Breaking Dawn!!

VioletB

Ok I did a search and couldn't find a topic on this but..

WHO IS EXCITED?? I know I am!! I'm going tonight after I get off work to wait at Barnes and Noble!! So I thought it would be fun to have our own little thread for Stephenie Meyer fans to discuss the books.. and maybe Breaking Dawn as we read it. (LOL I will probably have it read in like 2 days.)

I want to know who are Edward fans? (I mean which we all are.) Who are Jacob fans? Who is DYING for a little more physical action between Edward and Bella?? LOL Let's discuss!!

ashleydenise

Jacob <3

I was going to get the book last night but I fell asleep ;x

I hope to get it tomorrow.., && I doubt there will be anything physical.. it's a kiddo book rofl.

Janice

I got it about 8PM today, read a couple chapters so far on the way home. Edward fan all the way, though I do feel for Jacob.

XShear

I've read most of it, and I'm totally Edward all the way. However, some of the things she wrote is kind of well, retarded. But anyways, the best book of the series is Twilight, by far. Now, only to see the movie with that hunk of a vampire, Robert Pattinson. Whoo whoo!

Janice

I don't think she's a great literary talent, but I do think she has an intriguing "ok" "light reading" series and I am happy for her she has done so well for herself.

x-ivy

Omg! you don't even know how happy i am with the book!! finished it in about 12 hours (with some breaks of course included) and it was amazing!!

I really don't want to see any of the movies made after the books! when i read goblet of fire right before seeing the movie (was nervous i wouldn't be able to keep up) i was pretty disappointed. and don't get me started on the movie for eragon...jeeze that was horrible...but yeah...i'm sure it will be and OK movie, but i'm not going to ruin the pictures in my head for a second!
smiles.gif

pink_lily002

I read Twilight because a lot of my brand reps at work (I'm a retail manager) were babbling on about it. It was okay...I can see why so many people absolutely love the books, but I'm not really one of them. tephanie Meyer's writing style is a bit on the light side for my tastes, though at the same time, these are young adult novels and not Anne Rice novels! I'm currently in the middle of Eclipse, and I do want to read the final two, but I'm not exactly rushing out to get them! I've also looked up a few spoilers on Breaking Dawn, though I'm sure I'll still be surprised when I finally get to it!

Krasevayadancer

I definitely have enjoyed the series but haven't had the chance to pick this book up yet. Sure its not classic lit, but I just love storyline that are supernatural and romantic
smiles.gif

Team Edward all the way. Even though I felt for jacob, i never really developed an attachment to his character.

VioletB

I waited forever for it on Friday night.. And the funny thing is I've been so busy all weekend I've only read two chapters!! I love both characters.. Edward and Jacob.. Friday night was crazy though. Barnes and Noble had this huge party with people dressed up as Edward and Bella and they had wedding invitations and cake.. the whole bit. It was crazy.

brokenxbeauty

I'm getting through Eclipse now, it took me forever because I waited until New Moon came out in paperback and then re-read Twilight, read New Moon, then started Eclipse but had to stop and read a book for school.

It sucks because I love Jacob and Edward.
ssad.gif
Haha.

Simply Elegant

I just started reading Eclipse and so far I think they're really good, especially since I don't like fantasy and science fiction with the exception of her books. I'm reading the host at the same time and it's almost as good. Same sort of style which I love.

x-ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I'm not familiar with this author or book series can someone fill me in? I'm always up for a good read!

Um, wel the author is Stephanie Meyer...I truely don't know if she has done any "mature" books more on the side for adults, but I'm guessing she's more of a young adults author. I quite like her writing style. I always want to see what she's going to come up with next.

The Twilight series is based one a teen (Bella) and a family of vampires, but mostly on her and one of the vampires (Edward). To me, their relationship is the centre of all the books. She also writes about their situation...with him beign a vampire, and her not caring...AT ALL.
tong.gif
It's kind of a fictional-comedic-romance novel! I don't know what else to say but that it is a fantastic series. A lot of people has a different perspective on it - like most books - but none the less, the majority of her readers love it!
smiles.gif

She also has a more science-fiction type book called The Host. I read it, and found it very interesting! I did enjoy it a lot, but not find it "gripped" me as much as Twilight and the other books. Although, that might be because I was practically inlove with Edward while reading it, and there was not really anyone to fall inlove with in The Host.
tong.gif

I hope this helped a bit!

fondasaurusrex

AHHH ! I'm so sad i finished Breaking Dawn . I wish she would write 23957023958 more books. I heard that people put up drafts of her 5th book on the internet and she got pissed so she is not going to release it anymore.
ssad.gif
I think she put the first 200 pages on her website but i don't want to read it because I don't want the series to end .

gabster_7

Jacob all the way!!!!

I was really disappointed with Breaking Dawn. it wasnt like the other books, imo.

I can't believe the series is over, hopefully she'll continue from someone else's perspective. I heard it might be Leah. I would def wanna read that!

Shimmer

Finished all four books in three days. Breaking Dawn was my least favorite in the series, I'm afraid.

evah2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabster_7
Jacob all the way!!!!

I was really disappointed with Breaking Dawn. it wasnt like the other books, imo.

I can't believe the series is over, hopefully she'll continue from someone else's perspective. I heard it might be Leah. I would def wanna read that!

Really? I really liked the book! I read the first three in the german translation..so corny!! Reading the fourth in english was actually a relief.
I don´t know what it is about these books, but I kind of *had* to go on reading..I know they´re pretty trashy and Stephenie Meyer is def. not a great or overly imaginative author, but they are a good enough read IMO.

Shimmer

Midnight Sun is from Edward's perspective and was released on her site after someone leaked it.

Latest posts