can NC30s wear Taj Mahal blush? (NARS)

alka1

I really want to try Taj Mahal. I really like orange blushes.. but this one seems to be really pigmented and bright. I have the 187/188 and i already know a light hand is needed. but have any of you with medium skintones worn this? because usually I only see this blush on girls with deeper skintones (NC45+).

any other suggestions for NC30 skin? I want something not too shimmery, and not too cool-toned.

User38

I think the Taj Mahal might be a bit too dark for you -- NARS is very pigmented. Have you tried the Deep throat?... whatever you do, try it on first and make sure it is applied very lightly
smiles.gif

alka1

I have not tried Deep Throat, but I do have Orgasm and Sin.. you're right, it might be too dark.. but the color looks amazing!

Hikaru-chan

I'm a NC20 and I love Taj Mahal, the trick is to use it with a very light hand.
It looks absolutely gorgeous if applied correctly.
Just for referance I also have Crazed which is very pigmented but looks lovely when applied lightly and I've had Mounia tested on me too and I'll be getting that one next.
If I can I'll try and post a picture swatch for you tommorow.

alka1

yes! thanks for giving me some hope
greengrin.gif
a picture would be great, thank you so much.

crazed and mounia.. i'll be sure to check those out as well
smiles.gif
Amour looks amazing as well based on the swatches i've seen

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAtFirstSight
YouTube - NARS!

this youtube guru is NC30 and is wearing taj mahal in the video. it looks gorgeous on her although the lighting is not the greatest.
smiles.gif

thank you! I love her videos
smiles.gif

taj mahal looks great on her

with.the.band

I'm NC20-25 and Taj Mahal is my favourite blush. Even using the 187 I have to just lightly tap the very tip of it against the blush and that's enough. It gives the most beautiful flush though, very highly recommended.

Terry74

I'm NC30 too and I love love love Taj Mahal. I first purchased it because I wanted to re-create the amazing cheek make-up of fashion editor Miroslava Duma (I think she often wears this blush); the first time I tried it, I immediately fell in love with this pumpkin orange blush. In this pic I'm wearing it with a touch of Orgasm. Ok, I didn't use a very light hand, but I can assure you it can be very natural if applied lightly.

alka1

thank you so much girls! i'm looking forward to getting it
smiles.gif

now I just need to figure out what other blush I'll be getting. I'm thinking of either Amour or Mata Hari..

Also - has anyone tried the new NARS bronzer yet? Irresistiblement.
A girl on MUA gave it a low rating but described it as "matte, yet glowy peachy, orange, brick kinda shade" - that actually sounds like a really beautiful color! Another reviewer said it was a "very glowy, caramelized golden tan." sounds very interesting but i'm still waiting for more reviews.

Taj

I had a makeover with NARS int'l MUA yesterday, and he put irresistablement on me. Its amazing as I've looking for a bronzer without shimmer, for shimmer tends to make my acne scars and pores super-visible.

BTW, taj mahal pairs well with the new bronzer and you can always tone it down with nico. Hope you enjoy your new blush =)

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj
I had a makeover with NARS int'l MUA yesterday, and he put irresistablement on me. Its amazing as I've looking for a bronzer without shimmer, for shimmer tends to make my acne scars and pores super-visible.

BTW, taj mahal pairs well with the new bronzer and you can always tone it down with nico. Hope you enjoy your new blush =)

thank you for the tips and additional info
smiles.gif

how would you describe irresistiblement? I read it was more golden than laguna.. did it show up golden on you?

Taj

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
thank you for the tips and additional info
smiles.gif

how would you describe irresistiblement? I read it was more golden than laguna.. did it show up golden on you?

I am NC 30-35, Asian. the bronzer was used more as a contouring blush with Copacabana to create a JLo glow

Twinkle_Twinkle

I think you could rock Taj. Also if you are looking for warm, not overly shimmery shades what about Silvana? Or some of the matte shades like Gina, Gilda, Amour, etc?

Latest posts