what you meant.
no, i think it is fine...i have been there before and asked if there were any items about to be discontinued that i should buy.

yeah, i think it is fine. they would rather sell the product than just have it sit there, you know?

purrtykitty

I've done that, too. I snagged a Rollickin' paint pot that way when I saw a few in a drawer when I bought my Electro Flash.

kimmy

if you're in search of discontinued items, your best bet is a cco. you can search for one in your are here.
winks.gif

NatalieMT

I think it's absolutely fine to ask! The MAs are there to help you as best they can under most circumstances. I've asked a few times before if they have a particular product from a past colletion (it'd be the collection previous to one they were promotion, not one from years gone by) that I'm looking for and sometimes it's a yes which is great, other times it's a no. But it doesn't hurt to enquire.

Here's another question, sort of related to the OPs question. Would you guys think a Pro Store would still have any of the Lustretwins items in, in about 2 weeks time?

SpringDancer

Definitely! The fact that it's discontinued does not mean the store is out of them. Just for an example, I got Falling Star and Fiction waaaay after they were discontinued.

BunnyBunnyBunny

If you are looking for Limited Editions that are still available, at my location we keep them in beakers and trays near the eyeshadows. I'm sure at all locations the Makeup Artist was be more than happy to find the testers of the products available if you ask. It may be harder to find discontinued items. At my location we usually ship off the last of our stock when items are pronounced discontinued. That isn't always the case though so it doesn't hurt to ask. Like someone else also said, you may want to do some investigating at Cosmetics Company Outlets before you inquire at the counter though. You may be able to get some stuff discounted, whereas at the counter everything will be normal price!

AmyAngel

It can never hurt to ask. I got interested in MAC after the Comet Blue dazzleglass was pretty much gone, but I really wanted it. I asked at the counter if they had any left - they didn't, but she offered to call around to the other counters in the area and check with them, and recommended a trip to the CCO. The MA was super-helpful!

fash10nista

I agree...You won't know unless you ask...I was at the Berkeley MAC store a few months after The Stylistics collection came out and I inquired about items from the collection still being in stock and asked for Hyper Chic lipglass...I got two!!!
yahoo.gif

coachkitten

I found a back-up Melrose Mood and a bare necessity dazzleglass that way! I don't think that it hurts to ask one bit!

xbrookecorex

I feel perfectly comfortable with it, they've always been very helpful looking for things for me, even if its just because they want to make the sale! I asked if they could show me anything they had left over from the N collection last week and they were more than happy to go out back and bring the few remaining things out for me
smiles.gif

KikiB

That is how, when I went to get my backup of Hollywood nights, I found out that the freestanding still had a CONSIDERABLE amount of Fafi in stock. Also they had some Pagan shadows in March at my counter, and they had enough to where they actually had a tester on the shadow display.

doll.face

I'd deff ask. A few weeks ago an MA opened a draw and there was a bunch of Fafi dolls as well as the scarves.

MrsMay

Thanks for all your posts in this thread!
After reading through this thread I asked at the Sydney Pro store if they had any of the paint pots in cash flow... and the MA emerged from the back room with TWO!!!!!
yahoo.gif

nursie

it definately does not hurt to ask. i wanted heatherette alpha girl beauty powder, after having passed it by when it first came out. in may i was at the counter i mentioned that i wished i had gotten it, and voila! the mua steered me to their 'special' drawer. i got to plunder around in all the LE stuff, they had cash flow paint pot in there too. now every time i go they let me look
smiles.gif

melonella

Man, absolutely! You should see the stash of Fafi that my local MAC counter has! I nearly had a heart attack when I asked last night and she opened the drawer and showed me!! O_O

Mac_Cherry

I found this company that will make any d/c products and they give mua discounts... If you meet the requirements

www.threecustom.com/

thedrinkgirl

how ironic to find this post when I went to the Pro store yesterday and mentioned chartru paint (I was told it was discontinued) and they had one left. I'm using it under the green in the new COC Tempting Eye Quad. YIPPEE!!!

Latest posts