Body hair and bc pills question

liquidstar

Ok I'm trying to get on schedule with waxing (waxing, then waiting 4 weeks then waxing again to get all the hair on the same schedule) but I just can't do that so I just shave in between. Lately though, I've noticed that shaving is become tougher, it's not getting all the hair. I always exfoliate before I shave(if I don't there's a big difference). I would say within the past month or so my hair has become more course so I'm going to have to start waxing again.

The only thing that I can think of that would do this is birth control, I've been taking Aviane since January. Is it possible that the hormones are messing with things, even if it's just now starting?

silverblackened

Actually, it might just be the shaving. Unlike waxing, which removes the entire hair - root and all - shaving is just like cutting your hair, just really close to the skin. If you look at a strand of your hair, you'll notice that it's thicker closer to the root and thinnest at the end. So when you shave, you're actually blunting the ends of your hair - that's why it's coarser and tougher to remove when it grows out after shaving. HTH!

xiahe

i agree with silverblackened...or maybe your razor isn't sharp enough or something? i'm on aviane too and i've been on it for 7 months now and i haven't had any problems with shaving or anything
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

oh yes. I was on ortho tri cyclen lo and my hair got thicker on my face! I stopped taking it and a couple months later it was back to normal thank goodness.

liquidstar

Well I've been shaving for years before and never had this problem, it just started happening in the past month. I'm just going to have to stop being lazy and start waxing again..lol

Does anyone get those red dots on their legs? I have them regardless if I shave or wax, they're not bumps its just like you can see where the hair was. I know when I wax that I get lots of bumps but even weeks later when there's no hair you can still see the dots.

Latest posts