Can anyone share their favorite lipgloss recipes?

franimal

Do you love to mix certain pigments into your gloss? Please share your ideas! I would really appreciate it!

franimal

anybody? I know some people have used rose pigment in clear lipgloss. Has anyone tried any other colors?

macjunkieTURKEY

not a gloss
but i did something with nivea lip care stick
ingridients:
nivea cherry lipstick
empty pigment sample jar
electric coral piggie
pout fuschia glitter

i put the lipstick in the empty jar and melt it in the microwave then add glitter and pigment while it is stil really liquid or stuff doesnt mix well. ta da! i have the perfect glittery lip conditioner
smiles.gif

Navessa

i use the angel gloss from elf (only a buck and it gives great shimmer!!!) and i have used these pigments:

pinked mauve (LOVE IT!)
apricot pink
accent red

i just got the new "revved up" pigment and will try that as well.

heeltohaunch

I've used rose, melon and vanilla pigment before and they always turn out pretty. I usually mix some with a non-shimmery lipgloss amd it gives a pretty sheen that you can build up on
smiles.gif
Sorry I dont have any specific recipies but if I remember any ill definately post them up.

panda0410

Heres a thread on making your own tinted lipgloss, or heres a recipe that I have used
smiles.gif

Lipgloss recipe

3 tablespoons sweet almond oil
2 teaspoon beeswax (pearls or solid beeswax grated and measured)
1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
1 teaspoon honey
800 IU Vitamin E
4 drops lemon essential oil
3 drops tangerine essential oil

Melt the beeswax and sweet almond oil together in a heat-proof container over boiling water. When the beeswax is melted, remove from the heat. Add the honey and Vitamin E, mixing briskly with a wire whisk. Add the aloe vera gel and stir into the mixture. Add the essential oils and stir in well. Pour into a low wide-mouth jar.

Tint it with whatever you like, I use pigments, and you can use pretty much any essential oil you like to make it smell pretty
winks.gif

Navessa

i've made my own lipbalm as well, with beeswax, sweet almond oil, shea butter and peppermint essential oil. it is fabulous! (next time i make it, i'll add one of my pigments.)

thanks pandora for the above recipe, i'll have to try those other ingredients!

Latest posts