Catching up F/EOTDs -- I need help :(

Jeisenne

Hey Spektra folk! Long time no post, but my youngest son's 10th birthday + finals week + holidays = me being pwned totally.

I have been completely uninspired and in a massive makeup rut lately
ssad.gif
It's the same neutrals with nary a hint of color. My self esteem reflects in the color choices I think. Please give me color combinations/suggestions that would work with my eye color/shape and I'll love you forever ^^ I passed my Microbiology class and I got a 90/90 on my final lab report, so as a present the family got me a $100 gift card. I'd like to spend it on colors that aren't overly trendy, but I think that my features are odd so not many colors outside of the neutral range work for me.

Lots and lots of photos ahead. I also started giving some of my neglected NYX items some love. Any cc/feedback you can give me is most appreciated! Thanks <3 <3 Jen

P.S. Sorry for all the large photos, I forgot how to do the thumbnail thing
ssad.gif
Science has melted my brain, I swear...

Misc. preview photos:

th_0d5eba26.jpg
th_15c33b1f.jpg
th_a6b27dc0.jpg

On to the larger photos. Again, sorry
ssad.gif
Also, pardon my eyebrows. They're usually quite neat but studying for finals was more important than shaping my brows
ssad.gif
Usual face stuff: Studio Fix NC25, Plum Foolery Blush, Cover Girl caramel to contour. All MAC unless otherwise stated
smiles.gif

December 18:

8d07771c.jpg
06e4e33b.jpg
0cedf2bd.jpg

Eye stuff used (after UDPP) and goofy full face, because we all know goofy faces show the job best~ Lips are plain Carmex, booo winter chapped lips
ssad.gif

11ce2b5d.jpg
89063c0a.jpg
d5ea4aaa.jpg

December 15 (dates are out of order... haha)

Just eyes, my face was acting too wonky to post:

c5c53275.jpg
e8b61c96.jpg
0aef664a.jpg
ef0cfab5.jpg

Stuff used (Isn't NYX Copper a dupe for Cranberry e/s? Part of me wants to get Cranberry but if I have a near full pan of Copper I can't get myself to buy it).

7e7734a8.jpg

December 16: My son took these photos during a commercial break. We were camped out on my bed watching movies and I had put some freshly charged batteries back in the camera, and he wanted to take pictures of me. His favorite photo subjects? Me, his scooter, and our cat. But yeah, that's the reason I have bed head haha~

d0259563.jpg
94377f09.jpg
d2c1a3ba.jpg
60c96d48.jpg

Some random day, right after a 4 hour microbiology lab and an hour in the gym. MAC holds up so well even after being gross and sweaty! I think I'm using Vanilla e/s, Shale e/s, Other Worldly blush, and NYX Merlot lipgloss.

2e2a5b0b.jpg

Today: Ugh... check this out guys, the last time I dyed my hair was in July, and now you can see a good 2+ inches of my natural brown roots, and the rest is black. I want to even it out, but I don't want to fry my hair
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

5f2da957.jpg
30112b6b.jpg

Anyway, on to happier things: Makeup! Usual face stuff used, but Crystal Rose lipglass on lips.

2f0fdbd1.jpg
ea5df008.jpg
b29bf70b.jpg
bdfd5641.jpg

Woooooo for wonky face!!! Hahaha <3

a5708c05.jpg

If you've made it this far without totally hating me, THANK YOU!!! I really appreciate any feedback you can give me with color suggestions, blending, etc. I'm so stuck in a neutral rut, and winter is usually when I like to let my colors out.

Briar

You are so beautiful. If you're wanting color suggestions I think anything in the blue to green range would look fabulous on you. I'd stick with the more vibrant and deeper colors. You look fantastic in the deep warm shades that you've got going on in these looks too.

nikki

Very pretty FOTDs. Try some greens---they always look great with dark hair/eyes!

Jeisenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
You are so beautiful. If you're wanting color suggestions I think anything in the blue to green range would look fabulous on you. I'd stick with the more vibrant and deeper colors. You look fantastic in the deep warm shades that you've got going on in these looks too.

Awww, thank you! And thanks to everybody else who commented so far! I wish I was more photogenic -- everybody says I look awful in pictures and better in person. The camera ages me I think.

As far as you suggestion Briar, the only problem is that I'm terribly afraid of blues. Back in high school I used to be on flag team and we had to perform halftime shows wearing this thick blue eyeshadow that was heavy enough to chalk a pool stick with, and I think ever since I've shied away from them.

The last thing I need is to be known as some mid 30s woman having a hooker crisis in blue eyeshadow, haha! I just am not sure how I should wear blue though as anything but a highlight or eyeliner. I own Blue Storm and RR Blue pigment, and I want to get Parrot but I'm not sure how to apply it without looking garish
ssad.gif

Greens now though... I've got some good ones: Velvet Moss, Springtime Skipper, Steamy, Shimmermoss (yes, don't ask... I got them in a swap together, they looked different in the photo but they're near identical), Sultress, Nightlight pigment, Teal pigment, and NYX Kiwi and Lime shades.

Arachne911

I think purples, definately violets, greens, maybe fiction or steamy with carbon. You coloring looks like coppers may look nice to. Oh and cranberry. BTW you are beautiful
smiles.gif

Latest posts