• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Brush: 168 (Cheek Contour/Angled Blush)

Chelsea

Overall Rating: 5
Price: 4
Packaging Quality: 3
Would you buy this product again? Yes

General Comments on this product: This was my very first mac brush. It's one of the white haired ones.. so it tends to stain and never look truly clean. I stilll love it. I use this as my staple blush brush on myself.. I have a round face and it really helps to give me defined cheeks without looking clownish. When doing contouring it works very well also.. overall this is an amazing brush. I have had mine for problably almost 4 years and it gets very regular use. Love it!

Colorqueen

Overall rating: 3
Price value: 3
Packaging quality:1
Buy again? NO

This was one of my first MAC brushes. It was far better than the regular blush brushes I was using, but they just did not give me professional enough quality in the makeup I was doing.

I got this brush and really liked it at first. It is nice and does a lovely light touch of blush but is not very specific in application. I still use it sometimes, but mostly use the 162 contour face brush a LOT more. The 168 is best if you want non-specific blush applications and do not want much contouring.

The brush is always stained, but that is to be expected, as cosmetics are staining and keeping the brushes pure white is unrealistic IMO (some people don't think so, however).

This is a nice blush brush if you have no others and want general blush application with slight contour, but I prefer the 162 most of the time.

Hikaru-chan

Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 5

This is my favourite blusher brush. It makes blending in blush really easy and it's quite small so I can concentrate color on my cheekbones.
The bristles do stain slightly but nothing to worry about.
Expensive but worth it IMO.

PreTTyAnGeL

Price [Value]: 5

I use this brush to highlite my cheekbones. I have also used it as a blush brush but sometimes the color comes out too harshly. if i do use it as a blush brush i have to have a light hand. i bought this in the pink diana ross version, so i dont have too much for a staining problem. i fix that by wiping it back and forth on a hand towel to get off all the excess color.

ebonyannette

Brush: 168

Would you buy this product again? YES

I love this brush for applying blush's. I have the 129 and thought it was o.k. but the 168 is GREAT, it applies color very pigmented. This is a must have for any brush collection IMO.

bellaetoile

Would you buy this product again? yes

this is by far the best specific blush brush that MAC makes, IMO. (i am excluding the multi-purpose 187 stippling from that statement). you can use it to apply blushes sheerly, with a light hand, or more pigmented, by using more product and applying more pressure. the thing i like the best about this, though, is the fact that it's angled, and therefore is wonderful for contouring, and more specific blush applications. the white bristles seem very high quality, and i've been using this brush for the past 2.5 years or so, cleaning it regularly, and it's still in perfect shape. far superior to the 129, IMO.

tinawenders

Overall rating: 3
Price value: 3
Packaging quality:3
Buy again? NO

It is quite an expensive brush. I found it too soft to apply color and in fact I can't figure out how to make the best use of it. For me it is too large to apply blush, too soft for contouring, too large for highlighting.

Teex

Overall rating: 4/5
Price value: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 4/5
Buy again: No.

Very soft brush with white goat hair bristles. I use this every day to apply bronzer (as a bit of contour), but also to blend my blush into the bronzer. Gives such a nice, natural end result. Sometimes I skip the bronzer and use this to lightly dab some blush onto my cheeks, then blend it out.

With that said, I want to add that for this price, you can get brushes just as soft (if not softer), that do the same, for much less. I would recommend this to others, if they could handle the splurge, but I would personally not rebuy.

Misoxx

Overall rating: 5
Price value: 5
Buy again: Yes - If I didn't have one, but I wouldn't buy two.

Love this brush - My first full size MAC brush and it's great for contouring and blush, especially for a precise application.

AngieM

Overall rating: 5 Price value: 5 Packaging Quality: 5 This brush is fantastic for contouring!! I can get a precise application each time!

xxluverxx

Price: 4
Packaging Quality: 2

I use this brush to apply my contour powder. With use, the hairs do get stained even when the brush is washed. I also enjoy the mini versions of this found in holiday or limited edition sets.