Best makeup remover

ShexyKristin

So I have oily skin and once the day is done I feel like I break out just because of all the crap thats been on my face all day. What is something that it great for getting all that crap off? And then something for cleaning to make sure your face is nice and clean?
smiles.gif
Thanks a million gals.

shudecay

You should really check out Clinique Wash Away Gel Cleanser. It's a makeup remover and a cleanser in one--works great on my oily skin, and even removes my eye makeup
smiles.gif

ShexyKristin

Thanks! I'll most def check that out!

Right now I use baby wipes because they're gentle, to get off the worst of the makeup and then I cleanse/exfoliate. But I want something a little more for the specific purpose that I'm looking for hehe. Clinique has nice stuff.
smiles.gif
Do you know how much it costs off hand?

ShexyKristin

Thanks! I'll most def check that out!

Right now I use baby wipes because they're gentle, to get off the worst of the makeup and then I cleanse/exfoliate. But I want something a little more for the specific purpose that I'm looking for hehe. Clinique has nice stuff.
smiles.gif
Do you know how much it costs off hand?

blindpassion

Haha you sound exactly like me!

Oily skin, and at the end of the day I need to exfoliate like hell to get rid of all the crap on my face.

Right now I'm using Macs gentle eye and lip makeup remover, I love it... I think it's great.

And then I use proactiv cleanser to get off any foundation, and then proactiv toner, repairing lotion, and moisterizer.

I know a lot of people are proactiv haters, but it's really helped my skin, and it feels GREAT when I go to bed. Hope this helps!!!

hawaiian_mele

I love Pond's wipes to remove my makeup, it's gentle and stage actors that I'm in contact with love them!
smiles.gif
I've also heard great things about baby wipes, hehe!

I always follow up with cleaning and moisturizing my face.
smiles.gif

PRiNCiPESSAx4

i adore boots no. 7 facial wipes that remove makeup too..i get mine at target, in the bright blue container. theyre relatively inexpensive and last a month if you use one day. they leave my face feeling clean and refreshed, so i would definitely give them a try!

shudecay

The Clinique costs $17.50 (for 5 oz). I just realized it says not to use in eye area even though I do o_O Oops...lol, well it still works great on the face

Esperanza

I have a combination skin with an oily T-Zone: when I find my basic makeup remover not enough effective (at the moment it's the Vichy Mousse Oligo 25, the pink one), I'm using an Aleppo Soap to finish the cleaning: it's such a fantastic product, I'm surprised lot of people have never heard of it before. I made a thread about it there: http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t...ht=aleppo+soap

I also like using the Olay daily facials clarify lathering clothes, I find them perfect plus it's cheap! You have to wet it with water, rub to lather and then cleanse your face. You get a gentle exfoliation as well and you really have this feeling of cleanliness after. It's a good alternative to a normal cleansing routine.

Staceypie0616

I use Neutrogena eye makeup remover and Purpose gentle cleanser. Both are excellent for any type of skin and both are gentle.

meiming

Khiels gentle makeup remover works really well taking off any make-up i have and doesn't react to my skin at all! For cleanser I use Philosophy's Purity. My skin is combination but highly sensitive in general and I've never had any problems. Hope this helps!

Dark_Phoenix

Ponds Clean Sweep wipes. They're really nice because they don't dry out skin and dont' leave a filmy texture.

The clinique foaming make-up remover is great too... except on waterproof make-up.

jilliandanica

I like the MAC Cleanse Off Oil. I rub it onto my dry face and it massages all of my make up off including my mascara, bases, etc. I rinse off and I feel squeaky clean. I sometimes follow with my face wash (Alba Organics Pineapple Enzyme Cleanser or my Peter Thomas Roth Anti-aging). Works great. I like it A LOT better than the MAC wipes and so far the Oil has not broken me out.

makeba

i use rosewater makeup remover from bath and body works and its amazing. its doesnt include mineral oil which can leave a film on your face. its the mineral oil in products that can be very harmful to your skin.

AppleDiva

I use some combination of:
  • Professionnel Unique Cream Makeup Remover
  • MAC Wipes
  • Ponds Cucumber Wipes
  • Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel (Lavender)

liv

I LOVE Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser. It's great for getting ALL of my makeup off, and it doesn't dry my skin out or make it feel filmy. As a side note, it doesn't have much of a lather (it isn't supposed to), but I know some people really love that about a cleanser. Oh, and it's expensive, but I only use a nickel-size amount so it lasts a long time. =]

For extra help getting eye makeup off, Clinique's oil suspensed eye makeup remover is really great (and pretty much the only Clinique thing I really like).

Latest posts