Best kabuki brush - recommendations

Winthrop44

Re: The best kabuki brush in your opinion???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii
Well, the best mineral foundation brush I have is the Alima one. It's really soft, even though it takes like THREE DAYS to dry after you wash it. Still, worth it because it's such a nice soft brush.

As for ones that are in the kabuki shape, I like Tarte's "glam on the go" brush. It even has a little carrying case.

LOL. I asked Kate about that and she told me to gently squeeze it with a paper towel after rinsing and then it will dry overnight. It does!

Makeuplovingal

My HG kabuki for applying minerals is the Aromaleigh Silky Smooth Taklon Kabuki. I have the MAC 182, Cat Cosmetics Kabuki, Aromaleigh Delectable Kabuki, and I used to have the Alima #25 brush, but the Aromaleigh is by far the best one. It gives the best coverage and is super soft. It is similar to the Alima #25 brush but has a bigger head and of course a shorter handle, it also isn't quite as dense as the #25, plus its cheaper!

Winthrop44

Oh thanks for posting about that - I'm a big fan of the Alima brush, but I just ordered the Aromaleigh after reading your post. I'm always on the lookout for more soft synthetic brushes.
smiles.gif

Does Aromaleigh really take 5 business days to ship? I am so spoiled by Alima, lol.

maxipoodle1

Smashbox kabuki brush, is pretty good. I've only tried smashbox's and bare escentuals and I find that its rather scratchy.

Bybs

The BE Kabuki bristles are way too harsh and it constantly sheds.......I threw it away! I've heard so many wonderful things about the 182 that I'm going to buy it.

liv

The Essence of Beauty one is AWESOME. I'm talking about the newer ones (black handle, blondish hairs), it is so dense and soft, it really does feel exactly like a 182 to me. I would check it out, the brand is at CVS.

lotus

i've heard nothing but good raves about mac's kabuki brush and cat cosmetics' kabuki. there's a sale going on right now @ catcosmetics.com, you can save 15%.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus
i've heard nothing but good raves about mac's kabuki brush and cat cosmetics' kabuki. there's a sale going on right now @ catcosmetics.com, you can save 15%.

Good deal. Before I switched to all synthetic brushes I used Cat's kabuki and thought it was very good. Didn't think the MAC 182 had anything over it.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeuplovingal
My HG kabuki for applying minerals is the Aromaleigh Silky Smooth Taklon Kabuki. I have the MAC 182, Cat Cosmetics Kabuki, Aromaleigh Delectable Kabuki, and I used to have the Alima #25 brush, but the Aromaleigh is by far the best one. It gives the best coverage and is super soft. It is similar to the Alima #25 brush but has a bigger head and of course a shorter handle, it also isn't quite as dense as the #25, plus its cheaper!

I received the Aromaleigh Silky Smooth Taklon Kabuki today, and while it is super soft it is also REALLY full of dye.
ssad.gif
I've washed it 5 times so far and it's still not washing clear. Keeping my fingers crossed that the dye won't bother my rosacea.

entipy

Wow. I can't imagine a brush being worth $45! I wish I had it to spend and find out. LOL.

Makeuplovingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Oh thanks for posting about that - I'm a big fan of the Alima brush, but I just ordered the Aromaleigh after reading your post. I'm always on the lookout for more soft synthetic brushes.
smiles.gif

Does Aromaleigh really take 5 business days to ship? I am so spoiled by Alima, lol.

No, they have never taken 5 days to ship, usually ships out the next business day IME. I hope you love it as much as I do!!

Makeuplovingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I received the Aromaleigh Silky Smooth Taklon Kabuki today, and while it is super soft it is also REALLY full of dye.
ssad.gif
I've washed it 5 times so far and it's still not washing clear. Keeping my fingers crossed that the dye won't bother my rosacea.

That is wierd!
hmm.gif
I don't remember mine having a lot of dye when I first washed it. But who knows. I once had a MAC 187 that had tons of dye and it smelled so bad, I could never use it for liquid because it would turn my face gray. I returned it and got another one and that one does not release any dye when I wash it.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeuplovingal
No, they have never taken 5 days to ship, usually ships out the next business day IME. I hope you love it as much as I do!!

I just tried it for the first time and I do!
thmbup.gif
Besides the softness and great application, I have less flying minerals than with other brushes, which I really appreciate.
smiles.gif
It also dried very quickly. Thanks again for the recommendation! I will definitely switch back and forth between this and the Alima.

i like my bobbi brown kabuki brush. i've tried several cheaper brands and concluded, you do get what you pay for.

Jillipede

I like the MAC 182. I thought the Smashbox #19 and the BE Kabuki were both scratchy on my face compared to the 182. I also have the Aromaleigh Silky Smooth Taklon and while if feels nice and soft, the shape of the bristles is not wide enough for my taste. The brush is too narrow so I prefer the 182. I will use the Taklon one for blush..

entipy

I bought the Essence of Beauty kabuki today at CVS. I can't wait to use it tomorrow! It's actually my 1st full-size kabuki.

Latest posts