Black to Bright Orangey Red

Dark_Phoenix

I dyed my hair again. After having black for over a year I wanted to lighter.

Here's how it went down:
First time it was stripped I had it done at a salon that has mostly Arab clients. I'd gone there before for cuts and dyes (black) and had good results.
Not this time.

First strip left my hair burnt orange with color bands and spots of dark:
DSC02259.jpg

I hated how they basically dismissed my concerns at the salon, that they wouldn't keep working on it because this was as good as it would get and suggested I dye it black again to correct. No way.

So I took matters in to my own hands and bought Clairol Stage Seven and Activator. After two processes my hair resembled the character Sailor Galaxia:
DSC02266.jpg

(and my counterpart Galaxia... the cartoon colored hair thing wasn't cool like this)
goodgalaxia6.jpg

After this, I went to bed with Ojon in my hair and a silk hair wrap so I could attempt to condition it before the next step.
Hello 30 volume Peroxide (mixed with Miss Clairol Permanent Color in Lightest Strawberry Blonde). Meet my stubborn hair. I applied it all over and waited about twenty minutes. Washed it out. Then dried my hair and applied it to "stubborn spots" that still looked darker than the rest of my hair (mostly around roots). Waited and washed it out.
Here it is, more even but not even enough:
DSC02267.jpg

Next I used 20 volume peroxide mixed with L'Oreal Mega Reds in Copper and Honey Red. It's a color that's both electric and made my hair even. I really like it alot and it's different than the black (I had a haircut today too, took two inches off):
DSC02311.jpg

and Before:
n1066306257_69070_3087.jpg

Hilly

I really like the new color and cut!!!! Isn't black a bitch to get out of your hair???

almmaaa

THat color suits you well I like it as well as the cut to get rid of all the dry and damaged parts from all that dyeing (sp).

Latest posts