Blending brushes

neeshie

I'm looking for a good blending brush and have narrowed it down to the 217 or 224.
Which one would you recommend - and why?

TIA

mzreyes

217! because.. thats the one i have. lol.. i love it. the 224 looks too long and prolly harder to control. but yea.. i like the 217
smiles.gif

ebonyannette

I have the 224 but the one I have is SE so its shorter and easier to control, once you get used to holding it in your hand you should be fine. I love it now, I used to never use it until an MA told me how to hold it.
To me the white bristled brushes tend to be a little harder, so it depends on how you apply your make up. If you pack it on then
blend it out, the 217 might be good for you, if you blend it onto the
lid then the 224.
Thats just my very amateur opinion though
smiles.gif

lightsinsorrow

The 217, for the reasons the other girls stated. The bristles are shorter and a little firmer, which gives you more control and blends shadow more quickly. The 224 is good for buffing out edges, I've found. It's nice but doesn't blend as seamlessly as the 217.

tracie

I have both, I typically use the 217 to blend colors onto the lid, and the 224 for blending the crease color. However, if I had to pick just one, I'd probably stick to the 217 because its also great for applying color.

Glitziegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracie
I have both, I typically use the 217 to blend colors onto the lid, and the 224 for blending the crease color. However, if I had to pick just one, I'd probably stick to the 217 because its also great for applying color.

^^^^^
That's exactly what I was going to say. If you can afford both they are different enough to warrant owning both. If you just want to get one then go for the 217.

~LadyLocks~

Hmmm...I have the 224 and I love it for blending! It's the only blending brush I have but lately I've been loving the way my MU looks and I owe it all to the 224! Although I can't really say what's best because I don't have the 217 but, I might just be getting it cause I keep hearing about it LOL.

User67

Here's another vote for the 217, and for the same reasons everyone else said. I compared it to the 224 before buying & I much prefer the shorter more firm bristles of the 217 brush.

glittergoddess27

I live and die for the 224. I can get a more diffused Airbrushed look with it than I can my 217. But if you can get both,.. they are both worth the $$

Latest posts