bpal?

Janice

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com

They are a perfumery specializing in perfume OILS with a dark romantic, gothic tone. They are really very lovely and I am a HUGE fan myself of them. The forum for BPAL is down currently, but when it goes back up you should check it out. It helps to get to know them and research the scents you may like before you make your first purchase.

Cedar

Be forewarned when ordering from BPAL: They take forever and a day to ship due to the fact that they don't keep oils in stock; they start making them when you place your order. Now, they make an absolutely fantastic product and the wait time is well worth it, but regular customers usually have at least two pending orders at any given time...not that I know anyone like that
winks.gif

joey_zane

I love BPAL too - my favourite scent has to be Wilde, closely followed by Three witches :p

I also love some of the yule LE's like Gingerbread Poppet and Egg Nog, both are yummy!

sophie-au

For quicker BPAL gratification, swap for them or buy them!

And while many of the oils are dark, as a fresh/green/marine/citrus fragrance lover, I can tell you they have some fabulous lighter scents!

sophie-au

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie-au
For quicker BPAL gratification, swap for them or buy them!

Oops, should have specified: I meant buy them from other people or from eBay. That way because they're ready-made, the only delay is in shipping it from the seller/swapper to you!

velvet

icon_bump.gif

*stares at her 23 bottle collection*
oh hey, just saying hello. i found this site from an awesome woman on the bpal forum. i just started getting into mac when some of the girls were raving about the m. butterfly collection. i got pollen and moth brown
now i want MORE MORE MORE hehe. of course the bpal habit eats most of my money
winks.gif
but i think i will have to divide it between them now.

gotta go study. byee

Glitziegal

I may be a newbie here but have been a BPAL whore for a few years now.

I adore the blends with honey in them, O, Jezebel, Honey Moon.
But am also partial to Velvet for soothing chocolatey vibes, Eden (figgy yumminess) and Raspberry single note.

Krista

Just bumping this because I love BPAL! It's so awesome. The product I am most proud of is my 5ml Antique Lace. yumminess!

jasper17

icon_bump.gif

So I just procured my first two BPAL fragrances from ebay - Queen of Hearts and Fruit Moon.

Anybody have any opinions on those two?

Also, any others that are particularly recommended?

I can already see that this is going to become another obsession 8)

devilgirl17

Fruit Moon is well fruity. Tropical punch fruity. I liked it but there were other fruity fragrances I liked better, so I swapped it. One of the most favorites is Snake Oil, it is spicy vanilla, so good. I would seriously recommend checking out the forum, they have some top ten lists and the reviews are excellent. The website is www.bpal.org

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilgirl17
Fruit Moon is well fruity. Tropical punch fruity. I liked it but there were other fruity fragrances I liked better, so I swapped it. One of the most favorites is Snake Oil, it is spicy vanilla, so good. I would seriously recommend checking out the forum, they have some top ten lists and the reviews are excellent. The website is www.bpal.org

Thanks for the info. The website was a wee bit daunting but I'll go back and read through the forums some more. Snake Oil sounds delicious!

jasper17

Oh man. Another obsession blossoming. I checked out the forums and wound up ordering 9 imps from people on Livejournal - they are:

Arcana
Eos
Lady Macbeth
Mata Hari
Morgause
The Unicorn
Veil
Voodoo
Wings of Azrael

Maybe it's time to get a second job to cover all my current obsessions.

mspixieears

I have 2 fragrance buddies and one is completely obsessed with them - by the way, what are 'imps'? Are they fragrance sample vials? What is it that gets people so hooked? Have heard so much about them, but it's not an obsession I want to cultivate so I dare not look on their webpage!

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I have 2 fragrance buddies and one is completely obsessed with them - by the way, what are 'imps'? Are they fragrance sample vials? What is it that gets people so hooked? Have heard so much about them, but it's not an obsession I want to cultivate so I dare not look on their webpage!

Yep, they're the sample vials.

The scary thing is, I haven't even smelled a one of them yet! I was drawn in by the scent descriptions - and paypal makes it way too easy to acquire them. If you're weak and easily tempted, I'd say run, run far away 8)

mrstucker

OK...I need a new addiction, and I think this might be fun, since my teenager just loves anything goth, so we could share in this (maybe).

I dont' want to order blind, and pay a ton of money for scents that might smell like a dirty litter box. The Snake Oil sounds yummy, but other than that, it's so hard to tell. I love scents with Vanilla, orange, bergamot, patchouli, citrus (though not all of these together!).

I don't like florals much.

Any suggestions on what to look for, and where to look? I'd prefer to buy a nice set for my daughter for Christmas, but where the heck do I start? Anybody have pics of these?

Latest posts