B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

keyflyhair

The book can be pulled out at ANY TIME to answer any questions the customer may have. It's not like a customer can grab the book and sit in a corner to studythe contends... but trust when I say a customer will NEVER be denied an opportunity to read something in the update book if they ask about specific information. No customers under my region will ever be denied should they inquire. Nor have I ever witnessed a customer being told "No... you can't look in the update book." As a matter of fact a customer asked to see the B2M guidelines only hours ago... prompting me to write my previous post.

keyflyhair

It has nothing to do with price. Look at the lipsticks vs shadows now. They're not the same price, but both can be recycled for. Under that logic they should make one unavailable for recycle, or increase the price of the other. It has nothing to do with price. It has to do with the amount of the product made. Anywho, i just B2Md for lipsticks from the Playland collection yesterday and today.Each location makes up their own rules unfortunately. It varies by store/counter/city/state.
My attempt was to clear up any misunderstandings such as the above statement. I've also noticed some still have questions and are frustrated by unanswered questions concerning the issue of B2M and limited edition/new collection items.

erine1881

There is a difference between answering a customer's question directly from the book and allowing them access to the book. I'm not saying a customer should be denied any inquiries they have, unless they specifically involve giving confidential information regarding collections that have yet to launch. But the region i worked in was always told customers were to have no access to the update book. So it must vary from region to region i guess. Unless they changed the policy in the last 2 years.

keyflyhair

Then you misunderstood my original post. I stated that if you have questions concerning recent B2M policies then you can request to see them in the Update book because someone WILL happily share the information with you. You came in and replied that I was incorrect and that customers can not see the book.

erine1881

I did. I thought you were saying they could just come in and look at the book all they want, as if it were the look book. That part of your original statement "you can always request to see the book" was a bit broad. Yes, they most definitely can ask to have the current policy read to them. But as most employees usually don't know what is going on, the customer is more likely to be able to get a LE item in regular packaging for B2M because the artist has no clue the policy has changed. If they asked to have the policy read to them, the artist will learn something new, and the customer will only get a perm item for free.

keyflyhair

Hopefully my post will help with any the confusion from saddened readers upset over why they COULD NOT receive a limited addition item. There are way too many RECENT posts for me to cut and paste from the past week alone from Specktra readers expressing their disappointment about not being able to B2M for the Novel Romance collection. I wanted to express the most recent info since this is, after all, the thread concerning B2M. I had no idea I would come in here and be challenged by the CORRECT info I was providing. Artist unfamiliar with compamy policies doesn't make it right. You've heard the term "ignorance of the law is NO excuse" Anyway... I did what I came in here to do... update the thread. Thank you Thread Police for your assistance and approval.

erine1881

I wasn't chanllenging you at all. I even agreed, stating that yes, that was in fact, the current policy. And with regards to customers reading the update book, that i had, in fact, misunderstood your original post. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, which i did, so slow your roll, back up, and drop the attitude.

DeAnn Smith

If it's MAC and it's glass, metal or plastic, it counts. Doesn't matter how old it is.
Any idea why brushes don't count? I had an old beat up eyelash brush and was told it didn't count. Because of other issues and how much I was buying, the lady at the counter overlooked it but I was surprised. I knew the plastic on an eyeliner didn't count but the brush surprised me. And I was able to get Lingering Kiss for my returned items :)

erine1881

Any idea why brushes don't count? I had an old beat up eyelash brush and was told it didn't count. Because of other issues and how much I was buying, the lady at the counter overlooked it but I was surprised. I knew the plastic on an eyeliner didn't count but the brush surprised me. And I was able to get Lingering Kiss for my returned items :)
Because the items are melted down when they're recycled. You can't melt wood or brush hairs.

Paeonia

I would like to know if germany have B2M?
smiles.gif
Yes! They do accept B2M but use slightly different rules for the different shops..
I tried to B2M in Aachen, but they didn't accept my depotted eyeshadow cases because they wanted the original metal pans in it..

Seips

Yes! They do accept B2M but use slightly different rules for the different shops.. I tried to B2M in Aachen, but they didn't accept my depotted eyeshadow cases because they wanted the original metal pans in it..
Thank you! :) It is in Hamburg, but you think they will take lipsticks, powders and foundation packagings, right?

Paeonia

I don't think that would be a problem if they are in the 'normal' packaging, meaning not limited edition packaging? Sometimes they don't accept the limited edition ones too..

kimchas

I did my first B2M at Nordstrom MAC counter a week ago. I have 12 pieces of eyelashes box, dry concealer and lipglass to exchange 2 lipstick. I picked candy yum yum and I am impressed. But they would took the box if it is B2M, so if you are perfectionist you have to keep that in mind.
bigstar.gif

dyingforyou

Wipe packaging counts and so do the travel sizes. Each container counts as one. Hope this helps. :)
so now with there being travel sized pigments, each pigment vial would be counted as one, correct? i have a couple of them that i've bought but i was worried they wouldn't be counted since they're the vials (and the last i knew, had to have 5 for a set etc like in the holiday sets).

erine1881

so now with there being travel sized pigments, each pigment vial would be counted as one, correct? i have a couple of them that i've bought but i was worried they wouldn't be counted since they're the vials (and the last i knew, had to have 5 for a set etc like in the holiday sets).
My friend that works at a mac store said that they haven't received any direction as to how those with be recycled. Yes, the holiday sets need all 5 to count as 1, but how those will be distinguished from the individuals that are bought will be interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't accept any minis for recycle altogether. :shrugs:

bluelitzer

I did my first B2M at Nordstrom MAC counter a week ago. I have 12 pieces of eyelashes box, dry concealer and lipglass to exchange 2 lipstick. I picked candy yum yum and I am impressed. But they would took the box if it is B2M, so if you are perfectionist you have to keep that in mind. :bigstar:
Did mac nordstrom put a permanent marker under your lipstick?

Latest posts