Bimbos unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krasevayadancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I'd say being a bimbo here on Specktra is definitely something with a definition differing from bimbos elsewhere. I believe that the Specktra bimbos are intelligent, strong, interesting... and have a love for everything sparkly and pretty!

Agreed, it is all in good fun
smiles.gif
We shy away from stereotypes and turn ignorant and mean comments (like calling someone who likes dazzleglasses a bimbo) into something positive. Our response is to make light of it and band together. We don't mean to offend at all.

Sanayhs

TamEva, I'd say that if you have the two stickers, you should place one on your bumper and one on your window! Welcome to the bimbo ranks!
winks.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Agreed, it is all in good fun
smiles.gif
We shy away from stereotypes and turn ignorant and mean comments (like calling someone who likes dazzleglasses a bimbo) into something positive. Our response is to make light of it and band together. We don't mean to offend at all.

And might I add, I think when the dazzleglass discussion went in this direction, there was a strong sarcastic undertone to all of it! So um, no, I don't think any of us are seriously calling ourselves or others bimbo's in the true sense of the word, but we are having a little fun
yes.gif

Sanayhs

I know that I've always figured if I can't make fun of myself, I'm in trouble.
winks.gif
Actually, all through school growing up, even though I was a fat, weird kid, everyone left me alone/had a sort of respect for me, because they knew I didn't give a damn if they tried to make fun of me. Hell, I might even join in the mockery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
And might I add, I think when the dazzleglass discussion went in this direction, there was a strong sarcastic undertone to all of it! So um, no, I don't think any of us are seriously calling ourselves or others bimbo's in the true sense of the word, but we are having a little fun
yes.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
I know that I've always figured if I can't make fun of myself, I'm in trouble.
winks.gif
Actually, all through school growing up, even though I was a fat, weird kid, everyone left me alone/had a sort of respect for me, because they knew I didn't give a damn if they tried to make fun of me. Hell, I might even join in the mockery.

That's pretty much the point. Never let anyone put you in a box no matter what. If it's not the glitter, it would be your nose, thighs, butt, whatever. Be secure in who you are no matter what the label & of course, to laugh.

TamEva Le Fay....you're on the list
winks.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
^^Did you change you picture again?!

Yep she did, and this time, it is a CLOSE up shot!
nonono.gif
Seriously, I think she is trying to make me have nightmares
yes.gif
It's not fair, Susanne left to go to sleep and dream of mineralized blushes and gorgeous eyeshadows. I am left to go to sleep with visions of the creepy unibrow peanut girl in my head! If I need therapy because of this, I am sending the bill to you elegant-one!
lol.gif

Sanayhs

Audrey, instead of having nightmares, dream about how you could make the unibrow peanut girl over to look better with all the new MAC products coming out. :p

Sanayhs

Has anyone tried mixing some reflects glitter with their dazzleglass? I'm curious how that would turn out...

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
yes.gif
I actually wondered where you were. When Susanne wakes up from dreaming about makeup...she will be so happy to add you.
tong.gif

Just put you on the Dazzleglass page 26 list dear
smiles.gif

Seriously, I cannot stop looking at that dang cat in the hat every time you post

Good morning!
smiles.gif
Actualized the list.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Yep she did, and this time, it is a CLOSE up shot!
nonono.gif
Seriously, I think she is trying to make me have nightmares
yes.gif
It's not fair, Susanne left to go to sleep and dream of mineralized blushes and gorgeous eyeshadows. I am left to go to sleep with visions of the creepy unibrow peanut girl in my head! If I need therapy because of this, I am sending the bill to you elegant-one!
lol.gif

Hope you had a wonderful night anyway!!

Susanne

Quote:
I'd say being a bimbo here on Specktra is definitely something with a definition differing from bimbos elsewhere. I believe that the Specktra bimbos are intelligent, strong, interesting... and have a love for everything sparkly and pretty!

I added this definition to the official list!!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
bim·bo [ bímbō ] (plural bim·bos) noun

Definition:

1. an offensive term for an attractive woman who is regarded as unintelligent and shallow

2. an offensive term for a man or woman who is regarded as unintelligent or superficial

Sorry, won't add my name to the list.

No problem!
winkiss.gif
I haven't expect such a post from you - at least you call yourself a "whore"? I am pretty sure you don't mean here the real sense, do you?
winks.gif

However I would love to welcome you here in the bimbo thread as a guest from time to time! I am convinced that you don't think we are all unintelligent or shallow here.
tong.gif

(This is meant friendly and not ironic! I am sometimes afraid that my English is not good enough to let you know what I mean. Sigh.)

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I want so much glitter on my lips, like I had been puking it. XD

O.K.!!! I heard that!
tong.gif

I, seriously, did receive my latest Dazzleglass acquisitions today in the mail and tried the shades my counters didn’t have, even out as testers due to them being sold out. I simply bought certain ones online sight unseen. Particularly, “Bare Necessity”, which I completely took a gamble on in hopes it would look great.

This shade is completely amazing just swiped on a bare lip, even with, absolutely, no other makeup on!
I really can’t believe how transforming this stuff is. My only bugaboo is that you are constantly aware that this stuff is on your lips at all times.

Also, God forbid you attempt to eat something with this on your lips…not a good plan. Strange things happen when you attempt to mess with its mojo!
nope.gif

My only warning would be to anyone wanting to wear this stuff on a first date. This is NOT your first date lipgloss! So don’t even go there!
nope.gif

My Dazzleglass List so far:

LOVE ALERT
COMET BLUE
GLAMOUR O.D.
SPANKING RICH x3
th_happy1.gif

MONEY, HONEY x2
BARE NECESSITY
DATE NIGHT

My biggest concern is how long will these glosses last. I asked my MA this question because every time I came in to view the testers they were completely down to their last swipe and beyond. I realize that everyone and their sister had been testing them since day one, but these seems to be going, really, fast.

I guess I was asking the “How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?” type of question!
th_rolleye0014.gif

I figured if I only used them 3-4 times a month (keeping mind these are only special occasion glosses) I would get 1 1/2 years out of a tube?

Thoughts anyone as to how long your Dazzleglass will last???
th_dunno.gif

Just between us Bimbos, of course!

KikiB

It took me forever to find this...that's what I get for them scheduling a big Floorset tonight...

I'm trying the Reflects glitter with DG right now. I put on a coat of Love Alert, then dipped the brush in some Reflects Gold, put it on, then put on another coat of Love Alert, then a bit of Reflects Very Pink, and a final coat of Love Alert...WOW. I highly recommend it. I want to get some Reflects Transparent Teal sometime because I want to see how that would work, as I am loving the ones that have the blue pearl in it.

I will wait to try more on in the morning, because I'm not wasting my precious DG to have it be wiped off to try new combinations. My counter had BETTER not have sold out of Ms. Fizz since I am halfway done on that one. Same with Funtabulous...

Susanne

Girls, it is great being part of "our world" here!

In "real life" I am a teacher and someting like an authority there...

I imagine my boss is asking me: "Miss B., how was your weekend?" And I answer: "Sir, to be honest, I am a MAC addict and became a dazzleglass bimbo last Sunday!" He would probably say:" We need a doctor here!"
th_LMAO.gif

Great to have you here.

Krasevayadancer

Susanne and Audrey, you ladies crack me up!!!!

So I have used my steppin out for a solid week and I am down to having 2/3 left. Give me another week and a half and it will be gone
winks.gif

Good thing I have backups of a bunch of colors. Oops, did I just admit that I have ALL of them plus backups. Yep, theres a reason I am president, lol.

Elegant-One- I think we can all agree that the peanut girl is hilarious. However I am concerned that Audrey is sitting in a corner somewhere completely frightened while Susanne tries to explain to her boss what the virtues of glitter are.
lmao.gif

Sanayhs

This thread is hilarious. I knew there was a reason it was the first page I loaded after waking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts