Brushes from GRANTIES-BEAUTY-SHOP - real?

stingray

Would you perhaps be so kind as to describe what makes you think they're fake? It would also help me judge in future for brushes being sold on eBay
flower.gif

Forgive me if I might ask silly questions, but I'm new to all this... but how do they get the sleeves with barcodes?

Re price, not all of them are that cheap... for instance the fluff eye brush and lip liner brush are each £12 on the UK MAC site, and £9 in this eBay shop. On the other hand, they're selling the 275 angle brush for £9 too, when it's £17 online at MAC. Seems to me this seller is putting a set price on all brushes regardless of their actual value?

Mrschloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray
Would you perhaps be so kind as to describe what makes you think they're fake? It would also help me judge in future for brushes being sold on eBay
flower.gif

Forgive me if I might ask silly questions, but I'm new to all this... but how do they get the sleeves with barcodes?

Re price, not all of them are that cheap... for instance the fluff eye brush and lip liner brush are each £12 on the UK MAC site, and £9 in this eBay shop. On the other hand, they're selling the 275 angle brush for £9 too, when it's £17 online at MAC. Seems to me this seller is putting a set price on all brushes regardless of their actual value?

I say there fake first because of the price, its really cheap. then the plastic bags look dif from what I usually get. 2 bar codes? I usually have only one.

Also from that list I have the 252 and the 275 and they look dif.

But hey I'm no expert. Also I think you can still buy good fake brushes sometimes they're cheaper but still good. I have tons of mac brushes all real but I bought the 266 from ebay like half the price I would pay here in Portugal, I'm not sure its fake but I guess it is and its pretty good!

Obreathemykiss

Quote:
flower.gif

There's tons of threads on this if you search. It helped me a lot! I was really surprised to find that there was so much counterfeit MAC. As for these brushes, I'm not sure. But you can find examples of MANY fake brushes by searching on this site.

stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrschloe
I say there fake first because of the price, its really cheap. then the plastic bags look dif from what I usually get. 2 bar codes? I usually have only one.

Also from that list I have the 252 and the 275 and they look dif.

But hey I'm no expert. Also I think you can still buy good fake brushes sometimes they're cheaper but still good. I have tons of mac brushes all real but I bought the 266 from ebay like half the price I would pay here in Portugal, I'm not sure its fake but I guess it is and its pretty good!

£9 for a brush that retails here in the UK for £12 doesn't seem really cheap to me? On the other hand, maybe it's a bit cheap but maybe not too cheap for another brush that retails here for £17?

The plastic sleeves look to me to be exactly like what I've from had one real brush from a store. I live very far away from a store that sells MAC, so it might be once every year or two before I get to one, which why eBay seems useful to me, but it also means I can't just go off to the store when I feel like it to either compare or purchase. I don't know about the 2nd bar code either, maybe it came from the store where it was obtained from?

I don't have any of them that the seller is selling and was interested in the 252 and in the 202, so I'd be interested in knowing please in what way does the 252 look different to yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obreathemykiss
There's tons of threads on this if you search. It helped me a lot! I was really surprised to find that there was so much counterfeit MAC. As for these brushes, I'm not sure. But you can find examples of MANY fake brushes by searching on this site.

Oooh, believe me, I've spent DAYS and nights going through all the threads
greengrin.gif
! And ended up being confused as some say the fakes have glittery handles, then others say so do the genuine ones. Or some say that the fakes have a funny smell to them whilst real ones smell of wood. My real brush from the store has a glittery handle, and it had a smell a bit like lacquer or paint, definitely not wood, when it was in the sleeve. Wears off after a while though.
th_confused_new.gif

I have bought a couple off eBay, before finding this great site, and they look as genuine as can be when compared to my one from the store and when comparing them to pictures of the fakes posted on this site. I guess I was lucky? But they too have glittery handles and had a smell of paint or lacquer, but seem perfect in every other respect. Having read everything here, and despite their being otherwise identical to the one I bought at a store, I'm now beginning to have my doubts - I wouldn't want fakes, however good they might seem.

I was curious about these from this seller as, having read everything here, it started to make me feel paranoid about any MAC product on eBay... even though I feel I've learnt a lot about how to recognise fakes from here and can see that there are some genuine eBay sellers around here
smiles.gif

Maybe I'll go get one of those brushes off that seller and then let you know if it looks real or not?

stingray

I forgot to say... I got one of her brushes and it looks perfectly genuine to me, having put it side by side with one I bought from a MAC counter.

ellienellie

Quote:
I forgot to say... I got one of her brushes and it looks perfectly genuine to me, having put it side by side with one I bought from a MAC counter.

Hey there

I did too. I bought 2 from her and they look 100% genuine
smiles.gif

Latest posts