Bourjois vs. MAC Mineralized stuff?

mandirigma

I feel like every week I get into a new line to research!

Just out of curiosity, how do these products compare to each other (namely Bourjois eyeshadows and blushes)? From what I know, you can use the Bourjois products dry and wet, but I've read mixed reviews on the blushes and I couldn't dig up any reviews on their single shadows.

Any comments would be appreciated. TIA! :thumbsup:

Isis

LOL same here! It never get's old
smiles.gif

I like the Bourjois shadows alot, and I think that their texture and forumlation is about the same as the MAC Mineralize, so I think they are a great product. As for their blush, I've never had a problem with it. But I'm not a big blush wearer either.
HTH!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis
LOL same here! It never get's old
smiles.gif

I like the Bourjois shadows alot, and I think that their texture and forumlation is about the same as the MAC Mineralize, so I think they are a great product. As for their blush, I've never had a problem with it. But I'm not a big blush wearer either.
HTH!

I agree the forumulation is much like MAC's mineralized. Overly the cover is sheer for both the blush and eyeshadow. I find this to be very pretty because I like sheer look more often than not. When you use the Bourjois eyeshadow wet it's almost like having a new color! Beautiful gleam to them!
As for the blush I think many people are so use to get so much color for say Nars and MAC that they get frustrated with Bourjois. I personally like the fact that you can't really apply. They have a lovely sheer natural look them.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
Overly the cover is sheer for both the blush and eyeshadow.
As for the blush I think many people are so use to get so much color for say Nars and MAC that they get frustrated with Bourjois. I personally like the fact that you can't really apply. They have a lovely sheer natural look them.

Exactly! That's what I love about the Bourjois line.

aziajs

Sounds interesting, especially the blush. I am going to have to check it out next time I'm in Sephora.

mandirigma

cool, thanks for the tips! i might look into the shadows... i like my blushes more pigmented, but if bourjois adds a similar tint or sheen like the msfs, i might look into it. they're not so bad in price either, considering.

aziajs

I have a question. Does the eyeshadow have a flatter dome than the blush? My eyeshadow was missing the applicator and the dome was a flat compared to my blush and it was uneven.

cindyrella

I was about to say the same about the Bourjois eye shadows: they are not as pigmented. I like the fact that their loose eye powders have a little brush inside. And it's not that expensive.
But I think when comparing both that MAC really outraces (can you say that?) Bourjois.

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I have a question. Does the eyeshadow have a flatter dome than the blush? My eyeshadow was missing the applicator and the dome was a flat compared to my blush and it was uneven.

i haven't bought any yet, but from what I remember from my trip to sephora, the shadows and blushes looked about the same size with the same shaped dome? the blush testers could have been flattened out though. =/

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs

They're shaped just like the MAC ones.

Latest posts