can anyone with great LV knowledge tell me if this is legit??

MiCHiE

Wow....the price is unreal. But, I know you should get pics of the datecode and the label inside of the bag. Hopefully someone else can come along and give more input.

mac*lover

looks 100% fake to me
thmbdn.gif

TDoll

Louis Vuitton definitely makes this exact style bag and the markings look legit. I wish I could see the interior better. Its supposed to be red canvas. It is a bit strange because the price is so low...and the guy spelled the type of the bag wrong. I was looking for pics of an original on Eluxury.com for you and discovered this...(I'm a teacher, I'm big on spelling...lol) This must be a popular bag...Eluxury only has the mini one available...so I'm not sure why someone would sell an authentic one for so low....It retails well over $1000 b/c the mini is $955 and probably half the size. Just be very careful. Wish I could help more!

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
Its fake. Sorry.
thmbdn.gif
The color is way off compared to the real Ribera. Here is a few pictures of a real one.

Authentic LOUIS VUITTON Damier Ribera MM Tags Hand Bag - eBay (item 250250816338 end time May-24-08 15:38:12 PDT)

Granted, that is from ebay as well...no guarantees on authenticity. I own a genuine Damier Speedy 25 and it looks more brown than purple-y brown, BUT not as dark as the above photos. I think it could just be photographing weird. BUT bottom line, the price is waaaay too low for it to be authentic.

beauty_marked

Thanks sooooo much everyone for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
Louis Vuitton definitely makes this exact style bag and the markings look legit. I wish I could see the interior better. Its supposed to be red canvas. It is a bit strange because the price is so low...and the guy spelled the type of the bag wrong. I was looking for pics of an original on Eluxury.com for you and discovered this...(I'm a teacher, I'm big on spelling...lol) This must be a popular bag...Eluxury only has the mini one available...so I'm not sure why someone would sell an authentic one for so low....It retails well over $1000 b/c the mini is $955 and probably half the size. Just be very careful. Wish I could help more!

Yea my first insticnt was to go to the eluxury website, and they only had the mini. So I went on to the LV website and it was retailing for 1000+. I would presume its sold out on Elux, so $225 seemed extremely low for such a what seems to be an in demand bag.
Def was too good to be true. or authentic for that matter...

Thanks again everyone!!!!!

Latest posts