Cast your vote for the Shoutbox!

Janice

Do you want this feature to stay? Voting will remain open for a week!

The shoutbox is NOT intended as a chatroom, a full chatroom feature will be launched shortly.

koolmnbv

I LOVE THE SHOUTBOX!!!

But if it is not for chatting what exactly is it supposed to be used for?

jess98765

the shoutbox is awesome and fun, but if we're gonna get a chat room thing on here as well, then i don't really see a purpose for the shout box......
ssad.gif

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
I LOVE THE SHOUTBOX!!!

But if it is not for chatting what exactly is it supposed to be used for?

Shoutbox is more of a writing on the wall type system- where you could leave a little message for a friend or somesuch.

lola336

i voted to keep it but after reading the comments i think i would change it to a no. if we are going to get a chat room type thing..then we really dont need this function. also, it is a cute writing on the wall type thing..but it only stores a certain amount of entries...so if people are writing a lot..then the person u wrote to might not see it...so it might not be that effective.

Jennifer Mcfly

it seems like people are using it as a chat room. so i think that it should be dumped and replaced with a fully functional chatroom. no need for both.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
it seems like people are using it as a chat room. so i think that it should be dumped and replaced with a fully functional chatroom. no need for both.

Yeah agree with this. If people want to leave messages they should use the PM function.

Janice

Well it was very close! Those who voted to keep the shoutbox won by a small margin! Enjoy this now permanent feature!
greengrin.gif

Janice

The shoutbox has been disabled due to spamming. I don't want members accidently clicking on links to sites that have been spammed in the shoutbox. These sites are "hacker" type websites that might have malicious code meant to intrude or install programs on your computer without your knowledge.

It's really a security issue, I have contacted the developer with my concerns and we'll see if it can be improved upon. If we can work past our security concerns we will enable the shoutbox once again. Until then we will be replacing it with our chat feature. Once chat is up and running you will see a link to it in your navigation bar (should be sometime this evening).

Latest posts