blending the color and highlight together

kaexbabey

so i have trouble making the area where my e/s color and highlight meet look blended. i blend and blend but i still think it looks a bit harsh. i mean it's not like super harsh since i do blend it, but when i see other fotds, theirs looks super blended. i use a sonia kashuk blending brush. any help would be great. thanks!

ps: i'm not sure if this is in the right thread. sorry if it's not!

erine1881

what i do is apply by base first, then brow highlight, then lid color. when the highlight is applied before the lid color, it allows you to layer the lid color over a bit of the highlight. when you layer one shadow over another, it softens the top color (lid color). after applying the color in the crease with a crease brush (the color is already softened at this point), i take a clean blending brush and go over it to soften it up even more. does that make sense?

1. base
2. highlight (#252-i got alotta lid and brow)
3. lid color (#239)
4. crease (#217)
5. soften the crease (#242)

Kiss and Makeup

erine1881 has a great technique. I've also noticed that it depends on the type of brush I use. If I use a 217 or a small shader brush, it looks harsh on me. The only brush I find myself using anymore is a large, dense eyeshadow brush I got from coastal scents. The bristles are about 1/2 inch wide, and super dense. It takes off just enough product to make it look good but leaves enough and blends so well. I blend across (out toward my temple) then down into my shadow.

banjobama

When I do my highlight color, I do it last and I use a really stiff brush to put it on so it goes just where I want. And I blend it with the same brush. For whatever reason doing it that way is easier for me than using a normal blending brush like my 224.

I use a brush like this (Sephora link)

Lyssah

I tried erine1881's method today and I was very happy with the results. I didn't think I had an over obvious issue with blending the highligh, but erine1881's method just helped my eyes look more 'put together'.
yes.gif

kaexbabey

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama
When I do my highlight color, I do it last and I use a really stiff brush to put it on so it goes just where I want. And I blend it with the same brush. For whatever reason doing it that way is easier for me than using a normal blending brush like my 224.

I use a brush like this (Sephora link)

i use a brush similar to that but a little bit bigger i think but it still comes out a little harsh. i haven't put make up on in a few days but when i do i'll try one eye the way i normally do it (like you..highlight color last and same type of brush) and one eye w/ erine's method.

anshu7

u can try applying a lighter shade of the color u have applied on ur lid between the color on the lid and color on the crease.it might help u make it look more blended

Latest posts