CCOs

ms.marymac

I have a CCO somewhat near my house and I am curious about them. How much of a discount to they offer? Do they just carry LE/ Discontinued items or do they sometimes carry overstock? Is it worth the drive?

moonrevel

I believe most things at CCO's are 30% off their original price. They're mostly hit or miss. They carry LE/discontinued things, and also overstock on things, particularly when packaging has changed and they are trying to get rid of old stuff (the last one I went to had a lot of non-DC'd shadows, but in one of the older box styles). If you're looking for something specific, I would call first. Once I went to one and they had all kinds of good DC'd MAC stuff, but another one I went to had practically nothing of interest. If you like other Estee Lauder brands as well, it can be a fun time because they have all kinds of stuff cheaper than in a regular store, but every one is different. Sometimes you find a score, and sometimes you leave disappointed!

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan
may i ask a DUMB question?

what's a CCO anyway? LOL

Haha, not dumb! CCO stands for Cosmetics Company Outlet, and it's basically an outlet store for all the Estee Lauder brands. You can go to http://www.outletbound.com/ to find locations in outlet malls in the US. They carry lots of DC'd/LE/normal products from the different EL brands at a reduced price, and you can sometimes find some pretty cool stuff there (things like Coco Beach pigment and Guacamole eyeshadow have been popping up at some CCO's). If you have one near you, you should check it out, but sometimes they are disappointing with a particular brand.

RussianSexpot

CHA-CHEEYING!

I didn't even realize that my local outlet mall had a CCO that carried MAC until I just called, excuse me while I go to a giddy dance
encore.gif

mich.

glamella

It depends on the product. Anywhere from 30-50% off. My CCO is great now because it's so busy that they constantly get stock. Lots of MAc (tho it sells out fast), Bobbi Brown, EL, Origins, Clinique, Stila, Prescriptives, and then some the the perfumes & colognes that belong to EL companies.

Oonie

I found one kinda near me. Getting directions now and will call to see if they have any MAC items in stock.

foreveratorifan

OHHH I see...

yeah we do have one like an hour from us! i actually bought a few items there at cheaper prices! a few e/s at $9 each...VERY pretty and some blushes too!
smiles.gif

I guess I should hit that store up more often then! hehehe

melozburngr

I love this plac-e I NEVEr would have known about this place.. and now I know that there are 2 near where I can going next weekend.. and 1 by my friend's house on the other side of the state- I am SOOOOO excited!

Shawna

AAAARRRGGGHHHH, we don't have one of these in Canada. At least not near me. I am so jealous.

mj

i love this board. ontario outlet here i come!

*gets out the charge card*

Janice

ms.marymac IIRC you're a MAC MA, so you'll get an extra discount (not sure of the percentage) if you bring in your paystub with you.
smiles.gif
Same goes with any EL line employees or EL company employees. HTH

Glamourpusskitty

can I just say how jealous I am lol because I have no CCO!

DH wants to go to America on holiday this year so perhaps I'll be able to visit one when I'm there lol

xx

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
ms.marymac IIRC you're a MAC MA, so you'll get an extra discount (not sure of the percentage) if you bring in your paystub with you.
smiles.gif
Same goes with any EL line employees or EL company employees. HTH

Sweet!

Thanks for all the info everybody!

Latest posts