Bottled Water in Your Car

alwaysbella

I dunno how true this is but it can't hurt to share the info. If any of you guys looks into it and can confirm this info., let me know. . I'm curious : )

:Bottled Water in Your Car
Don't drink your water when it's left in the car (in the sun)
INFORM YOUR WIVES/GIRLFRIENDS AND DAUGHTERS
Bottled water in your car.....very dangerous, women! This is apparently how Sheryl Crow developed breast cancer. She was on the Ellen Show and said this same exact thing. This has been identified as the most common cause of the high levels in breast cancer, especially inAustralia .
A friend whose mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer was told by her doctor that women should never drink bottled water that has been left in a car. The doctor said that the plastic of the bottle, when heated, may produce chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water. These toxins have been found in breast tissue.

Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle instead!!

glam8babe

someone sent me this on myspace a while ago.. and i try to keep away from any bottled water, you have no idea if its been warmed up before they put them in the cool fridges in shops etc.
plus i heard tap water is healthier anyway
but then again what doesnt give you cancer these days?

k.a.t

Could someone please clarify whether this is true or not? I drink bottle water everyday :S

kaexbabey

i've also heard the opposite. supposedly drinking cold water after a meal causes cancer over time because it will solidify the oils in the food you just ate. i stopped w/ the cold water after meals for a while, but i couldn't take it lol

k.a.t

Omg i love cold water!!! - it's all i drink lol

Now you're telling me i can't drink bottle or cold water??? WTF AM I MEANT TO DRINK THEN?!?

sorry, im just frustrated lol

purrtykitty

Urban legend...and so is the cold water thing. Bottled water tends to harbor bacteria if you use them over and over, but that's about it. Cold water is good for you...water in general is good for you. It helps keep your metabolism going.

SparklingWaves

I had water in bottles in my hot car for a while and it tasted like plastic. I don't care if it's urban legend or not. It tasted awful. I pitched it.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I had water in bottles in my hot car for a while and it tasted like plastic. I don't care if it's urban legend or not. It tasted awful. I pitched it.

Oh, yeah, I do that, too. But if I were absolutely parched and needed something to drink, I'd drink it with no problem.

xoxprincessx0x

I think that it's true. I heard something like that on the news the other day, that it causes cancer and lowers the male reproductive system.

beauty_marked

My bff mom told me something similar when she was pregnant. She also mentioned that you are not supposed to drink an opened bottle of water for more that 24hours after its been opened because of something with the plastic.

But i think it could be somewhat true, no? becuase when you think about how the water taste, it taste like the plastic...that cant be good.

alwaysbella

someone sent me this on myspace a while ago.. and i try to keep away from any bottled water, you have no idea if its been warmed up before they put them in the cool fridges in shops etc.
plus i heard tap water is healthier anyway
but then again what doesnt give you cancer these days?[/quote]
that is so true!

urbanlilyfairy

What I remember reading an article ..which i'll search for ..was not about heated up water bottles ..but about reusing old water bottles over and over again which is supposed to be harmful to you and cause cancers or something.

ok so i searched and this is what i found on wiki

The bottom line truth to this rampant rumor is as follows: A student wrote her senior thesis (in 2002) on potential risks from reusing a specific type of plastic bottle made with a particular type of plasticiser called DEHA (in the bottle's production). When the bottle would be frozen or heated, potentially breaking down this plastic, the DEHA COULD leach into the bottle's contents. DEHA is a potential carcinogen.

Today's bottles are made using PET, not DEHA. Further, the biggest risk you are warned of is regarding bacteria that may develop in the bottle between uses. You are recommended to wash the interior with warm soapy water and let 100% dry before re-filling. As practically no one employs this method, you have no problem. The American Cancer Society has actually commented on this issue with same opinion as the one you've read. In New Zealand, people were so freaked out that the government officially commented the same. Both of these opinions are readily available on line.

Think the water bottlers want to dispel this rumor and encourage you to bottle your own water?

and an article about reusing water bottles
Dangers in Reusing Water Bottles

chrissyclass

Dr. Oz and Dr. Weil both say that you should never microwave your food in plastic containers cause the heat from the plastic releases toxins into your food. Almost the same concept as the water bottle story.

I always microwave my food in microwave safe glassware. I've also got my parents to do this as well. Make sure though you have good quality glassware. Not the kinds with a glaze on it. It's just as harmful to your body.

LOCa

I Learned This In 8th Grade. Well Something Like It.

Don't Refill Your Water Bottle When Its Empty Because The Chemicals Will Loosen Up

redambition

PET bottles do start to break down over time. constant re-use (and heating/cooling like going from a hot car to cool house, then back to the car etc) will help this process along. add to the fact that commercial soft drink/bottled water bottles are not designed for constant reuse and you get a bit of a problem.

you'd have to use a bottle for quite some time to start seeing degradation in the plastic, but this degradation can happen.

the bottom line is look at the bottle - if it looks odd (like stress lines in the plastic from impact damage), then bin it. if you've been using the same soft drink bottle over and over for ages, bin it.

if you use a plastic water bottle (that's meant to be reusable), make sure you wash it very thoroughly and also check it regularly for stress lines and cracks.

common sense, really. i don't care if the FDA has approved this plastic for use in food packaging, i'd rather be careful. they approved aspartame for use in food, and that stuff is shockingly bad for the human body.

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyclass
I always microwave my food in microwave safe glassware. I've also got my parents to do this as well. Make sure though you have good quality glassware. Not the kinds with a glaze on it. It's just as harmful to your body.

I've been wanting to get some as I hate microwaving plastic anything. But how do I know if something has a glaze on it or is good glass?

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
they approved aspartame for use in food, and that stuff is shockingly bad for the human body.

I have been reading about aspartame recently. I have lived with a diabetic for years, so I have drank tons of diet drinks & eaten foods containing this ingredient over the years. I can just imagine what this has done to me.
ssad.gif

Latest posts