Beauty/cosmetics shopping in Paris?

amber_j

Hello Euro guys and gals

I've just moved to Paris and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good shops or malls for beauty products and cosmetics. I've been to a few Sephora and MAC stores (and manged to find a 131 brush - score!) but would also like to check out some smaller boutiques and independent lines, especially if there's anything specifically for Black women.

I'm doing some research myself online as well, but any suggestions from you will be very gratefully received. Thanks in advance!

A

LMD84

i went to paris this past september and the main store i saw for beauty was sephora. and the sephora branded stuff was pretty good. i liked the eye liners
smiles.gif

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
Hello Euro guys and gals

I've just moved to Paris and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good shops or malls for beauty products and cosmetics. I've been to a few Sephora and MAC stores (and manged to find a 131 brush - score!) but would also like to check out some smaller boutiques and independent lines, especially if there's anything specifically for Black women.

I'm doing some research myself online as well, but any suggestions from you will be very gratefully received. Thanks in advance!

A

Hi Amber,
You may want to test the Paris-Berlin make up products; it's a pro brand, like Visiora.
I suppose you already went rue de la Boetie, at MUFE's.
There's nothing for Black women in Paris that yo did not have in the US (if it's your provenance).
Good luck

stepanida

that's not true, there's the subway station Strasbourg Saint Denis, here they got a lot of all kind of products for dark skin tone. And in sephora they have the "black up" brand. You also have the beauty store at Printemps.

ThePowderPuff

I am dying to try out the Parisian parfume brands, that are specialized in perfume. Like L'artisan, Annick Goutal; Serge Lutens etc.

amber_j

Thanks for all of your advice! I've done a bit of exploring since moving to my permanent flat & I think Printemps might be the easiest place to go to if I want to try and/or buy a bit of everything. I'll let you know if I come across anything or any place that's new.

Hannaleh

Quote:
Thanks for all of your advice! I've done a bit of exploring since moving to my permanent flat & I think Printemps might be the easiest place to go to if I want to try and/or buy a bit of everything. I'll let you know if I come across anything or any place that's new.

Hello Amber, let us know how it goes for you, it will be great§
Which neighborhood are you in?
I am in St Germain des Pres.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Oh, and by the way, there's a brand from Germany named Kryolan, they have awsome pigments. You will find them at Paris-Berlin (pro line store) at la Bastille.

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannaleh
Hello Amber, let us know how it goes for you, it will be great§
Which neighborhood are you in?
I am in St Germain des Pres.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Oh, and by the way, there's a brand from Germany named Kryolan, they have awsome pigments. You will find them at Paris-Berlin (pro line store) at la Bastille.

I live in the same area! I'm in the 7th. You?

Thanks for the info about the Paris-Berlin store. I was hoping to go there today but I spent far too much money on other stuff this week and so am on a no-buy for the rest of the month. Sigh...

I've not really found any particularly interesting or exciting shops that are unique to France. I like that I can get a range of drugstore brands (European and American) at Monoprix and I've finally decided my favourtie MAC stores are the ones at Chatelet and on rue Saint Honore. Next I want to have a look around the large L'Oreal and Lancome boutiques in the 1st and 8th to see what they sell/do.

I have, though, found some lovely perfume retailers and now own enough fragrances to probably last me a good 5 years, LOL.

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
I am dying to try out the Parisian parfume brands, that are specialized in perfume. Like L'artisan, Annick Goutal; Serge Lutens etc.

They're gorgeous, aren't they? The Serge Lutens scents are a bit strong for me but I can still appreciate the skill needed to create what can be quite complex scents. Have you tried the new L'Eau Serge Lutens? I've heard good things about its muskiness and how long it lasts. I might try it for the summer.

If you don't already read it, I highly recommend Katie Puckrik's blog (Katie Puckrik Smells) which has loads of reviews and info on different fragrances, particularly the more niche brands. She also has a YT channel.

*JJ*

i'll be in france in may and i look forward to shopping at sephora! does anyone know if i can back2mac at the mac pro store in paris?

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
i'll be in france in may and i look forward to shopping at sephora! does anyone know if i can back2mac at the mac pro store in paris?

Yes JJ, back 2mac works here as well at mac pro/
Welcome!

Hannaleh

Quote:
I live in the same area! I'm in the 7th. You?

Thanks for the info about the Paris-Berlin store. I was hoping to go there today but I spent far too much money on other stuff this week and so am on a no-buy for the rest of the month. Sigh...

I've not really found any particularly interesting or exciting shops that are unique to France. I like that I can get a range of drugstore brands (European and American) at Monoprix and I've finally decided my favourtie MAC stores are the ones at Chatelet and on rue Saint Honore. Next I want to have a look around the large L'Oreal and Lancome boutiques in the 1st and 8th to see what they sell/do.

I have, though, found some lovely perfume retailers and now own enough fragrances to probably last me a good 5 years, LOL.

Hi Amber,
I read your post only now! It's highly possible that we may shop at the same Monoprix since I live next to the University of medicine.
I can see that you walked your ways through the city pretty well.
It's a fact that the shopping center of large cities looks alike since the end of 80's globalization.
When I visit my sister in London, or when we have to go to Berlin or Amsterdam, I sure have the same companies represented in each capital.
Take care

*JJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannaleh
Yes JJ, back 2mac works here as well at mac pro/
Welcome!

do you know if they accept depots?

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
do you know if they accept depots?

I know they did; if nothing has changed, they sure still accept.

*JJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
I'm going to Paris in July, and I'm really looking forward to go shopping there!
greengrin.gif

i can't wait either, only 1 more week
th_DANCE.gif

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
They're gorgeous, aren't they? The Serge Lutens scents are a bit strong for me but I can still appreciate the skill needed to create what can be quite complex scents. Have you tried the new L'Eau Serge Lutens? I've heard good things about its muskiness and how long it lasts. I might try it for the summer.

If you don't already read it, I highly recommend Katie Puckrik's blog (Katie Puckrik Smells) which has loads of reviews and info on different fragrances, particularly the more niche brands. She also has a YT channel.

I have never tried them. They're not available here in Denmark, but I am going to Paris in june, and I am determined to try them out!

Thank you so much for the tips.

ThePowderPuff

I am going to Paris in june, and having my husband (who HATES shopping) and my very impatient half-year old with me, I am on a very limited shopping schedule.

I have to get to MAC Pro, and I am also looking to try out MUFE and Serge Lutens fragrances. I also want to go to Sephora.

Does anyone have any tips for me about where to go? Is there for instance somewhere near the MAC Pro store, where I can get the other things, so I don't have to walk all over town? I will probably have only half a day to shop.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
I am going to Paris in june, and having my husband (who HATES shopping) and my very impatient half-year old with me, I am on a very limited shopping schedule.

I have to get to MAC Pro, and I am also looking to try out MUFE and Serge Lutens fragrances. I also want to go to Sephora.

Does anyone have any tips for me about where to go? Is there for instance somewhere near the MAC Pro store, where I can get the other things, so I don't have to walk all over town? I will probably have only half a day to shop.

I'm not overly familiar with Paris by any means, but as far as I'm aware the Pro store is a short walk from Sevres Babylone metro stop (on the dark green #12 line). If you only have half a day, then I would go there and then head over to Sephora's flagship store on Champs Elysee - it's much bigger than the other Sephoras I've seen and the range is excellent. From memory I think this is somewhere between subway stops George V and Franklin D. Roosevelt (on the yellow #1 line) so should be quite quick and straightforward to get there by subway from the Pro store. Maybe 10mins by Metro plus some walking time? I'm reasonably sure that this Sephora stocks MUFE - though it looks like I'll probably be in Paris myself next weekend so I can always confirm
smiles.gif

I'm not sure where you'd get the fragrance, but in half a day you may find it quite challenging to get around to more than a couple of stores.

amber_j

^^ Yup the MAC Pro store is on rue des Saints Pères in the 6th arrondisement. You can get there from the Sèvres-Babylone metro station (lines 10 & 12) or Saint Germain des Prés metro station (line 4).

L'Artisan Parfumeur has a small boutique on rue des Saints Pères, and a larger one on boulevard Raspail (near Sèvres-Babylone metro). Frédéric Malle has a boutique on rue de Grenelle. That's about 10 mins walk from the MAC Pro store.

I agree that the best Sephora to go to for choice is the one on the Champs Elysées. They sell MAC, MUFE and Serge Lutens fragrances. And loads of other stuff1 Guerlin is a couple of doors down (it's easy to walk past so keep your eyes peeled), and there's a mini shopping centre nearby that has an Annick Goutal store near the front. I think it's the shopping centre where there's an escalator going down to FNAC from the street. The nearest metro station is Franklin D Roosevelt on line 1.

Latest posts